Chapter 53

**Elora's POV**

After they passed out, I gestured for the guards to pick them up and return them to the dungeon. When they had done that, I addressed the people before they dispersed.

“May I ask a question, Elle?” Damon requested and I nodded.

“Go ahead.”

“What exactly did Lucien and Zora do to you? I know they did the wrong thing by having sex when they were supposed to be working but I have a feeling there is more to this punishment they're receiving.” He inquired and I scoffed.

“I don't think I owe you any explanation, Damon.” I answered coldly and he smiled.

“I know but I'm just curious. You're acting like they've done something terrible to you in the past.” He insisted and I sighed.

“You do not know half of it. Well, I think you've overstayed your welcome. It's already late, so you can leave.” I drawled and walked away.

“That was harsh.” Ava, my wolf scolded me.

“He was poking.” I replied, trying to justify my attitude towards him.

“Because he cares about you. He wouldn't have asked if he didn't see how pained you looked while they were being punished.” She said,

“What do you mean, Ava?” I asked and she chuckled lightly.

“Even you didn't feel good when Zora and Lucien were being whipped. You just kept a straight face on, so they'd think you're enjoying the whole show.”

“You don't know that!” I snapped.

“Have you forgotten that we are one?” She chuckled. “Well, that's none of my business anyway. My business is how you spoke to our mate. You should apologize to him.” She demanded and I didn't know when I laughed.

“Are you for real, Ava? Oh, please!” I snapped and cut off the mind link.

I was about heading to my room when I saw Mr. Watson approaching me. I guessed he must have seen what happened to his daughter and is here to confront me about it. He stormed to where I stood and stopped in front of me. I gestured for the guards and maids following me to move back a little.

“How may I help you, Mr. Watson, is there anything you need?” I asked with a smile and he glared at me.

“How could you be so ruthless, Elora?” He asked. I could see tears brimming at the tip of his eyes and it brought a smile to my face.

That's more like it.

“What do you mean, Mr. Watson?” I asked and he scoffed.

“Stop acting like you do not know what I am talking about.” He snapped.

“I am a bad person and I have done a lot of bad things. It'd be good for both of us if you tell me the wrong I've done.” I said.

“Why did you whip Zora and Lucien like that? Who do you think you are?” He snapped.

“The Luna.” I answered immediately and he growled angrily.

“What changed you like this, Elora? You were never like this.” He facepalmed.

“So you prefer the stupid and ignorant Elora? I'm sorry but that Elora died a long time ago. This is the new version and this new version of Elora will not spare those that made the old version suffer. I'm sorry Mr. Watson, you can't walk all over me anymore. I am no longer the Elora who is always at your beck and call. I call the shots now.” I smiled at him.

“I don't give a damn about whether you're an old or new version. Release my daughter to me at once.” He yelled.

“I will when she has learned how to control her pussy.” I answered and he gasped.

“Elora!” He snapped.

“What! Did it shock you?” I asked with a smirk and started walking away.

“You're bringing shame to your late parents by acting this way!” He snapped and I stopped in my tracks.

I did a robotic turn and walked back to where he stood then looked him square in the eyes. “I won't tolerate you dragging my parents into your daughter's shenanigans, Mr. Watson. I'll take what you just said as a slip of tongue. Do not test my patience!” I snapped and started walking away again but I stopped and looked over my shoulder. “Oh, and about the contract termination stuff, I'm still interested. Do well to give me feedback within two days before I know what step of action to take, but let me give you a few hints, it'd be better you terminate it by yourself now because if I'm forced to do it myself…” I trailed off and smirked. “It won't be funny.” I smiled and walked away.

I heard him growl and punch the wall but paid no attention to him. When I got to my room, the maids were about to follow me in but I stopped them.

“I want to be left alone for a while,” I said and closed the door.

I slid out of the clothes I was wearing and entered the bathroom. I went under the shower to cool my head and as the water cascaded down my back, the memories of how Zora and Lucien were whipped replayed in my head.

Who knew we were going to end up like this? I remembered how happy we used to be. I remembered how we used to play and laugh like little children but all that was traded for betrayal. Who would have known that my best friend; someone who was like a sister to me would betray me in the most brutal way possible.

I looked into the mirror as tears rolled down my cheeks.

“We're gone.” I muttered to myself and walked out with a towel wrapped around my chest. I took a night gown and put it on then sat on the bed and picked up my phone.

I opened and the first name I saw was Damon's. I recalled how I had spoken to him and also recalled how Ava insisted I apologized to him. I bit my lower lip, realizing that I actually needed to apologize.

I typed “I'm sorry” into the box and sighed before clicking “Send”

“That should do.” I sighed and was about to switch off the phone and lie down when his message came up.

“Care to have a drink with me?”

I looked at the message and smiled. “Yes.” I texted back and it wasn't up to two minutes before a knock sounded on my door.

Wondering who it could be by this time, I stood up from the bed and opened the door only to receive a shock.

“Damon!”