Chapter 11

THE NEXT DAY…

**Elora's POV**

I was awoken by a knock on my room door. Standing to my feet, I stretched my body as I headed to the door. I opened it and the first thing I saw was a basket of Flowers and candies.

I stepped out and looked around, wondering who had brought these for me, but the hall was empty.

“Where are the maids?” I muttered to myself and picked up the basket, then entered and shut the door behind me.

I sat down on the bed and looked at the gift. Looking closely, there was a note in it that read, “It's for you.”

Looking through it quickly, I spotted two pieces of paper. One of them was a receipt from one of our local merchants selling fruit and flowers. The other was a small slip with a name written on it.

My heart started racing, and my face grew red at the sight of the name.

Damon.

I didn't understand why just seeing the name sent tingles all over my body. There was another paper inside, and I quickly picked it up, eager to see what was inside. When I unfolded it and beheld its contents, a smile graced my lips.

It read,

“Elora Whitlock, I'm so proud of the kind of person you've become. I'm happy that you finally took over what is yours and I promise to always be by your side, to support you, guide you and caution you. Congratulations on becoming the Luna of White Tide Pack. Just know that I love you from the deepest part of my heart, mate.”

I didn't know I was blushing until I was done reading the note. The way he wrote it was so heart melting and I felt happy that I had someone, apart from Elder Blake, who supported me and looks out for me.

I turned and looked into the bedside mirror. Why was I smiling so much? It was just a note. Anyone can send it, right?

“Anyone can, but the feeling that comes with his is entirely different.” Ava, my wolf said.

“That's not true.” I countered.

“But you were grinning from ear to ear.” I could feel her smirking.

“Shut up!” I snapped, but she only purred.

“He's cute and dreamy. I don't see why you're playing hard to get. You should be happy he is nothing like that bastard!” She growled.

“Do not forget that Lucien came the same way Damon is coming.” I argued.

“But the only difference between the two of them is that Damon is your mate, while Lucien is a scumbag.” She replied.

I sighed. “I don't trust him yet.”

“I do,” She replied.

“Come on, you have to support me on this, Ava. You're my wolf, for crying out loud!” I snapped, but she chuckled.

“I can't choose you over that hot dude. How do you think he's going to be in bed?” She asked, and I almost choked on my saliva.

Goodness! I had a flirty wolf.

“Ava, I'm cutting the mind link. You've gone too far,” I threatened, but I could feel her rolling her eyes.

“Pfft! As if you don't want him too.” She cut off the link after saying that, and I facepalmed.

Well, I've learned a lesson today; keep my wolf at bay whenever I'm with Damon. She might try something risky.

I dropped the gift basket on the bed and slid out of my night wear before heading to the bathroom. The maids had already prepared my bath, and I smiled in satisfaction.

After my bath, I returned to the room and saw the maids lined up to get me dressed. They bowed the moment they caught sight of me, and I gave them a nod.

They took me into the walk in closet, where clothes were stacked neatly on hangers, and placed me onto a dresser that held various dresses. The maids then proceeded to brush out my wet hair and apply a lotion into my skin.

Afterward, they helped me put on the dress and pinned the bodice. When they finished doing that, the maids bowed again before retreating to their posts.

As soon as the doors shut behind them, I took a deep breath and turned to the mirror where I saw a mirror image of the girl who was standing in front of me; ME.

A lot had changed since my rebirth, and some things stayed the same. My appearance hadn't altered at all except for my hair length and the glasses I took off. It was all for the best anyway, and I couldn't wait to pay them back.

Today, I would be paying a visit to my father's company. Those sly and selfish managers and secretaries he hired needs someone to set them straight. They've done enough damage by defrauding my father of his hard-earned money, giving him fake financial reports and not remitting money as they should.

Their salaries were fair and enough to last each person for 3 months, meanwhile they're being paid monthly but their greed and selfishness makes them resort to magnanimous ways to steal my father's money. Today, they're all getting fired. Every one of them.

Taking one last look at myself in the mirror, I wore my heels, took my purse and stepped out of the room. The maids followed me instantly, and two guards did the same to serve as escorts.

We got out of the palace and headed for the car when I heard my name. I recognized that voice anywhere.

“How may I help you?” I asked as I turned to face him.

“Are you going somewhere?” He asked.

“Is that the answer to my question?” I snapped.

“I'm sorry. I wanted us to talk.” He licked his bottom lip and I rolled my eyes.

“As you can see, I don't have the time.” With that said, I didn't wait for him to talk and got into the car.

“But…"

“Move.” I ordered, and the chauffeur drove off.

I scoffed and fixed my eyes on the road. His sight alone was enough to spoil my day. My phone started ringing, and I checked the Caller ID to see that it was Damon calling. I wanted to answer it, but Ava's words rang in my eyes.

“As if you don't want him, too.”

I sighed and dropped the phone.

When we got to the company, I headed to the manager's office first. I pushed open the door and what I saw made me bang the door in anger.

The lady he was banging pushed him off her in shock, and I clapped my hands.

“Wow, Mr. Rick. Bravo!” I chuckled and glared at the lady who was trembling in fear.

He quickly put on his pants and walked up to me.

“Its not what you-”

I shut him up with a slap. “You still have the guts to speak? How shameless!” I exclaimed and he went on his knees.

I knew he was a very irresponsible and incompetent man, but I had no idea, he was also a stupid ass. Was this how things have been even before my parents' death?

I turned to the girl, and she went on her knees too.

“My father trusted you by putting you in charge of this company as the Manager, and you turned his company to a motel. What kind of person are you?” I asked.

“I'm sorry.” He pleaded, but I scoffed.

I won't spare them, not a single one of them.

“I won't waste my time on you here because I have a lot to do, so let's get this over with,” I smirked and glanced at them.

“You're dismissed!”