Chapter 41

“A deal?” Elder Brent asked.

“Yes, a deal.” Dexter answered.

Elder Brent stepped aside and allowed Dexter to come in. When Dexter entered, he made himself comfortable on a couch there and crossed his legs.

Elder Brent sat at the opposite side and faced him. “What do you want to make a deal about?” He asked.

Dexter smirked. “It's about Elora. We need your help with her.”

Elder Brent sighed. “Elora is something else now, Beta Dexter. That girl must have used dark magic to destroy her conscience before coming for the throne. She is ruthless when it comes to punishments. I've been careful and I don't want to get involved in anything that would cost me something valuable.” He replied.

Dexter sighed. “That's why I'm here, Elder Brent. She would never see you coming. I have a plan and all you have to do is put it into execution for me.” Dexter smiled.

Elder Brent was hesitant. He was low key afraid of Elora, though he didn't want to say it for fear of being mocked or laughed at. She was just 18 years old, and if people found out, they might even protest for his title to be taken away from him.

“You know me and how much I don't like violence. I like doing things silently.” He protested.

“Yes, I know you, Elder Brent. You doing things silently is the reason why I'm here. You're the only Elder in the palace that we can turn to. Elder Blake is an asshole and would give us out if he learns of our plans. What I want you to do is simple and short. It doesn't require strength or stress,” Dexter said. When Elder Brent wanted to protest again, he spoke up. “There's something in it for you, too.”

Elder Brent paused the minute he heard that. “What's in it for me?” He asked.

“Come closer,” Dexter said. Elder Brent stood up and walked to where Dexter sat. Dexter whispered something into his ears and he smiled immediately.

“Really?” He asked.

“Yes. All you have to do is give us access to hurt her foundation and everything I mentioned would be yours.”

Elder Brent smiled. “I'll try my best and do as you've asked, but please keep your promise.”

Dexter nodded.

****

The Next Day…

“Are these all of them?” Elora asked Damon.

“Yes,” He answered. “They're the only ones that were able to scale through the interview with me.” He added.

“Nice,” Elora smiled and nodded her head. She could smell the confidence they exuded and their expertise were off the charts. She came to realize that Damon was expertly business minded. He did everything in a flexible and concise manner and what she had seen is that he picked the best.

She could remember going back to check on those she rejected. He had explained a few things she should look out for to her, and when she took their resumes, he was right. Her smile widened at the thought that she made the right choice of making him her beta, and the manager of the company. He was doing his job well, and not because he was her mate or anything, but because he loved it.

Which got her thinking back to how he was running the company under him. She felt she was stressing him out too much, and wondered how he juggled being her manager and the CEO of his own company. She made a mental note to talk to him about that later.

Her eyes scrutinized the people who were seated in the room. She fired 20 of her father's employees and with Damon's help, she was able to employ over the same amount and even more were posted to departments she didn't even think needed help — all thanks to Damon, she was able to discover that and now, they wouldn't be too stressed and would do their works effectively.