Chapter 69

“I still don't think it's a good idea for you to get involved in things like war and stuff.” He argued.

“Damon, I am their Luna. It is my duty to protect everyone. It's my duty to make sure the pack and everyone in it is safe.” She sighed.

“I know and that's why you have me as a beta. That's why I'm by your side; to fight the battles and the war for you — to protect the pack for you.” He tried to dissuade her.

“I want to be part of that too. I can't just sit and watch someone else do the work for me. I don't want to be a weak Luna who depends on her beta to get everything done,” She said, remembering what Gina had said about Damon always getting in the way. “I have to do this, Damon and you're the only one I trust that can help me.” She looked at him with pleading eyes.

Damon sighed. “I understand what you mean, Elora. It's just that…” He trailed off, sighing again. “I don't want you to get hurt. I don't want anything to happen to you, mate. If you do this, there's no doubt that you'd get exposed to danger.”

Elora smiled and held his hand. “It's a price I have to pay, Damon. It's who I am and it's what I have to do. Please, help me.”

Damon had no choice but to accept her request. “Fine, I'll teach you but on the condition that I get to stand by your side through it all.”

She chuckled. “Deal.”

*****

“She was caught?!” Dexter growled.

“Yes. It seems she was over excited and visited him in the dungeon to rub it in his face. Elora overheard them and she was caught.” Elder Brent explained.

“Damn it!” Dexter growled again. “That little imp! Why did she visit him? Another plan has gone down the drain.” He facepalmed.

“That's not all. She told them you were the one that sent her. Elora has sent guards all over the kingdom to look for you.” Elder Brent shrugged.

Dexter sighed and sat down. “She'll pay for doing that. How does she expect me to make her my Luna when she's a loose mouth? We have to get rid of her.”

Elder Brent gasped. “But why? I don't see any need to get rid of her anymore.”

“Are you daft? Can't you reason things? Before you know it, Elora will force her to lure me. Do you think I was trying to take Damon out for nothing? He's a brat and it's only a matter of time before he tells Elora to hatch another plan. Before that daughter of a bitch is used against us, she has to die.”

“How are we going to do that? It's not like there's any way one can go into the dungeon.” Elder Brent asked.

Dexter laughed hysterically. “I have my ways. Infact, I already have a plan. If risks aren't taken, one won't get his or her required results.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Do you think I trust you enough to tell you?” He scoffed. “You're a chicken and can turn against me any time,” He placed a sword on Elder Brent's throat.

“No, please I will never betray you. I'm ready to serve you for life. Please don't kill me.” Elder Brent went on his knees.

“Kill you?” He chuckled. “I'm not going to kill you… yet. You're still useful to me.”

Elder Brent sighed in relief. “What about the other elders? They're still locked up there.”

“I have no business with them anymore. They can rot in there for all I care.” Dexter smirked.

“But —”

“Shush!” He interrupted. “I need a horse.” He requested.

Elder Brent was confused. “A horse?”

The Betrayed Luna's Revenge On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara