Chapter 39

**Elora's POV**

"Not good enough," Damon flung the last file to a corner in the room.

I was shocked because I checked the resume and nothing was wrong with it. After he became my beta, I automatically made him the manager in my father's company, and also put him in charge of checking the resume of the job applicants. That work has been long overdue.

"This is the 10th resume you're throwing away. What's going on? I didn't see anything wrong with them." I asked.

He looked up at me with a smile. "They aren't worth the positions they applied for. I need people with expertise and not rookies." He said with a little hint of authority in his voice.

From the way he worked, he was sure going to be a very strict businessman.

"So, who are the qualified people?" I asked.

"These," He pushed 5 files to me and I gasped.

"Dude! We interviewed 30 people today and more are coming tomorrow. How on Earth is it that it's only five that passed?" I asked.

"Only these five have what I'm looking for," He said and I sighed. "Elora,"  He called and I looked up at him.

"Do you trust me?" He asked.

I was quiet for a while. "Judging from my present situation, Damon, I..." I trailed off.

He took my hand and intertwined our fingers. "You have to trust me, mate. I know what I am doing. You'll thank me later." He said.

"You better know what you're doing." I said and stood up.

"Where are you off to?" He asked.

"I need to see Elder Blake," I said and was about to walk out, but stopped. "Wait... I need to speak to those people you've chosen one on one. No one is to be trusted these days." I said.

"It'd be good if you talk to them before you leave." He suggested.

I thought for a while and nodded.

Since we were in my office, I took a seat and waited for the first girl on the list to walk in. She was a pretty brunette with brown eyes. Her walking steps spelt elegance and the way she carried herself exuded confidence. I like her already.

"Good morning, Luna." She greeted me with a smile.

I put on a serious face and nodded at her greeting, then gestured to the seat in front of me.

Damon sat at a corner watching us.

"May I see your resume?" I inquired and she gave it to me. I went through it and it was indeed impressive, but I wasn't going to base my judgment on a piece of paper, so I dropped it and folded my hands. "Miss, Maureen, right?" I asked.

"Yes, Luna." She answered with a smile.

"You've worked in different Automobile companies before as a secretary in diverse departments before coming here, so you have a bit of experience, am I right?" I asked and she nodded. "Right here, you indicated working in the technical department, but from where you've worked previously, I didn't see any. How experienced are you in that field?" I asked.

"Right from childhood, I've always been into technological experiments and the rest. I love creating things and bringing them to life as well and I've always been resilient with it. I wasn't able to test my abilities in the companies I've worked for because they see me as a woman, and believe I have nothing to offer and so I've always been taken to the managing department, clerical and the rest," She explained and I hummed. "But if you can give me a chance, ma, I'll put in my best and make you proud by bringing something new and amazing to this company." She concluded.