Chapter 84

**Damon's POV**

After Elora fainted, I panicked and quickly caught her before she hit the floor. I stared at the writing in blood, and no one needed to tell who the heck had done that.

Dexter!

I knew the moment we stepped in and saw the dead elders that Dexter was responsible. He had killed them to cover up for his crimes, and so they wouldn't expose what he had done.

“Clean the place up,” I ordered the guards and left with Elora.

When I got to the palace, I rushed her to the room and placed her on the bed. Zena and Luca rushed in immediately with worried looks on their faces.

“Oh my goodness! What happened to her?” Zena asked and I sighed.

“She passed out.” I answered.

“What are you doing standing there, let's look for a way to revive her,” Zena panicked and started searching around. “Hey, Luca, go get water, anything and call the pack doctor!” She dashed out orders and I became shocked because I thought they were bad people and seeing her panic this much, even more than me, started making me think otherwise, nevertheless, I rushed into the bathroom and got water.

While I was there, I mind linked the pack doctor to come quickly.

“Here,” I gave the water to Zena and she splashed it on Elora's face, but nothing was happening. “Elora,” I called.

“What the heck happened to have made her faint? She's a strong lady,” Zena sounded frustrated as she continued to sprinkle the water on Elora's face.

Suddenly, Elora coughed and her eyes opened. Before I could rush to her, Zena hugged her.

“Thank the goddess you're awake! Gosh, I was so worried I almost had a heart attack,” She said, and I saw Elora smile at her.

“How're you?” Elora asked her.

“I should be the one asking you that. You were the one who fainted. How're you feeling now?” Zesn asked.

I walked to where they were.

“I'm fine now. I just panicked and couldn't keep my legs on the floor anymore.” She placed her hand on her head.

“Whatever made you panic shouldn't come close to you ever again!” Luca said and Elora chuckled.

“Elora.” I called, and she turned to me with a smile. I mind linked the doctor, telling her everything was fine and that she shouldn't come again.

“Zena and Luca, can we talk later? I need to discuss something with Damon. I'll meet you guys later, okay?” She said to them.

They looked at her with worried expressions on their faces.

“Are you sure you'd be fine?” Zena asked with a pout.

“Yes. Damon is here with me, so don't be worried.” She smiled at them.

Zena sighed and nodded, then turned to face me. “Make sure you take care of her because I have no idea why you'd be with her and allow her to faint? What's your problem?” She asked.

“You do realize it's the beta and the mate of your Luna you're talking to, right?” I asked and she folded her hands.

“Yes, so what? You're her mate and should be able to protect her. I don't want to ever hear that something happened to her on your watch ever again!” She snapped at me.

I stared at her in shock, and Elora chuckled. “I think I should be the most worried one here and not you, Zena. She's my mate, not yours, so please respect that.” I glared at her.

“Stop being jealous. She's a lady that won't take me away from you.” Elora laughed.

“I know, but this is a red sign! How can she act like you're her mate?” I frowned.

Zena just scoffed and left with a chuckle.

I looked at Elora, and she laughed too, shaking her head. When Zena was fully gone, I noticed that the smile on Elora's face faded, replaced with an anxious expression. That was when I knew that she was only acting that way to make Zena less worried.

“Are you okay?” I asked her and she shook her head.

“I feel weak. I don't know if it's because of seeing too much blood or something else.” She replied.

“Should I mind link the doctor to get here?” I rushed and sat beside her, but she shook her head.

“This isn't what to call the doctor for. The truth is…” She trailed off and looked at me. “I'm scared, Damon.” She said, and my eyes widened.

I've never heard Elora say something like this before. I was literally thrown off balance but I didn't want to show my shock, so she'd be free with me.

“I understand what you saw there must have shaken you a bit, but the Elora I know isn't one to easily get scared. You do not have to worry about Dexter's plot. I'll protect you, okay?” I assured her, but she shook her head.

“Didn't you hear what Elder Brent said? He said Dexter had a very dangerous plan coming up. I'm not worried about myself, but the pack. I don't want something that'd come and then everyone's life would be at stake.” She complained.

“Elora,” I called and held her hands. “You're the Luna of this prestigious pack, and I'd be lying to you if I tell you wars are evitable in a setting as ours. It's something that's inevitable and can come at any time. That's why we need to always be prepared. I understand your point, and we have to make sure that even if it comes, we'll be able to protect the people.” I explained to her.

She moved close to me and rested her head on my shoulder. “If that's the case, then I'm ready to become stronger. I'm ready to fight for what is mine, and I won't let Dexter succeed.”

“Now you're talking. And I'll be right beside you every step of the way. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, not even a scratch.” I patted her head and she hummed.

I might have told her, but it's a promise.

I'll protect her with my life.