Chapter 47

**Zora's POV**

“What!” I and Lucien exclaimed at the same time.

She tricked us! Elora fucking tricked us!

I looked up to meet her eyes, which held nothing but hate for us. Lucien had come to meet me that morning and asked that we moved immediately. He narrated how he had gotten caught and beaten by Damon, who later ordered for him to get thrown into the dungeon.

He was able to dodge the guards and escape and now, we are in a mess again. She had acted like she was fooled, and brought us here.

“What? Are you surprised that your stupid plan didn't work?” She scoffed.

I knew the only thing to do at this time was to bring ourselves low and beg for her forgiveness without giving ourselves out. I can't work in the coal mine. It's like the most horrible place of torture in the whole pack.

“We're sorry if you think we're trying to fool you, but please, don't take us to the coal mine. We never knew it would go this far,” I pleaded and slowly nudged Lucien to plead too.

“She's right. We never wanted to do this. I was just so sad that you weren't accepting my love.” He bowed his head.

“And you wanted to make me sleep with you to prove your love? Did you think that would make me accept you or what?” She snapped and we bowed our heads again.

“We're sorry.” We apologized in unison.

“I have laid down an order and it will be followed. Apart from you being one of the workers at the coal mine, you are also my slaves and will be at my beck and call. Do not try something drastic else, I won't hesitate to slay you and sever your body to the vultures.” She threatened, her voice firm, authoritative and scary.

She had really changed so much and I couldn't believe that she didn't consider the fact that we were best friends and chose to do this to me.

She turned to the guards and without waiting for her to say anything else, they grabbed us.

“Please!” We begged but our pleadings fell on deaf ears.

I looked at Damon and he smirked at me. What came into my mind instantly was to send a message to my father, asking him to come and take me away from here. He was part of the businessmen that collaborated with Elora's father and he is still a business associate with them.

With his influence, I was sure he would be able to command Elora into letting me and Lucien go. I reached into my gown secretly and got my father's number. I had already typed the message and wanted to tap the send button when Elora noticed.

“Take their phones, jewelry and whatever they have from them. You can do whatever you like with them, I don't care. All I need is the owners.” She said and I bit my lip in frustration.

I quickly tapped send before the guards took the phone from me. They took my jewelry and emptied our pockets of everything we had.

“Good. Now take them away from me!” She snapped and the guards grabbed us for the second time.

I clenched my fists and allowed the guards to take me and Lucien to the coal mine where we were going to be used as slave workers. As we got to the mine, I couldn't believe the sight before me. Diverse slaves were working in terrible conditions. The air was thick with dust and the sound of pickaxes hitting rock echoed through the tunnels. They threw us into a group and handed over pickaxes to us.

“Get to work, imps!” They ordered with their whips and we got to work immediately.

Our group of miners were digging deep into the earth, searching for precious metals and gems. It was hard work, and we were forced to work long hours in dangerous conditions, with little food or water and no breaks. The guards were cruel and abusive, often beating us for the slightest mistake or infraction.