Chapter 125

125.

**Author's POV**

Drake smirked and folded his arms. "You want to end everything today, don't you? You're welcome to try," He chuckled, walking forward. He couldn't deny that Elora was smart to have brought the war to him instead and met them unprepared, but he was more than ready to dig his claws into her throat and pull her intestines out.

He had been preparing for this day for ages, and he wasn't going to back down now.

Elora, on the other hand, was determined to end everything today. She wanted to go back to her people and give them a beacon of hope, so they won't live in fear of the unknown. She wanted them to be able to trust her as their leader, and with Damon by her side, she knew they were going to win. She would make sure they won even if it meant sacrificing her life to secure the victory.

Drake clapped his hand and his soldiers appeared. With the help of his dark magic, he collapsed his hideout and turned the place into a full battleground. If he wanted to decapitate Elora, he needed an open space to do it.

Zora and Lucien came and stood beside him. Elora smiled at them. "I'm delighted to see you two together today. It would make it easier for me to have the revenge I've thirsted for since my rebirth." She swung her sword.

"I'd stop blabbing rubbish if I were you. Your soldiers are no match for Drake's army!" Zora snapped at her.

"Good always triumphs over evil," Elora said, and they burst into a fit of laughter.

"You're being deceived, Attack!" Lucien yelled.

"Counter!" Elora shouted, and her soldiers shifted into wolves alongside Drake's armies. They rushed after each other and a heavy fight ensued between all of them.

Damon looked at Elora. "Whatever happens, do not leave my side. Let's fight side by side, that way, I'll be able to protect you." He said to Elora, who just smiled at him.

"I'll protect you too," She looked at Zora and Lucien. "Leave those two to me. I'll only feel good after I've killed them." She swung her sword and lunged at them, thinking they would shift, but they wanted to fight in their human form.

Her sword clashed with theirs while Damon faced Drake, stopping him from getting to Elora, who was determined to bury her sword in their chests. She had been planning this moment for centuries. Today, she won't hold back, they will feel her wrath.

Lucien and Zora attacked her at the same time, but she managed to block their attacks, giving Lucien a kick in the groin; a kick that sent him to the floor immediately. She went ahead to kick Zora in the stomach, causing her to fall and squirm. While they were on the floor, she turned to see a wolf coming to attack Damon from the back.

"Damon, watch out!" She yelled and before Damon could turn, she rushed and buried her sword in the wolf's eye, piercing through the body. Blood gushed out and Damon quickly turned Elora away so she wouldn't watch the blood pour. He recalled what happened the day she saw the bloody mess Drake made of the elders and didn't want her to experience it, but Elora had taken a drug to help her face the blood. She patted him and blocked the attack Drake wanted to make.

He wanted to hit her but she dodged and Damon blocked the hit. She rushed into the midst of wolves and having an advantage since she was in human form, she slid through beheading every of the enemy she encountered on the way, making them fall one by one, making two of the wolves to face her.

Elora grinned. "That should keep you busy for a while." The two wolves growled, charging at her like hungry wolves, but she was prepared. She grabbed the sword with both hands and raised it up in defense, taking the wolves' momentum against her. She sliced through the heads of both wolves, slicing off both their heads as their bodies slumped on the ground. The blood dripped onto the ground, spreading to the surrounding plants. She wiped her swords clean on the dirt, leaving crimson stains around her weapons.

Damon never knew she could be this ruthless in battle. He was so proud of her. She wiped the blood that splashed on her forehead and turned to see most of Drake's armies going down. She rushed to Damon to stay beside him again since she spotted the wolves approaching him.

As soon as one got close to Damon, Elora cut his head off with ease. When one wolf jumped up, she slashed his throat, and when another tried to attack, she took him down.

When she saw that Zora and Lucien were back on their feet, she lunged at them, but they countered her attack and Zora kicked her stomach, shifting her back a little. They didn't wait for her to recover from that and threw punches to her stomach and head with enough force to knock her over, which left her winded and vulnerable. Both Lucien and Zora moved to strike her head and neck and Elora rolled to the side to avoid the blow. She got back to her feet and ducked under Lucien's slash and punched Zora in the face.

Lucien tried to attack her, but she stepped on his leg and slammed him to the ground. She ran towards Zora and kicked her in the chin, sending her flying, crashing against a tree.

Zora fell to the ground and Elora approached her like a predator, ready to devour its prey. She swung her sword, a killing intent in her eyes as her gaze fixed on Zora. Zora moved back in fear for her life.

"Please," She pleaded but Elora scoffed.

"I've waited for this moment, Zora Watson, my so-called bestie," She muttered as she held her sword, still walking to her while she moved back. "I've wanted to end your life since the day you cheated on me and killed me. Since my rebirth, all I've ever wanted was your life, Zora and I'm taking it today. Goodbye. Say hi to Hades for me," She raised her sword to stab Zora, but screams shot through the air, causing her hand to pause midair.

She turned, and her eyes widened when she saw Damon being tossed to the floor while Drake used his dark magic to wipe out her whole army.

She gasped and turned. Blood flowed like water and the screams were deafening.

She rushed and picked Damon from the floor. She placed him somewhere and lunged at Drake, but he tossed her away with his magic.

She tried to stand up but since she wasn't fully healed from the poison, she fell back on the floor, her body becoming weak.

I'm horrified, she watched Drake wipe out all her soldiers. She couldn't bear the scene. How did it all go wrong? She was winning a few minutes ago. How did everything change so suddenly? Tears rolled down her cheeks as she tried to stand to her feet.

Drake licked the blood from his lips and smirked as he walked to where she laid. He gestured for Lucien and Zora to grab her, which they did. He used his powers to lift Damon from where he was.

He chuckled at the look on Elora's face.

"Coming here is the worst decision you've ever made, Luna," He laughed at her.

"You won't win!" Elora gathered strength and snapped at him.

"I have already won. Look around, Elora, none of your soldiers are left. They've been torn from limb to limb. The scent of their blood rejuvenates me. I have won and there is nothing that can be done about it. Once I end you and your useless mate, I will take over your kingdom and rule with an iron fist, but before that, I want to let you in on a little secret. It wouldn't be good for me to kill you without actually telling you the truth." He chuckled and her brows creased.

"What truth?" She asked and he laughed maniacally.

"The truth about what you've been trying to find out for years. You've been trying to find who killed your parents. Let me save you the trouble because he is right here, standing before you," He said and her eyes widened.

"What? What are you saying?" She asked, tears welling up in her eyes.

"The truth is what I'm saying. I poisoned your parents. I killed them!" He confessed and Elora's tears finally fell.