Chapter 63

**Zora's POV**

As I sat on the bed still thinking of what to do, the door to the ward screeched open and the doctor entered. When she saw that I was awake, she rushed to me.

“Are you feeling better? Do you feel pain anywhere?” She asked.

“No, I'm fine.” I answered even though I was still aching in my stomach. I would never look weak in front of anybody.

“Lie down, and let me do a checkup on you. I wasn't expecting you to wake up this fast.” She said and I obeyed.

After checking on me, she sighed and placed her hand on her waist.

“Is there any problem?” I asked.

“None that can't be taken care of. But you're going to have to stay here for a few days. I want to keep checking on you because from the look on your face, you're still in pain.” She chuckled and I pressed my lips into a thin line.

There was no way I would spend another hellish day in this pack. I don't care whether I'm in a good condition or not. I'm getting out of here and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

The door opened and Lucien rushed in, followed by Elora, who had a mischievous smirk plastered on her face. Lucien rushed to me and held my hand.

“Are you okay? Are you feeling pain anywhere?” He asked and I heard Elora scoff.

Elora walked up to me and flashed me that annoying smile of hers. “How's your tummy doing? Pretty good, right?” She asked, the sarcasm dripping from her voice.

All I wanted to do now was to pluck out her eyes. I was going to make sure I dealt pretty well with her.

“I'm feeling good. Were you expecting me to die?” I asked with a smirk.

“Oh no,” She chuckled. “You dying early won't be fun, Zora. I like to give my enemies slow and painful deaths and right now, you're my worst enemy and would be getting special treatment, don't you think?” She laughed.

I balled my fists, my face reddening in rage. “Elora!” I snapped.

“It's Luna Elora to you!” She fired back. “Who do you think you are calling my name like that! Have you gone mad?” She questioned and I sighed, going quiet immediately. “Discharge her.” She ordered and my eyes widened.

I looked at the doctor, whose eyes were wide in shock as well.

“What? But Luna—”

“Discharge her!” She interrupted the Doctor and I facepalmed.

“The poison affected her, Luna. And if she doesn't stay in the hospital, the symptoms might act up again and we might lose her.” The doctor complained.

Elora snickered. “Zora is not going to die without a fight, that I know,” She said and our eyes met. “Rhea, I don't need your permission to do whatever I want with someone who wants to put me in the situation she is in right now. She's coming with me and that's an order!” She snapped her fingers and the guards came to carry us.

“Elora, you can't do this. Zora isn't well. Why are you this heartless?” Lucien asked. He was already at the point of tears.

“Bring that imbecile with her too. I'd be needing his services as well.” She laughed and walked up.

The guards dragged me down from the bed and immediately my feet touched the ground, ah excruciating pain tore through my stomach. My legs gave out and I almost fell but Lucien held me in place. The guards pushed him away from me and others grabbed me while they dragged me to the palace.

Elora stopped in front of the garden and they stopped as well. She gestured for them to let go of us and sat down on a swing there, that smile still pasted on her face.

“Come over here, you two,” She said, referring to me and Lucien. We were hesitant but the guards pushed us forward. I fell and Lucien helped me up. I held my stomach in pain as we walked to where she sat. “So pathetic!” She spat. “I don't think you know why you're in the garden today, so let me tell you. Um… there are weeds growing under the flowers and I think it's killing them.” She said,

“So? How's that our business?” I asked, rolling my eyes internally.

“It is your business because you're going to remove the weeds…” She trailed off. “With your hands.” She completed it and we gasped.

“What!” I exclaimed and looked around. “Most of them are thorn bushes. It'll prick our hands and wound us.” I complained but she acted deaf.

“Get to work, please. I don't have much time and there is still a lot for you two to do today.” She said and a maid brought smoothies for her. She drank from it and ordered us to go ahead and do it.

I exchanged looks with Lucien and he facepalmed. Having no other choice than to obey, we decided to do as she asked. We'd endure because I was sure we would get out of here soon.

I tried to bend but pain shot through my body. “ah!” I screamed and fell to the floor. I turned, thinking Elora would come to where I was and at least ask what happened, but she sat there, drinking and watching me, her face void of any emotions. “She's a monster!” I muttered as tears rolled down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them. This wasn't a time to be weak.

I struggled to get up and started picking out the weeds. The thorns would prick me and I'd see blood gush out from it. I paid no attention and focused on getting the job done. When we were done, Elora took us to her already tidied room and asked us to clean it. We did as she asked and after ordering us around all day, she asked the guards to return us to the coal mine.

They took us back andi struggled to sit.

“I can't take this anymore, Zora. What are we going to do now?” He asked.

I snickered, ignoring the immense pain I was feeling. “We escape,” I said and looked around. My eyes landed on a cart of coal remnants and a smirk found its way to my lips. “And I have the perfect plan that would get us out of here.”