Chapter 32

**Elora's POV**

“Do you think wearing a mask can fool me?” I asked with a scoff and he removed it.

“Your highness, my Luna.” He bowed. I could notice the mockery in his tone of speech.

“Spare me that. I thought I pointed out that I didn't want to see around this palace. Do you want to get banished before you obey a simple instruction?” I snapped at him.

Why did the guards let him in here anyway? Is this how they allowed just anyone to come in here when my father was Alpha? They need to be sensitized, else they won't take me seriously.

“Luna, can't we talk a bit?” He asked.

I rolled my eyes. “I don't think we have anything to talk about, Dexter. You're no longer the beta of this Pack, and so I have no business with you.” I answered.

“You're still feisty, even though nothing is a threat to you yet. I'd advise that you calm down a little. If you're this feisty now, you might eventually get tired and when I attack, you won't be able to fight me off. I won't enjoy a battle with someone who's weak. That's what I came to tell you.” He turned to leave.

“Stop right there!” I ordered, and he halted. I walked up to him and stood as we locked gazes. “Who do you think you are to come into my palace and utter gibberish? Don't you know it is an insult?” I asked.

“It might look like an insult or a threat to you. But to me, it's just a friendly warning,” He started walking away but stopped and looked over his shoulder. “Oh, and I forgot to tell you how much of a wonderful Luna you are. You're helping me achieve some of my dreams without even realizing it.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, but he only smiled and walked away.

What could he be talking about? I thought of things that I haven't fixed and the thought of the company came to mind. I gasped when I realized that new workers haven't been employed like I said. The workload was going to be too much on the old workers there. This was why I needed a beta.

I'd have to let the guards spread the word about the Luna ceremony, but before that, I need to warn them.

“Guards!” I called and they rushed to me immediately.

“Yes, Luna.” They bowed.

“Who the hell let Dexter into this palace?” I asked.

They exchanged confused looks and looked at me.

“Luna, we haven't set our eyes on Beta Dexter today. The only person we let in was a man in a mask. He said he had a critical appointment with you and was rushing.” He answered and I snickered.

What a fool!

“And you couldn't at least remove his mask? What if he was an assassin sent to kill me? What if he had done something bad to me?” I asked, and they remained quiet. “By doing this, you think you've done your work as a guard?” I asked again. They remained quiet. “Am I talking to logs of wood? Answer me!” I snapped.

They all flinched and went down on their knees.

“Have mercy upon us, Luna. We have offended you greatly. We promise it won't happen again.” They said it at once.

I watched them for a while and sighed. These guards aren't doing what they're supposed to. If they're acting this way, how would they protect me whenever trouble comes? I can't keep up with this. I would have to learn how to defend myself too.

Father always told me that Lunas were warriors, and so he took me to a Martial Arts Academy, so I could train for a year before going to school. That was the first place I met Damon, though. He was referred to as the star student because of his superb fighting skills and I really admired his agility then even though I didn't like him.

The training was something I couldn't bear because of my frail nature, and so I withdrew after a week and wrote an exam where I got admitted to school.

Now, I would have to learn martial arts again, but who do I trust that would help teach me?

I sighed. I thought for a while, but couldn't get anyone. I'll figure that out later.

“Stand,” I ordered the guards.

“Thank you, Luna!” They exclaimed.

“Next time, do not repeat what you just did because I'm not going to be lenient with you if you do.” I warned them.

“Yes, Luna.” They bowed.

“Also, spread the word and tell the people the beta ceremony is being held tonight. I'm finally picking a beta,” I said.

They smiled, nodded and rushed out.

When they were out of sight, I sighed and ruffled my hair. Dexter's threat rang in my ears again, and I couldn't help but worry. I had no idea what he meant by I shouldn't be weak when he comes to attack. This is obvious that he's definitely planning something against me, but what could it be?

I sighed again. The suspense was making me feel uneasy, but it wasn't going to make me shiver like a coward. If he comes, I'll be ready for him.

“Are you sure about that?” Ava, my wolf, asked. It was obvious she sensed my tension.

“Yes,” I answered, and she scoffed.

“You don't look like someone who's ready for him to me. You're weak and I can feel it. Also, you haven't really given me the chance to come to the surface.” She let out a chuckle. That chuckle wasn't a genuine one.

“I'll do that when I get someone to train me,” I smiled sadly. How funny it is that I have a wolf, but can't shift into it.  Dexter would have used that against me as well if he knew. From the beginning before my rebirth, I've always tried to shift, but it wasn't working. I didn't know whether it was because I wasn't doing it right or because I got my wolf late, but it was something bothersome for me. I had forgotten about it for a while, and now it's back again; that feeling was back again.

“I need help,” I sighed and Damon came into my head. If by chance I ask him to teach me how to fight, will that bring my status down in his eyes and make him laugh at me? That might also make him feel too important. He was going to be crowned a beta today, and now I'm asking for his help. What am I going to do now?

I paced back and forth as I thought about it. Should I or should I not?

“Arghh, this is complicated!”