Chapter 26

**Zora's POV**

“She said she'd think about it!” Lucien screamed the moment he entered my room.

“I can see that you've forgotten how to knock.” I snapped and he scoffed.

“Seriously, what do you have that I haven't seen before?” He smirked and I glared at him.

“You pervert!” I snapped, making him chuckle. “So, what were you talking about?” I asked.

“How about a quickie before I tell you?” He moved close to me and I poked his forehead.

“I'm not in the mood, Lucien. Now, tell me what you were talking about!” I ordered.

He pouted and sat up. “Well, I met Elora today. Although I met Damon first.” Immediately he mentioned Damon's name, I frowned. That jerk that won't leave her alone. I just hope he doesn't follow us to the outing tonight, else I might be forced to poison him as well.

“What happened with Damon?” I asked.

“Nothing much. I only warned him to stay away from Elora, but he seems to be proving stubborn.” Lucien sighed.

“We'll take care of him later. So, what did you discuss with Elora?” I asked, since that was the main issue on ground now.

“I spoke to her about my feelings, but she rejected me. Guess what I did?” He chuckled.

“What did you do?” I asked curiously.

“I went on my knees and begged her. I made sure to look pathetic and acted like I was about to cry.” He narrated and I burst out laughing.

“What did she do then?” I asked.

“She told me I was embarrassing her, then asked me to stand up. I refused, and she said she'd think about it.” He smiled proudly.

“Perfect!” I exclaimed the moment he was done. This is wonderful news. Continue with the act. We've got this! Elora has a soft heart. Don't mind the brave front she has on. Go for the heart. Also, I might have some tips on what she likes,“ I smirked.

“Tell me!” He moved closer.

“Alright. Before she started this madness of hers, there's this purple teddy bear with a red heart she had always wanted. She told me she would work for the money and get it for herself. She was really obsessed with getting it, and I'm sure her heart will melt if you get it for her.” I explained and he smiled.

“That's wonderful. Where can we get it?” He asked, standing up immediately.

“Wait, do you want to give her right away?” I asked and he nodded.

“Or, would it be okay if I give her tonight?” He asked.

“Oh yes, tonight. That'd even touch her more and make her lower her guard. Wow, I had no idea you were this sensible.” I stood up and hit his shoulder.

He frowned. “Seriously? You've always thought I'm not sensible?” He asked.

“Yes, because you haven't contributed anything to this plan so far. I asked you to win her heart, and it's taking you forever. If it was Damon, I'm sure she would be in his arms by now.” I folded my hands.

“Don't get too ahead of yourself. She hates Damon as much as she hates me.” He facepalmed.

“That's because Damon isn't trying enough. He knows that she is his mate, and wouldn't need to stress himself too much to get her. Nobody can escape the mate bond, except someone who is wolfless, and Elora isn't wolfless. She might be a low rank wolf, but trust me, the blood of her parents runs through her veins.” I said as I looked for my sneakers.