Chapter 124

124

**Author's POV**

As they all got ready to go to Drake's hideout, Damon couldn't conceal his expression as he was so worried about Elora.

"I think you shouldn't go please," Damon said to Elora but she wasn't going to have it.

"I need to, Look here Damon, I'm the Alpha Luna of this pack, which means that everybody in this pack are looking up to me," Elora explained and sighed deeply.

"I can't possible relax at the mansion and put the people's lives at risk," Elora explained to him, but Damon was still hellbent on her resting home.

"Damon, if I stay back home, I'll not be at peace. I need to be present because there must be something that I can do to help," Elora explained and he nodded.

Her mind was made up, and she wasn't going to listen to him, so he decided she have her way.

"I'm just worried about you, especially now that he has dark magic and you're recovering from the poison which you took," Damon sighed, but Elora walked up to him and patted him fondly on his shoulders.

"I'll be fine, let's just look for ways to defeat them. Besides, this was what I signed up for when I became the Alpha Luna," She explained and he smiled lightly.

"Come," She beckoned him to come closer, and then she whispered, "I also have a plan," She continued.

Damon creased his brows in confusion and stared at her confusingly.

"A plan?"

She nodded and flashed him a smile, "Since Drake has come up with the idea of using his dark powers just to win the war, then I'm going to have to use the help of our pack priestess,"

"Let's see who will win, if it would be evil or good," She said smiling,  "Let's do this,"

Elora suddenly looked outside and saw that the sun was setting, and she quickly faced Damon. "Let's do this," She said, and with that she walked out, followed by Damon who walked closely behind her.

She suddenly went out to see the crowd of people that came out to see her because they were clouded with fear.

"Don't worry, I promise to return with goodnews," She said and flashed them all a reassuring smile that managed to soothe most of their heart.

She knew she wasn't as brave as she looked, because she was still scared of the unknown, but then, she finally decided to be strong for her people and for Damon.

"So do not panic at all, I would do everything within my power to keep you all safe and also come back victoriously," She said and they cheered, happy with the words of reassurance she had said to them.

"Thank you so much!" They cheered excitedly as they hailed her.

She simply smiled and ordered her soldiers to get ready, and the moment she diverted her gaze back to the crowd, she sighted Elder Blake and his daughter.

They walked hand in hand in the midst of the crowd and flashed Elora a beautiful smile. Elora's eyes widened when she saw them, and she rushed towards them with a smile.

"I missed you," Elora gushed, as she went to hug elder Blake so tight, "We'll try our best to become victorious," she said, and he nodded.

"Be careful," he said, and she nodded smilingly.

That was it!

She hung her sword, and marched to Drake's hideout with Damon by her side and the soldiers who made sure to make it quiet.

They made sure to tie Martha so she wouldn't try to escape, so they pulled her roughly as she led them to where Drake was.

A sly smile appeared on Elora's lips because she felt it was time. Everything has to be over.

Something needed to be done, and she was happy she was doing the right thing.

It was time for Drake's existence to come to an end, and that was why she was ready to take him down, no matter the time.

It was a long walk, but finally they got to his hideout and Elora ordered them all to lie low.

She warned that no matter what happens, that none of them are to come inside except Damon and some soldiers she took with her, and with that she pushed Martha in.

Martha was released as she walked inside with a heavy heart. If anyone saw her, they'd suspect that she was feeling sorry for an action that she must have committed.

Just as she walked in, she met Drake getting dressed and his look when he saw her depicted that of shock.

"Martha, you??!" He couldn't believe his eyes as he stared at her.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, and then continued, "Aren't you supposed to be in the palace, watching them?" He questioned confusingly and Martha lost it.

Tears rolled down her cheek as she stared at him, she was feeling not less than a betrayer but what else could she do.

She sighed deeply, as she cleaned her eyes but the tears wouldn't stop pouring from her eyes.

"I'm sorry," She muttered, and with that—the door swung open and Elora walked in first with a wry smile on her face.

Damon came in after her with a harsh look that managed to keep anyone on their toes on not to piss him off.

While the few soldiers they took with them walked in and stood in a straight line.

Drake's eyes widened when he sighted Elora, "You?" He screamed mentally, but tried a lot to act normal.

"Long time no see, Elora," Drake laughed, staring at Elora unbelievably.

"As you hoped not to see me ever again," Elora chuckled, glaring at him hardly.

"What do you mean?" Drake asked, faking ignorance.

"I mean that none of us have all the time in the world, so it's best if you stop faking ignorant after all you've done, at least you need an accolade," She flashed him a dry smile.

"But enough is enough, today is the day and we have to end it all, today!"