Chapter 112

Elora's POV.

It's been two days since the poison incident, and I'm getting better as every day passes, I can now eat, sit, or even move my hands, and even stand on my own but I still can't walk.

The past two days had been the most hectic most heartbroken days of my life, I mean why was everyone against my life, what if I had died again?

I watched the doctor run some tests on me and examine my heartbeat and my purse, Damon was beyond happy at how I was responding to the medication, I don't know what I would have done without him, each moment with him made me feel safe like everything is going to be alright, with his by my side, I felt I can touch the moon, he made me feel adored, and protected and my knight, he made it becomes his responsibilities to cook for me and get me everything I wanted, in Damon, I found love, peace, and serenity.

The doctor was done checking whatever he was doing.

"You are responding quickly your majesty, you are getting so much better, and very soon you will be able to walk." The doctor said and that brought joy to my hate, I hate how I had become a liability to Damon, even though he never complained but I hate how much he was struggling for me.

Damon's face turned bright with a smile.

"Oh my God, I told him, I told you, you will be fine, I can't wait for you to start walking again," Damon exclaimed with a smile.

The doctor smiled too.

"Congratulations, I will take my leave now, please if you need anything, or if anything happens, let me know first." He said, Damon shook his hand and then walked him to the door.

"Thank you so much doc." I heard Damon said.

I closed my eyes and when I felt a touch on my hands, I smiled and opened them and saw Damon staring at me like a puppy in love, he gently wrapped his hands around my waist and I felt the safeness I needed to feel, while brushing my hair with his hands.

"Damon, thank you so much for everything, for being by my side and for protecting me, I'm never used to receiving such care and attention," I exclaimed, and couldn't stop the tears threatening to fall from my eyes from falling, I wasn't being dramatic when I said I was not used to receiving such attention, my life was filled with back to back, side to side betrayers from all angles, and I don't think there is anyone, well, apart from my parents who genuinely love me, but in Damon I'm finding all of this.

Damon inserted his fingers in mine then kissed my forehead.

"Elora, I think you should start getting used to it because as long as I live, there is nothing I can't do for you, Elora, you are special, you are kind, you are beautiful, you deserve just the best, and only that." Damon stated and I sniffed, my heart melted, if there is something I'm forever grateful to the moon goddess is the presence of Damon in my life.

"Thank you, my love." I said and watched him blush, I remembered something and pouted.

"Are you okay my love? Do you need fresh air? Or do you need something? Do you want me to carry you?" Damon asked at once.

"No, I'm okay, it's just that I felt useless just laying here, and ignoring my duties and responsibilities as the Luna of this pack" I replied crossing my arms.

"Elora, the pack is not as important as your health, don't bother about them for now, besides I'm taking care of everything, you should remember that, if you had died because of that poison, a new ruler would be. Crowned and as time goes on, everyone will forget you, so just focus on getting better, as your health comes first." Damon's words raised an atom of confidence in my heart.

"But the work is too much on just you alone, handling a pack is not easy."

"Elora, don't think about it, I'm not complaining, and if you can handle the pack on your own why can't I? Don't worry, I got this, okay." He replied and  suddenly stood up, I lifted my head and gazed at him.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Just a minute babe." Damon replied and winked at me before quickly rushing out of the room.

I blushed to myself, I love how I'm feeling in my heart, every minute with Damon made my heart flutter.

I giggled at the thought of it.

Waiting for Damon felt like forever to me, and just I was about to give up, when Damon entered the room holding a bunch of red roses.

"Oh my God!" I gasped, they are my favorites, I could scent the smells of the beautiful roses as he approached me, he cracked his voice.

"Beautiful Roses for a beautiful lady." He said and kneeled down then handed me the flowers, I don't know how to explain the joy I felt in my heart, I collected the roses and inhaled the comforting smell then hugged Damon.

"You can't stop making me blush all through." I said and he just stared into my eyes.

"Will it be cool to say to say that I don't have any intentions of stopping anytime soon?" Damon asked.

"I would love for it to last forever." I answered.

Damon stared into my eyes with so much love and then gently brought his face closer to mine, our lips met and we shared a passionate kiss that I didn't want to ever end, he tucked my hair as he kissed me deeply and I didn't fail to kiss him back, he gently climbed the bed breathing on my neck when we suddenly heard a knock.

Damon looked startled but I looked surprised.

"I will check." Damon said and went to open the door and found a guard.

"Sir, I have an urgent news." I heard the guard say I sat up, Damon glanced at me and I did the same, then we both looked at the guard.