Chapter 59

**Zora's POV**

“I heard she locked the elders in the dungeon today.” Lucien said to me while we were having breakfast.

I sighed. “Well, I think she became a Luna to deal with everybody then, including her father's cabinet members.” I commented.

“What are we going to do?” Lucien asked and I left my food to look at him. “What do you mean?” I asked.

“I know she's coming for us next. Something tells me she isn't going to stop here with us. She might lock us up in the dungeon if we don't do something.” He expressed his concern and I sighed.

“I thought of the same thing, Lucien and I came up with a plan.” I smirked and pulled him close then whispered into his ears.

His eyes widened and he beamed. “Oh my goodness, that's a good idea. But how are you going to carry it out? We are not allowed in the kitchen.” He complained.

“Do you think I would come up with a plan without finding out a way to go about it?” I glared at him. He nodded with a smile and I focused on my food. I wanted to eat to my satisfaction. We hadn't been fed for a whole day and I had felt like dying. Our fellow workers weren't helping matters either. They turned us into the black sheeps of the coal mine and used every little opportunity they had to bully us and make us feel less of ourselves.

But I was going to get out of here and I will make sure they all paid for what they were doing to me. Especially Elora. Watch out, Elora. I am coming for you! I won't spare you and won't care to kill you to achieve my aim.

When we were done eating, I went on with my plans. I and Lucien volunteered to take the worker's plates to the kitchen for the omegas that were in charge of chores to wash.

After doing that, I turned and came face to face with Rita, the maid I had used to put the aphrodisiac in Elora's food. She saw me and was about to leave.

“Where do you think you're going?” I asked and she stopped in her tracks. She slowly turned to look at me. “Long time, no see.” I smiled at her.

“Please, I don't want to have anything to do with you. I don't even want anyone to see me here talking to you . You're a slave now and—”

I cut her off with a slap. “How dare you call me a slave? What gave you the guts to look down on me like that? Oh, you think because I'm working at the coal mine, we're now at the same standard? Are you mad?” I asked and she shuddered. “Look, I won't beat around the bushes here but first of all, let me give you a clear note of warning, you will forever remain a worthless slave to me. I'm going to get out of here soon and if you anger me too much, I might be forced to cut your damn head off!” I snapped at her.

When I saw that I had gotten her scared enough, I sighed and folded my hands. I threw something into her hands. “I want you to add this to your beloved Luna's food.” I ordered and she turned to look at me.

“What? I can't do that. I haven't gotten over the guilt of the last one you sent me to do and now this?” She asked.

I chuckled and moved close to her, looking into her eyes. “Rita, I have all your secrets in the palms of my hand. Do you think you would get away with everything you do in this palace? If you don't do as I say, I would be forced to run my lips to Elora,” I threatened but she didn't look moved. “I'm sure your darling Luna would be delighted to know that you contributed to adding aphrodisiac to her food,” Her eyes widened when I said that. “It's called Betrayal and what happens to people like you? You get killed. I know the moon goddess has prepared a wonderful place for you to rest when you get killed eventually, so let me go break this wonderful news to the Luna.” I smirked and started walking away.