Chapter 120

120

Damon's Pov.

I couldn't think straight because of how scared I felt at that moment. But all that occupied my mind was how to save Elora as that was the only thing that mattered to me.

I had called the doctor, but I didn't know what was delaying her as she was supposed to be here by now.

"Gosh," I raked my head backwards in utter frustration, and was about punching the wall when a knock on the door stopped me halfway.

I quickly rushed and opened the door, and almost immediately—I heaved a sigh of relief when I sighted the doctor.

"Thank goodness you're here, please come in," I moved aside, and opened the door widely while waiting for her to walk in. 

She came in and went straight to Elora who laid on the bed without moving an inch.

"Please do everything within your power to save her, Elora must not die," I warned, glaring at the doctor.

She simply nodded, and went straight to her bag searching for whatever it was.

"Are you listening to me?" I asked through gritted teeth when I found out that the doctor was ignoring me.

"Yes," She finally answered and glanced up to look at me when she met a blood shot eyes piercing directly at her.

"If anything happens to Elora....I repeat that if anything should happen to Elora......you..you will...pay! I'll make sure of that!!" I warned through gritted teeth, as I made sure that I emphasized on the last statement.

She gulped down emptiness as she stared at me, knowing fully well that I meant every word that I just said. She simply nodded and diverted her attention to an unconscious Elora again.

An idea suddenly struck me, so I left the room immediately in search of the guards.

"Lucian and Zora won't go Scott free this time, I'll make sure of it," I thought as I walked straight to the guards who stood outside the mansion and ordered for four of them to come closer.

"Yes sir?" They bowed immediately they got to where I stood.

"I have a task for you," I said, and they looked up almost immediately, waiting for me to spill the beans.

"Yes?"

"You know Luca and Zena right?" I asked them with a very serious expression plastered on my face so they'll know how important that meant to me at the moment.

"Yes sir," They chorused and I nodded, happy that they were following.

"You also do know Lucien and Zora right?" I asked them, and I noticed they looked at themselves in confusion for a while. I could guess that they needed some clarity.

"Yes, the Lucien and Zora you all know of," I added, looking at their faces and they nodded this time around.

"I want the four of you to look for them and bring them to me," I ordered with a strict look on my face and they nodded.

"Yes sir, we'll try our best to bring the four of them here," One of the guards said and I shook my head vehemently.

"It's either you bring back Luca and Zena or Lucien and Zora," I said to them instead, because it wasn't in my power to tell them everything.

They nodded, and one of them spoke up, "We'll search the nook and cranny of the whole pack, including the forests and anywhere else we can think of just to bring them back to you,"

Satisfied with their answer, a light smile appeared on my face and I quickly dismissed them.

I was feeling so bad for Elora at this moment because I wasn't supposed to trust them with her at that moment, but because they managed to win my trust the first time made me believe that they were real—I didn't know that they were the real enemies within.

I groaned and facepalmed myself almost immediately when I remembered that I had left Elora inside with the doctor. I couldn't bring myself to trust anyone again, not even after the event that I witnessed myself.

Just as I was entering Elora's room, I saw the doctor about to inject a syringe in Elora's arm but I suddenly had the guts to stop her.

"Stop!" I ordered at the top of my lungs and she stopped halfway and froze the minute she saw me. That instant, the syringe fell from her hands and broke into pieces causing the contents to spill on the floor.

I felt that something was amiss, but the most frustrating thing was I wasn't able to lay a finger on it. I still couldn't get why the syringe would fall from her hands, and break into pieces if something suspicious wasn't going on.

I took slow strides towards where the content spilled on the floor and noticed something strange.
It was exactly the same thing that Zora and Lucien were forcing her to drink earlier on.

Engulfed with anger, I quickly faced the doctor demanding for an explanation with a cold eyes.

"What do you have to say about this?" I asked coldly, that all she could do was to gulp down nothing.

She turned and suddenly tried to run away but I was way faster than her, so I grabbed her by her neck and pinned her to the wall shooting deadly glares at her.

"What were you planning on giving her?" I asked the doctor angrily, but she just shook her head.

It infuriated me the more, and I tightened my hands on her neck waiting for an explanation. She struggled to free herself but it was just a mission impossible because I was more stronger than her.

"It's...it's the...an..anti...dote," She struggled to talk and then, I chuckled making her more confused.

"What in heaven's name does she take me for?" I wondered and released her.

She coughed seriously, holding her neck which has gone red as a result of the way I held it tightly.

"So why were you trying to run away?" I asked her, glaring at her deeply.

"I was just scared," She said, finding it difficult to look me in the eyes.

"You were scared," I repeated after her, and a light smirk appeared on my face.

"If that's the case then, and you're sure it's an antidote—why don't you inject it on yourself since it won't harm you," I said, feigning a little smile but the shock on her face couldn't be concealed.

Her eyes widened in shock, as her lips quivered with nothing important for her to say.