Chapter 36

**Elora's POV**

I awoke the next morning, feeling energetic. I opened my eyes and gasped when I saw Damon sleeping beside me. How the hell did he get into my room?

After our arrival in the palace last night, he asked to sleep in the same room with me, and knowing what happened the last time, I didn't want to give in to such and insisted he sleep in the guest room beside mine.

We argued for a long time and he accepted anyway but told me I would be surprised when I woke up. Was this the surprise he was referring to? How did he even get past the guards and maids?

I stared at him for a while. He looked more handsome while asleep. His features were relaxed, and his breathing was steady. I couldn't help but wonder what he was dreaming about. As I watched him, I realized how much I cared for him. I leaned in and softly kissed his forehead, hoping that he would feel my love even in his sleep.

Lately, my feelings for him have started to change. I found myself thinking about him more and more, and I couldn't deny the attraction I felt towards him. I tried to ignore these feelings, thinking it was just a passing phase, but they only grew stronger with time.

Suddenly, he stirred in his sleep, and I quickly pulled back, not wanting to wake him up. His eyes fluttered open, and he looked at me, still dazed from sleep. We looked at each other for a while, and his face contorted into a sly smile.

“Do you like what you see, mate?” He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows.

“What are you talking about?” I asked, feigning innocence.

“You were staring at me, weren't you, darling?” He smirked, and my face reddened instantly, but heck was I going to let him gloat over being right.

“No, I didn't,” I said, looking away instantly.

“Yes, you did.” He argued.

“No, I didn't!” I retorted. “I was looking at something else.” I lied, but he saw right through me.

“Are you certain?” He asked and I nodded.

“Yes. There was something on your hair, so I wanted to help you take it off,” I lied again.

Damon chuckled. “Take it off, then.” He demanded.

“Huh?” I was taken aback by his statement.

“You said there was something on my head, and you wanted to take it off. Go ahead.” He brought his head close.

I sighed and reached to touch his head, but he held my hand and pulled me close to him. Our faces were only inches apart, and he looked into my eyes lovingly, while I stared back in his, getting lost in those gray orbs.

He pulled a strand of my hair behind my ears and whispered, “You're so beautiful.” My heart fluttered at his words, and I could feel my cheeks turning warm. He leaned in and brushed his lips softly against mine, sending shivers down my spine.

As we kissed, I felt like I was in a dream. His arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him. I could feel his heartbeat against my chest, and it was like our hearts were beating as one.

I ran my fingers through his hair, savoring the feel of his soft locks. Our kisses grew deeper and more passionate, and I could feel the love and affection flowing between us.

Finally, we broke apart. Neither of us dared to move for fear the moment was fleeting and would be gone if we moved too fast.

Our eyes locked together, and I could see in his eyes the same emotions that were inside mine. After a few seconds, I closed the distance between our lips once again. It wasn't long before I became completely immersed in his embrace and forgot where we were or what we were doing. The world seemed to disappear from the moment we stopped kissing and became lost in each other. When we broke apart to catch our breath, I saw him smiling at me adoringly, which made my heart melt with happiness.

It's funny that I just kissed the same guy I didn't want to have anything to do with years ago. At that time, he was like dirt to me and I wanted him out of my sight, the minute I saw him. This was the same guy, making my heart flutter now.

When he left the beta ceremony, I sat down and did some thinking. I thought back to how cruel I was to him and how he never for once, paid me back, but still showed me love. The guilt ate me whole and I knew right there and then that I had to go after him.

“Elora,” He called.

“Hm?” I answered.

“I love you.” He muttered.

I didn't know what to say in return. Was it that hard to say I love him back?

“Aren't you going to say anything?” He asked.

“I…”

A knock on the door interrupted us, and I thanked the moon goddess for that.

“It seems the maids are here to get me ready,” I said and stood up.

He did the same.

“I'll have to go then. I'll be back for the morning report. Have a splendid day ahead, Luna.” He bowed, and the door opened, revealing the maids.

They smiled at us and I facepalmed.

“See you in a few minutes, Damon,” I smiled, and he walked up to me, taking my hand. “What are you doing? The maids are watching.” I whispered, but he paid zero attention to me.

He brought my hands to his lips and kissed the back of my hands. I could feel something spark within me and placed my hand on my mouth to cover my smile.

The maids giggled.

“See you,” He smiled and walked out.

I placed my hand on my chest to calm my fast, racing heart, and looked at the maids, who winked at me.

“Don't get any ideas except you want to lose your jobs,” I warned, and they nodded, but I could still see the glint in their faces. “Prepare my outfit for today, ladies. I'll be in the bathroom… alone.” I said and walked into the bathroom.

I stood in front of the sink and glanced at myself in the mirror. I saw how much I have changed and wondered if it was a good or bad one.

As I looked into the mirror, the memories of my past began to flood my head.

“Long live the Luna! Long live the Luna!”

That voice… that word Zora said to me the day they took my life.

The voice kept echoing in my head and I held my head as a throbbing headache came.

“Ah!” I screamed, but since the bathroom was soundproof, the maids didn't hear me.

Different voices kept echoing in my head.

“Revenge! Revenge! Don't forget about revenge! There is no love in revenge!”

I kept hearing the voices and placed my two hands on my ears.

Everything Elora and Lucien did to me came flashing back into my head, and it was then I discovered that I had been too lenient.

I came back for revenge, but I have been joking about it. This isn't going to happen anymore.

I must have my Revenge.

They will pay. They won't be spared.