Chapter 126

126.

**Author's POV**

Elora couldn't believe what she just heard. All these years she had been trying to find the scumbag that killed her parents and bring him or her to justice but unknowingly, he had been under her nose all these while. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to struggle from the grip of Zora and Lucien, who held her tight with mischievous smiles on their faces.

Dexter walked to where she was and held her chin up. "You should have remained the lowly and witty omega you were. If you hadn't stuck your nose where it didn't fit, the story would have been different. Now look at your fallen soldiers and your helpless mate. What are you going to do now huh?" He laughed at her.

"Why the heck did you kill my parents?" She ignored the other things he had said and threw the only question that had been bothering her at him. One thing she knew was that the Alpha and Luna treated him so well. They trusted him because he was their beta, and did everything in their power to make sure he was satisfied. She saw no reason why he would kill them.

Dexter laughed. "I wanted power, Elora. I wanted immense power and I knew that the only way to acquire those powers was to become the Alpha, and so I connived with a maid and she poisoned them. Wait, before you ask about the maid, I took care of her. I killed her of course. I knew she would become scared and overwhelmed by her emotions and then expose me, so I had to end her. After all, we villains never let our pawns live," He turned to face Martha, who had hidden when the war was ongoing. He gestured for her to come over and she did.

He smiled at her. "Do you want me to show you how I took care of that maid that day, Elora?" He asked and Martha looked around in confusion. She had no idea what he was talking about.

"I do not want to see! I just need an explanation from you!" Elora yelled at him. If only she could break free from their hold, she won't spare Dexter one bit.

"I'll tell you either way or rather, I'll show you," His eyes darkened as he stared at Martha, who started moving back. She didn't like the look he was giving her at all.

He used his powers to hold her in place. Martha felt like she was glued to the ground and couldn't move.

"You've been so helpful to me, Martha, but I'd like to use you as a scapegoat since you are of no use to me anymore."

Martha gasped. "What are you saying? This wasn't our agreement!" She snapped at him.

"I'm a villain. I don't do agreements. I only use and once I've used and the object is no longer needed, I trash them."

"How can you be so mean? You promised me great power and wealth if I did your bidding. I betrayed my Luna and my pack for you and this is how you're going to repay me?" She yelled, tears rolling down her cheeks. She suddenly began to regret her actions. She shouldn't have listened to his lies and should have just stayed with Elora. If only she knew she was going to die at the end, she would have been loyal.

Dexter laughed and grabbed her neck. "I'm sure you will do better in your next life," His hold on her neck tightened and she began to gag. He raised her up with his hand, her feet leaving the ground as he held her in midair.

"Please," Her eyes watered as she looked at Elora to save her, but there was nothing Elora could do. She was already weak and Damon was trapped with Dexter's power.

Dexter smiled as his claws elongated and pierced into her neck. Blood gushed out immediately, staining her clothes and his hands. She struggled but she was no match for him. He clawed deeper into her neck until he drained the life out of her and her body went limp.

When he was done, he dropped her on the floor with a thud and smiled at Elora.

"You are a monster!" Elora roared but he only chuckled.

"That was how I killed her. Now that my claws have touched blood, I am eager to taste more. I told you before, didn't I? I told you that you were going to lose everything you tried to protect, but you thought I was bluffing. Breaking news! I was right! After I end everything here, your kingdom and your beloved pack will be mine. I will turn your foolish people into my slaves and torture them.

I will get my revenge on them for supporting you and chasing me away. I ruled them for years in your parents stead but they were ready to dump me as soon as you brought out your ugly head from the goddess knows where and challenge me."

"I took what rightfully belonged to me, Dexter and even you can testify to that. You are only pained because I ruined your plans. You were nothing but a thorn in the flesh of the people. You derived joy in ripping them off and robbing them of their hard earned money. You deserve nothing but death!" Elora snapped at him.

"You are not in the position to tell me that," He brought Damon to the front and smirked. "How are you going to feel if I kill your mate, huh? I bet it's going to traumatize you. You won't feel the pain for long though. I'll kill your immediately I'm done with him."

"Don't you dare touch him! Don't you dare!" She snapped, her body shaking as a result of the anger.

"Oh, I'll dare alright because there's nothing you can do about it." He grabbed Damon's neck.

"No! Let him go!" She yelled but he didn't listen.
He had used his dark magic to make Damon weak and unable to defend himself.

Dexter's claw elongated and Elora knew what he was going to next. Tears rolled down her cheeks. "No, please! Let him go! Take me instead!" She pleaded but Dexter acted like he wasn't hearing her.

His claw dug into Damon's neck and blood dropped. Immediately Elora saw the blood, she went berserk.

"Let him go, you bastard!" She yelled in a loud voice and her eyes switched between white and amber gold. A white light shone through her body and there was a huge blast like an explosion that sent Dexter flying a few miles and Zora and Lucien away from her.

Damon returned to his senses and spat out blood. His eyes went to Elora and he was shocked to see her.

She had shifted into a pure white wolf with golden streaks.

Dexter couldn't believe his eyes. "This can't be."