Chapter 15

THE NEXT DAY
**Elora's POV**

“Come on, Elora. It's just a nice time out where we can have a drink.” Zora shook my hand as she spoke.

Since she came this morning, she had been babbling on and on about a time-out with her. I had declined, but she is persistent and won't let me be.

“Zora, I already told you that I'm going to be very busy on that day. You can't expect me to leave my position as the Luna of this pack and go out to have fun.” I facepalmed.

“How about tonight? Please. Ever since you became the Luna, we haven't spent much time together. We don't hang out like we used to anymore, and it's driving me insane, Elora. I miss you so much; I miss the good times we used to share, our childish plays and everything.” She lamented and I sighed.

Wow! She really was a good actress. Goodness knows the kind of plan she had in mind before inviting me over for a drink like this. Well, I'll get to find out then.

I turned to face her and smiled. “Alright, I've heard you. We'll have the drink tomorrow night because I have something to do tonight,” I said, and she wanted to hug me, but I blocked it. “Sorry, I just took my bath.” I smiled at her and walked away.

I looked over my shoulder and saw how she sniffed herself before turning back to look at me. I chuckled as we made our way to the throne room. The elders had sent a message that they'd brought the man who was supposed to act as the beta for me to see.

When I got there, they all stood up to greet me and I went to sit down. I held my scepter firmly and scrutinized them with my gaze. I looked at the man in front of me, who had his head bowed.

“Look at me,” I ordered, and he looked up.

He was quite good-looking and average in height. He had dark brown hair and blue eyes with well tanned skin; a bit muscular with a tattoo on his neck.

After checking him out, I looked at the elders, who were smiling warmly at me.

“What is your name?” I asked.

“My name is Hunter Shawn, your highness.” He bowed.

I studied his body language for a while and smiled. These elders really think they are sensible. Do they really think I'd accept someone they gave me? Should I accept someone from corrupt people?

“So, you want to become my beta,” I stated, but it was more like a question.

“Yes, Luna.” He answered and I smiled.

“Have you had any experience in this field before?” I asked. He looked at the elders, and they nodded at him.

“Yes. We come from the lineage of betas. My father was a beta, my mom too and brother. So, I am walking towards the path to becoming one.” He answered with a smile.

“Nice story,” I commended, and he smiled.

“Thanks, Luna.”

“Without these elders interfering, I would like you to have a walk around the palace with me. I'd like to get acquainted with it before I announce you to the pack as my beta. Is that okay?” I asked and he nodded immediately.

The elders exchanged looks with themselves and smiled.

I scoffed inwardly as I watched their shameless display. I couldn't wait to get rid of them, their sight alone annoys me to the core.

I stood up and walked to the door after winking at Elder Blake, who smiled in return.

“Let's go, Hunter.” I smiled at him and he followed me.