Chapter 12

**Elora's POV**

Immediately those words left my mouth, he fell flat on his face and grabbed my legs.

“If you don't want to be buried alive, get your stinking hands off me right now!” I ordered, and he quickly let go of my legs.

“Please, Luna, you can do anything to me but don't dismiss me, please.” He pleaded with his hands clasped together.

I scoffed. He was so shameless. Why wouldn't he plead to keep his job, when obviously the money he gets from here would take him and his family for years? Did he expect to get money while sitting down and doing nothing than to fuck bitches?

My eyes darted to the lady on her knees. “What position do you hold in this company?” I asked.

She said nothing and just kept pleading with her hands together. “Are you deaf or dumb?” I asked and she shook her head. “I won't repeat myself. Answer the damn question!” I snapped and she flinched.

“I'm part of the account and treasury department. I'm a worker there,” She said.

I looked at the man before averting my gaze to her. No one needed to explain what this meant to me, but I wanted it to come out of their mouths instead.

“You're a young girl, and you were so senseless to give yourself to someone like this?” I pointed to the manager, who if I'm not mistaken was older than her at a far range. He was old enough to be her uncle, if not her father, and she let him touch her.

I took a seat and crossed my legs as I watched them. “Now tell me, girl. Why did you agree to do this?” I asked.

She hesitated for a while, but when she saw the glare I was giving her, she cleared her throat and started to speak.

“I got into the account and Treasury department a week ago. Since I joined them, the manager here has been pestering me to spend a night with him, but I always turned him down. Yesterday, he came to me with an offer that if I allowed him to touch me, he would show me how to get a lot of money from my department. He said he would introduce me to some benefits of working in this company if I give myself to him.” She explained.

“And you foolishly obliged because of greed,” I stood up. “I have a lot to do today, and so I am not going to waste my time on the two of you. I'll make sure you get treated like the criminals you are. Guards!” I called the guards, who were standing at the door. They rushed in and bowed.

“Take these two to the torture ground. I want them whipped 100 times. After that, lock them up and do not release them until a few months have passed.” I ordered.

“No, please. You can't do this! I have siblings to look after.” The girl pleaded. I scoffed at her words. After everything she did, she still had the guts to tell me she had siblings? I pity those siblings of hers because they do not know who they have as a sister.

“You should have thought of that before showing me how cheap you are.” I said and walked out of the office.

I made sure to pay a visit to most of the places in my father's company that I found suspicious, and dismissed a lot of them. I couldn't comprehend how my father hired bad eggs to be his workers; people who were ready to see his downfall.

After that, I ordered for posters to be made, to bring new people that would fill up the space left behind by the ones I dismissed, and I was going to personally interview them.

“Luna, you fired numerous people. How are you going to do this without getting tired?” One of the guards asked, and that was when I knew that I needed a beta.

I sighed and ruffled my hair. “I'll think of something. Let's get out of here,” I said, and the driver took off.

When we got to the palace, I quickly got down and headed for the throne room. The elders were already there waiting for me.

I opened the door and entered. The first thing I saw were pairs of angry faces. I ignored them and went to take a seat on my throne.

“Luna, we heard you dismissed almost everyone in the company. What have you done?” Elder Moon asked.

I looked at him questionably. “What have I done? You just told me what I've done.” I answered lazily.

“You're not understanding his question. How can you fire almost everybody in one day? Do you want the company to go bankrupt?” Elder Matt asked.

“The company was already on the road to bankruptcy. Do you think I made that decision without a back-up plan?” I asked them and they kept quiet.

Of course, they were annoyed because after I did my research, some workers in the company stole money and sent it to most of these elders. I know every one of them, and the reason they're still carrying this title is because I haven't found what I'm looking for in them yet.

“Daughter, you might not be able to hire people alone. Why don't you choose someone as your beta?” Elder Blake asked.

The elders exchanged looks and I could see how they communicated with their eyes.

“Yes, I thought about that, but the problem is I don't trust anyone right now except…" I trailed off as my thoughts drifted off to Damon. What if I chose him as my beta?

“Because you feel something for him?” My wolf came again and I rolled my eyes.

“Don't you dare start now,” I snapped at her and cut off the mind link before facing the elders.

“Luna, we have someone in mind. He will be the best candidate for the beta position.” Elder Moon said.

“Oh really?” I asked, looking at the bunch of corrupt men my father used as elders.

“Yes.” They nodded their heads.

Elder Blake looked at me and our eyes met. I knew what was going on in his mind and mind linked him not to worry that I had this in the bag.

The mistakes I made in the past would not be repeated. I won't let them trick and use me for their own selfish gains anymore. I will make sure they get what they deserve and it will be a hot one.

I looked at them, scrutinizing them with my gaze.

“Bring him to the palace tomorrow night, I want to see him.” I said.

They exchanged looks. They weren't expecting me to give in to their demands that fast. They should celebrate now because they might shed tears later. I have a surprise for them, and it's going to be a surprise indeed.