Chapter 58

**Author's POV**

Elora was shocked. Were they trying to get back at her because she stripped them of their titles or what? And they went to work with Dexter as well?

“How many of the elders?” She asked.

“Three of them. They said they wanted to ruin your reign as the Luna by turning the people against you. That's why they sent us to contaminate the water. We wouldn't have been able to get into the water board without help from one of the men there. Beta Dexter had promised to give him a lot of money, if he let us in, so he gave us the passcode.” He confessed and Elora facepalmed, massaging her forehead.

“Wow,” She looked at Damon.

“People no longer surprise me these days. They can go to any length to get what they want.” He said and she nodded.

Elder Brent was literally sweating in his seat. He had no idea why something like this would happen when they had made the plan thoroughly.

“What's the name of the man that gave you people the passcode?” She asked.

“Tim.” One of them answered.

“Guards!” She called and they rushed to her. “Go there and bring Tim over here. He needs to be punished for betraying his pack.” She said,

They bowed and ran out.

When they were out, Elder Brent looked at Damon. “Why did you treat us like little children? How dare you make a plan behind our backs?” He snapped at Damon.

“Is something wrong with being ahead of your enemies?” He asked and Elder Brent became quiet. He knew Damon was suspecting him, but heck was he going to blow his cover that quickly. He maintained his stance and locked eyes with Damon.

“You should have told us you didn't want to discuss the ideas with us.” He snapped.

“That was exactly what I did, and I even went ahead to say I would talk to the Luna about it then get back to you. It's my choice to either get back to you or not, so what's all the fuss about?” Damon asked with a smirk tugging on his lips.

Elder Brent balled his fists. “Blake, why have you been quiet? This boy just disrespected us and I can't believe you could sit here and watch what's going on. You are not even saying anything.” He complained.

Elder Blake sighed. “I don't think doing all this is necessary. She has found them and the water is coming back to normal, so what else do you want?” He asked.

“Are you for real?” Elder Brent scoffed and walked out angrily.

Damon looked at Elora and they chuckled. A few minutes later, Tim was brought in and made to go down on his knees in front of her.

Elora looked at him from head to toe and felt bad for the man because he looked like someone whom things weren't going really well for. Nevertheless, he had done something bad and she would have to get him punished for it.

“Why did you give them access to the waterboard?” She asked and he lowered his head in shame. “I asked a question, so answer it.” She ordered.

He went down on his face. “I'm sorry, Luna, I had no choice. Beta Dexter threatened to kill my only son if I don't do it.” He explained.

“How's that even supposed to make sense?” Elora asked, glaring at him. “The hoodlums said he promised to give you a lot of money.”

“Yes, he did but when I refused, he said he would hurt my son; my only son. I would never lie to you, Luna. I did it to save my son.”