Chapter 22

**Elora's POV**

“Was I too hard on the man?” I asked Damon the minute we entered my room.

“You did what was right, Elora. You followed your father's rules and that is right. He deserved whatever he got, and that should also serve as an example for the rest of them.” He replied and I sighed.

I sat on the bed, and he sat beside me. When his hands were being cut off, I had to gather the courage to still have my expressionless face on. The truth was that the blood wasn't a good sight for me, and if my people could look at it, who am I to look away?

It wasn't something I have done before, and it bothered me.

“Elora,” Damon called, and I turned to face him. “Stop thinking about it and go to bed, okay? It's not your fault for passing the right judgment, and believe me when I say, nobody will blame you for it.” He held my shoulders.

“You really think so?” I asked and he nodded. “I just feel remorseful towards the man, you know. He allowed himself to get used and suffered for it.” I facepalmed.

If it were Lucien or Zora, I wouldn't have felt anything. It would have been a fun thing for me to watch.

“It's alright. You're doing well as the Luna,” He held my chin to lift it. "Go to sleep now, sweetheart.'' Damon pressed his lips onto mine.

And with that, he kissed me. My body warmed up instantly and all of those bad thoughts vanished like the wind. I could feel my walls crumbling down and feel myself leaning into his touch. His kisses were intoxicating, and right then I couldn't think straight anymore. I could hear my subconscious mind sounding me a warning, telling me I hated this man, but my body wanted something else.

While still kissing me, he gently laid me on the bed and I let him take control of our kiss. This time, he took it slow and steady, giving me every opportunity to back out. But I couldn't do it. The more I tried to stop, the stronger he pulled me in, and it was only then that I understood what I was getting myself into.

My whole self screamed at me and my body started trembling. But that only intensified when he moved his hand to the back of my head and tangled his fingers in my hair, pulling me in deeper until I was fully submerged in his arms.  And when he broke the kiss for air, he placed a trail of little kisses from my temple and to the corner of my mouth.
When he finally looked at me, his eyes glistened and there was something in his expression, a soft glow. I didn't know whether I was imagining it or what, but it made me feel safe.

For someone who claimed to hate love and lust, I didn't know why, but I found myself craving that feeling all over again.  I closed my eyes and leaned forward to capture his lips and deepen the kiss. He responded by pushing me closer to him, deepening it even more. And when my head hit the pillow, my body melted like ice, the last vestiges of my resistance leaving me, melting against the warmth that was Damon.

“Elora,” He called, and I opened my eyes to look into his. What I saw wasn't just alone but love and deep emotions.

“Yes?” I asked without moving, knowing perfectly well what he was about to say.
But he didn't speak. Instead, he reached out his hand to caress my cheek. That alone was enough for me to melt further into the mattress, my eyes closing. My body shivered under his tenderness, letting the warm sensation engulf me completely. 

His lips touched mine one more time before leaving them to wander around my face and neck, eventually returning to my lips for another heated kiss. I could feel my body heating up from the inside. My body started reacting differently than before, but unlike the first time, I welcomed it, welcoming every second of contact and enjoying every second of it. It almost seemed as though a part of me knew what was happening but chose to ignore it, instead taking full advantage of the situation.

He stopped kissing me long enough to pull away slightly.

“Elora, do you want this?” He whispered, his voice raspy.

The sound of my name falling from his lips sent chills through my spine, my heart beating faster and harder than before.

“If you don't, we could stop.” He said and I shook my head.

“Don't stop, please.”  I breathed out, making sure I sounded breathless and needy rather than demanding. He nodded slightly, and I felt his warm lips touching mine once again. I kissed him back eagerly, opening my mouth to receive him fully.

I needed him desperately, my entire body starting to tremble with desire. I needed to feel him close to me and make him realize how much I require him. As soon as we started exchanging kisses, I lost track of everything. Nothing existed except for Damon and I, wrapped up in each other's embrace as if no one else existed.

His hands started roaming around my body, and he left my neck to roam my shoulders while kissing my cheeks, slowly making his way down to my breasts, grazing them with his teeth and tongue. The pressure he was putting on me felt heavenly, and I moaned in response, grabbing handfuls of sheets and pressing myself up into his chest.

His hands went down to cup my ass and I moaned slowly. He caressed my thighs and slid his hands under my gown and up to my chest, where he pinched my nipples, making me moan again.

His lips came down mine again as he rubbed my nipple with his hands. My body was already hot with need, but he was busy playing with me.

“Damon,” I called.

“Shhh, let me do my thing. I want you to realize how much of an effect I have on you first.”