Chapter 80

“My soul?” Beta Dexter asked, and she nodded with a mischievous smile plastered on her face.

Lucinda left him and sat down, waiting for his answer.  “You want power. I can give you power, Dexter. I can make you rise high above your enemies and trample on them all. Of course, I can do that. But nothing as strong and powerful as that comes without a Price. You have to pay the price, so you can enjoy it later.” She smiled at him.

Dexter sighed and weighed his options. She was right, though. What did he need his soul for if he was going to have unlimited power? His soul meant nothing to him as far as he would have the chance to teach Elora a very valuable lesson.

He looked at her and nodded his head. “I'll gladly sell my soul to you, but if I do that, how am I going to leave?” He asked.

Lucinda cackled. “I'm not taking your soul out of you. I'm using it for my own gain. It's not like I'm snatching it and killing you in the process.” She answered.

Dexter sighed in relief. “Alright. I'm ready to give my soul to you. Just give me unmeasurable power so no one would be able to defeat me.” He requested.

“With pleasure,” She stood up and started doing some incantations. She made him kneel and started dancing all around him. When she was done, she bent to his level and placed her hand on his chest. Her eyes were closed and as she muttered incoherent words, Dexter felt something leaving his body and all of a sudden, he felt empty. It didn't take five minutes and just like a jolt of electricity, he felt immense power course through his veins.

His eyes darkened to the extent that his eyeballs were no longer visible. He felt powerful as she muttered words into his eyes. When she was done, she stood up and looked down at him with a smile.

Dexter growled and sprung to his feet. He looked at himself as a sly smile formed on his lips. He felt… strong and powerful. He hadn't felt this way before, and his joy knew no bounds because he knew the power was there.

“Congratulations. I have given you the kind of power that'll differentiate you from people who think they're on the same level as you. Make sure you use the powers to cause mayhem and destruction.” She said, and he chuckled.

“You don't have to tell me twice.” He smirked.

“You can go now. No one can beat you.” She smiled at him.

Dexter bowed to her and stepped out of the hut. He took the horse to a lonely place in the woods and got down. He was so excited to try out his new powers that he couldn't wait to return to the park.

He stood before a huge tree and stretched out his hand. His eyes reddened and fire rushed out of his hands and burned down the tree immediately. Even he was shocked at the intensity of the heat of the fire. It was very dangerous and he loved it.

He went for another tree and in one swift movement, brought that one down as well. He also discovered he had telekinesis and the power to compel someone into doing what he wants them to do. He tried the powers on an animal first and when it worked, he was glad he made the right choice by coming here.

“Time to go home and rain down chaos.” He said to himself, laughed hysterically, and mounted the horse as he headed back to the pack.

***

Back at the pack, Elora just finished training with Damon and had freshened up. Damon told her before they departed that he knew who the murderer that killed Gina was, but he needed to be certain.

And so, he asked her to call a meeting where the elders will be in attendance, and she did because she was also eager to know who was working with Dexter to bring her down.

She stepped into the throne room with Damon that evening, and Elder Brent stood up with Elder Blake and bowed to them.

Damon signaled the guards, and they brought out a board. Elder Blake and Elder Brent exchanged glances. They had no idea what was going on.

Elora gave Damon the go-ahead to do whatever he liked, and he was more than happy to do that.

He cleared his throat and faced the elders.

“Good evening, elders. I'm sure you two remember the death of Gina?” He asked and they nodded.

Elder Brent became nervous instantly. He would give anything to get out of there immediately.

“I'm glad you all know what happened,” He sighed and looked at the hands of the elders. Elder Blake had his own ruby ring on, but Elder Brent had nothing on. That confirmed part of Damon's doubts, but he needed evidence of the mark before he'd be able to find a way. “Elder Brent, where is your ruby ring?” He asked.

Elder Brent cleared his throat. He also noticed that since his last meeting with Gina, he hadn't seen it and wondered if he had lost it. When he searched and got tired, he stopped.

“It's at home.” He answered.

Damon just shook his head and brought it out. Elder Brent gasped. “How about this? Is it yours?” He asked.

Elder Brent quickly shook his head. “It's not mine. I saw mine before coming to the palace this evening.” He smiled nervously.

“But I think it's yours,” Damon said. He was about to argue, but Damon stopped him. “This isn't our main focus. Our focus is finding out who killed Gina and this is how we're going to do it,” He said, and Elder Brent gulped. He gestured for the guards to bring the boards nearer. “So, when I checked on her, I saw that she was clawed,” He began and explained some of the things he noticed to them. “So I thought of other ways,” He gestured for the cardboard to be brought to him and the guards brought it.

“We're going to test those claws.”

Immediately Damon said that Elder Brent knew he was done for.