Chapter 89

**Elora's POV**

It's been a week and still, there was no success in catching Dexter. It seemed like he possessed a kind of power that made him invisible to those that were looking for him. We only saw his hand works on the body of those he killed.

Although he had laid low for some time, I am still anxious because I have no idea when he was going to attack again. I've been serious with my training and surprisingly, I was starting to become as good as Damon, but not that good.

I was making progress though because I was able to fight off a few men and also measured up to Damon as well. I've also tried to learn how to control myself at the sight of blood.

Another problem was that I would randomly feel a sharp pain in my stomach, and it would knock me down. I told Zena about it, and she asked me to go see the doctor. I think I'll do that.

With a sigh, I stood up from the bed and made my way to the throne room, where I met Elder Blake. From his expression, he wasn't looking quite alright.

“Are you okay?” I asked him and sat down on the throne.

He gestured for me to dismiss the guards. He always does that whenever he wants to tell me something that other ears aren't permitted to hear.

“Leave us, please,” I said to the guards. They bowed and walked out of the throne room. I turned to face him directly. “What is going on?” I asked.

“What about the beta? Where is he?” He asked.

“He went to have a word with the guards. He's been so busy searching for Dexter that he hardly gets enough sleep these days.” I sighed and ruffled my hair.

“You're right. He's a remarkable soul, and I'm glad he's your beta.” He said to me and I smiled.

“Now, what is it you want to tell me?” I inquired with a smile on my face. I didn't want him to notice the pain I was going through right now.

“I was at home yesterday and suddenly had a thought. Do you know the royal stamp?” He asked.

Of course, I know the royal stamp. Who wouldn't? It was a stamp my father used in making unbreakable laws and decrees. He inherited the stamp from his father and had kept it safe in a place known to only the royal family for a while. Even Dexter, who was my father's beta at the time, had no idea where it was located. Only my father, mother, me and Elder Blake know its location.

“Yes.”

“How about you use it this time around?” He asked and I furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't understand what he was saying.

“What do you mean, Elder Blake?”

“Now that Dexter is on the loose and killing people, I think it's best you use the royal stamp to make royal declarations and form allies with the neighboring packs. He must be blaming something big now that he's quiet.” Elder Blake explained.

“But father said to use it only for emergencies.” I argued.

“This is an emergency, Elora, and it's that stamp that's our last hope for now. The dragon carved on its forehead is the symbol of the stamp and when any pack sees it, they know it's urgent and will try their best to help you at all cost,” He explained, but I was hesitant. Father strictly warned me of the dangers and chaos that would ensue if the stamp entered the wrong hands. That was why he showed it to us alone.

“I know you're worried, Elora, but that's our only hope. We have to stop all these from happening. Innocent lives have been lost, and we can't afford to lose others. Their blood is getting wasted for something they know absolutely nothing about. Are you going to let this continue?” He asked and I shook my head.

What he said was enough to convince me. I don't want to be seen as a weak Luna, who had the chance to save her people but didn't. I knew how much I wept for the lives that were lost. I can't afford to lose another. I don't even have any tears left to shed.

I stood up from where I was seated. “I understand you, Elder Blake. Let's go get the stamp,” I said to him, and he sighed in relief. I led him to a particular painting hung in the middle of the hallway in the palace. I had put restrictions on that painting so no one would touch it and so far, everyone has been compliant.

There was a secret room behind the painting that led to where the most important royal treasures were being stored.

I looked both ways and tapped a button. The painting shifted, and a door came into view. I tapped in a code and it opened.

When we entered, it closed, and I came face to face with a haven of ancient and significant royal artifacts. The place was as spotless as it was years ago when I had come here with my father. It seemed it cleaned itself up like father always said. I didn't believe him then because I thought there was nothing like magic, but seeing that I was given a second chance at life and brought back to correct my mistakes, I had a second thought. Magic is real.

“Wow!” I heard Elder Blake exclaim.

“It's been a while since you came here, too, right?” I asked, looking at the things placed on shelves. Some were familiar, some weren't and each piece had a story to it. It was like a museum but better.

“Yes. It's been years.”

I smiled as my eyes darted to my father's sword. He always used it for war. I recalled how he told me that whenever I become Luna, and a war breaks out, I should come in here and pick the sword that it had a special charm to it. I laughed and told him there would be no wars in my reign. At that time, I thought the world was like those kingdoms we read about in fairy tales. I was so naive.

“Let's take the stamp and get out of here,” I said to Elder Blake, who stood at a corner waiting for me. He nodded and followed me to where the stamp was placed.

It was kept under a protective glass as it was the most valuable thing in here.

I removed the gold ring from my hand and placed it near the keyhole. It opened and I took the stamp.

I signaled Elder Blake as we walked out of the place. When we were out, everything returned to normal, and we headed to the palace study where I'd write the letters and stamp them.

I pray this works, else I'd be in a trouble bigger than this one.