Chapter 128

128.

**Author's POV**

The guards nodded their heads and tied Dexter to a tree. They got their whips ready and took turns to whip him. Dexter groaned in pain as the whips landed on his back, tearing his skin.

As they took turns to whip him, Elora stood with her arms folded while the people watched with bemused expression on their faces. She walked to where he was tied and smiled at him.

"How do you feel?" She asked obviously and he glared at her. He couldn't say anything as the whips kept landing on his back, the guards showing no form of mercy.

He began to bleed and even with the blood dripping from his body, they didn't hold back and continued to whip him. When they were sure it had reached a hundred strokes, they stopped and Dexter thought he would be relieved, but Elora hadn't had enough.

"Continue," she ordered, and Dexter didn't know when tears dropped from his eyes. The guards continued with their torture while he screamed in pain, saying that he couldn't bear it anymore. "This is just the beginning!" She smirked and Dexter wept.

After a while, she raised her hand to stop them. "Enough!" They stopped immediately. "Untie him," She ordered and they released him. He was unable to stand and fell flat on his face. She made a sign, and guards rushed in with buckets of burning goals. They poured it on the ground, and Dexter's eyes widened.

She had mind linked them to get it ready when Dexter was being flogged. She asked them to arrange it and they did. Dexter had no idea what she wanted to use the coals for. He wondered if she was going to burn his skin with it. He clasped his hand together to plead, his back stung from the impact of the whips he had received.

Elora ignored him and when the guards had arranged the goal, she turned to Dexter. "Stand up," she ordered, and the guards pulled him up. "Walk on those goals!" She ordered and he burst into tears.

"Please, Elora, I regret everything I've done. There's no need for these anymore. Please, forgive. Please..." He pleaded, but she acted deaf.

"Walk on those coals!" She snapped, causing him to flinch. The guards pushed him forward and whipped him like an animal, commanding him to walk on the coals. Dexter sighed, tears rolling down his cheeks. He prayed to the moon goddess to just end his life there and then. Death seemed better than all these he was facing.

He stepped on the goal and screamed in pain. He braced himself for the upcoming pain as he walked on the coals with tears in his eyes. Whenever he tried to jump out, the guards would whip him. Elora made him repeat it until she was satisfied.

When she was done, she pushed him to the ground. Her gaze went to his feet that were already melted as a result of the burning coal. She knew the healing would definitely take long since he was already weak and couldn't shift into his wolf.

She bent to his level, her eyes boring into his. "Now, do you know how the people you've taken things away from feel? The people you killed and tortured when they were no longer needed, the children you left motherless and fatherless due to your selfish ambitions, all the evil things you did for your own gain and how much of a stupid fucked up idiot you are! Do you know the pain they went through?" She snarled and he flinched.

He stared at her, tears rolling down his cheeks. Now the only thing he wanted was death. He was already tired of everything that was being done to him. He knew he had done bad, and there was no way he would beg Elora for mercy and she would listen. He was even ashamed to beg the moon goddess for help because he knew what he had done. He knew the chaos he had brought on the pack and knew he was suffering the repercussions.

He already knew beforehand that a day of reckoning would come, but he never expected it to be this soon. He was pained about everything. All he wanted right now was death, but Elora wasn't ready to do that yet.

Elora stood to her feet and raised him up with her hands. With her fists balled, Dexter groaned in agony as he could hear and feel the bones in his body breaking one by one, joint by joint, angle by angle. He felt like he was being grounded by a truck with huge tires.

"Ah!" He exclaimed.

The people murmured as they heard the sound of bones breaking. When Elora was done breaking it, she watched him writhe in pain. She waited for him to heal. When he had healed, she repeated the same thing and broke his bones again.

"Please, kill me, Elora just kill me! I can't take this anymore!" He kept screaming, but she paid zero attention to him and focused on breaking his bones. She kept repeating the same process until he ran out of the remaining energy he had left and couldn't heal anymore. He laid on the floor like paper, blood dripping from the corner of his mouth.

He couldn't move, couldn't talk or do anything, and just laid there. Elora stared at him, her fists balled. Damon intertwined their fingers as they watched Dexter battling with his life. Dexter knew that he had failed this time around. He could feel life slipping out of him. This time around, he knew he couldn't fight death, he didn't even want to fight. He was helpless and hopeless. It was the end for him, and he accepted that.

After a few moments, they realized that he was no longer moving. The guards rushed to him and flipped him over. His eyes were shut tight, the blood still oozing out of his mouth. They felt his pulse, nothing. He had stopped breathing too.

The guard looked at Elora. "He is dead, my Luna." He announced, and the people began to rejoice.

Elora's tears fell, and she buried her face in Damon's chest to cry it all out.

"What should we do with the body?" The guards asked.

She wiped her face and turned to them. "Hang it on a tree for the vultures to feed on." She ordered, and they nodded, rushing out of the premises to do as she said.

She turned to Damon. "It's all over." Her tears fell again as she held him.

Damon patted her back. "You did well. I'm proud of you and how you evolved. I just feel bad that I didn't help the way I should. I let you do everything, and it hurts like hell."

Elora held his hand. "Don't talk like that, Damon. You've been of great help to me. You stood by me even though I treated you like shit. You supported me when I didn't believe in myself. You taught me how to fight, Damon. You did the most. I wouldn't have done this without you by my side. So please, don't ever say that. You have no idea what you've done and how grateful I am to have you. I love you." She hugged him.

"I love you more." He wrapped his hand around her and the people cheered.

Elora released a breath of relief into his chest. She finally got her revenge.

It was all over now.