Chapter 109

**Author's POV**

Martha walked into Dexter's throne room and bowed her head slightly. He gestured for her to come close, and she did.

“Any news?” He inquired and she nodded. “Spill it.”

Martha bowed again. “I spoke to Zena and Luca like you asked, and surprisingly, they want to be on our side. They are after Elora as well.” She explained and Dexter smiled.

“That's wonderful. It's good that they are close to her. Since you aren't close to Elora, it would be difficult to really hurt her from within, but that's going to be easy now with Luca and Zena by our side.”

“Yes, but that's not all,” She said, and he looked at her, his brows furrowed a bit. “It turns out that Luca and Zena are Lucien and Zora.” She revealed, and Dexter's eyes widened.

“Huh? What did you just say?” He asked.

“Luca and Zena are Lucien and Zora.” She repeated, and he couldn't believe what he just heard.

“How did that happen?” He asked, but Martha shook her head. She has no idea either. Dexter massaged his temple. No one needed to tell him that Lucien and Zora were close to Elora. Zora was Elora's best friend, while Lucien was her lover. He even proposed to her, so how did they become enemies so suddenly?

“Wow! If her best friend can be this evil to her, then she must have been so power hungry that she lost them,” He chuckled. “This is the best news I've had in years. I can't believe she lost everyone close to her. Elder Blake betrayed her, the elders are dead and gone, I have turned my back on her and now, her friends are plotting against her,” He laughed hysterically. “So sad,” He laughed again.

He crossed his legs and ruffled his hair. He just realized that in this way, Damon was the only person Elora had and could really trust. With only Damon by her side, there is no way she would be able to stand against him. She won't be able to defeat him, having only Damon as her soldier. He had plenty of Minions, and they were ready to do his bidding. Just the thought of it alone made him rejoice greatly. He could smell his victory, and damn it was close.

He looked up at Martha, who had been watching him. “Keep watching Zora and Lucien. Report everything they're doing to me and leave no details out. Also, inform me when the antidote wears off. We will attack when she's weak. That way, she would not be able to stand against us. Also, it would destabilize Damon, and give us an upper hand against them.” He ordered and she nodded.

“Beta Dexter,” A man called, and Martha moved aside for him to have access to Dexter.

Dexter looked at the man. “Any news about the letters sent to the neighboring packs? Their replies are long overdue.” He requested.

The man sighed and bowed, not knowing where to start from. “They haven't sent their replies yet.”

Dexter sighed. “This is strange. They're supposed to have sent it by now. What's stopping them? I know the power of the seal. It should have compelled them to send us replies, even if they don't want to.”

“That's why I'm here, Sire. I wanted to tell you something about the seal.”

“Go ahead.”

“The seal is fake.” He revealed, and Dexter gasped.

“What! What do you mean by "the seal is fake?” He asked.

The man brought the seal out and a piece of paper. “I didn't notice this earlier, but I found out today. The real seal has Red ink, but this one has pink ink,” He stamped the paper and Dexter Blake's eyes widened. “Also, most of the Details weren't gotten. It looks almost like the real one, but it's a fake. Elder Blake gave you a fake seal.”

Dexter stood from his seat in anger. “That old fool! How dare that old fool trick me? How dare he?” He growled and threw a fireball at the wall, making a hole in it.

He couldn't believe Elder Blake made a fool out of him. He would have killed his daughter! He regretted sparing the girl's life. He couldn't contain his anger and growled angrily, snapping his head in Martha's direction. He wasn't going to spare Elder Blake. He was going to make sure he killed the old fool and his daughter as well.

“Guards!” He called and they rushed to him. “I want you to go to Elder Blake's house. Make sure you kill his daughter and bring her head to me.” He ordered.

“Yes, sire!” They exclaimed and rushed out.

After they left, he gestured for Martha to come close. She walked to where he stood. “You will be serving Elder Blake in the dungeon, right?” He asked.

“No, Sire. I'm part of Elora's maids. My duty stops in her bedroom. I am not allowed to serve prisoners food like the rest of the maids.”

“I refuse to hear that excuse. Find a way to exclude yourself from her maids. Make sure you serve Elder Blake food with poison in it. He has to die today, Martha! He had to pay for playing smart with me.” He ordered.

Martha sighed. How on earth was she going to be able to get to the dungeon? If anything happens to him, they would find out she wasn't even like the other maids, and she will get punished, words, and killed.

“I doubt that's going to be possible. Every maid has their—”

Her words got stuck in her throat as Dexter grabbed her neck, lifting her off the floor. Her eyes widened, and his hands tightened around her neck.

“I am not used to being disobeyed, Martha. I gave you an order, it's mandatory that you carry it out exactly the way I dished it. Are you getting tired of working for me?” He asked, and she shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes.

He released her, making her fall to the floor with a thud. She held her neck and coughed.

“Will you do as I say?” He asked and she nodded. “Good. Now get out!” He ordered.

She stood to her feet and scurried out, while he cursed angrily.