Chapter 17

**Author's POV**

The elders gasped at her words. Was she really going to dismiss them? They exchanged looks and, as if they had planned it together, they quickly went down on their knees. They knew that this wasn't a time to raise shoulders, but a time to beg.

They still had plenty of plans on hand for the kingdom. Dismissing them would serve as a hindrance to that, but Elora wasn't out for that. They tried to fool her, and must pay for it. Even without a microscope, she could see straight through them. This was going to be tough.

“What are you doing?” Elora demanded, “Why have you disrespected me?” She glared at them all. Her voice had taken on the same tone that her father used to take on when he was angry. The elders noticed that.

“We are sorry, Luna. We didn't know he would stoop that low.” Elder Adam answered, his eyes pleading with hers. Elora looked at him in contempt.

He glanced back towards Damon. His eyes held an apology that he wanted to share with him. And also, pleading with his eyes for Damon to beg her on their behalf since he was her mate.

Damon was watching the interaction with a raised eyebrow, his expression unreadable. He could see how much the other was enjoying this. It might be better that he didn't step in. After all, they were getting what they deserve.

Elora sighed. She couldn't let them off easily. Not after what they did. She had to show them that she was serious about this. She had to show them that she wouldn't tolerate any disrespect from anyone.

“Do you know my problem with you?” She asked, her eyes hardening. The elders' posture stiffened and they nodded. Of course, they knew. Elora wasn't one to waste words; at least not now because in the past, they got to push her around and tell her all manner of things to hurt her while she took it all in, but suddenly, everything about her changed and she shocked them.

“And do you know why I can't forgive you for not respecting me?” They shook their heads, confused. Elora's eyebrows were high, and she turned towards where Elder Blake stood. “Because you all can't be like him,” She pointed to Elder Blake. “I'm not trying to compare you people, I'm trying to show you who you are,” She smiled, and she meant every word, “and who I am too!”

“Elora—”

“I remember everything. Every damn thing you people did to me. I remember how you took the throne away from me after my parents' death. You four…” She trailed off and glanced at the three elders on the floor, then averted her fiery gaze to the fourth one, who stood at a corner with fear in his eyes. She chuckled and made a mental note to deal with him later.

“You asked me to find a mate and get married first before I could sit on my father's throne. That wasn't even the worst part, you assisted Beta Dexter in making me move out of the palace and renting an apartment. I just realized how foolish I was to have agreed to be your puppet, but you know what I'm happy for? I'm happy that I had met someone like him,” She gestured towards Elder Blake who remained silent, "who treated me as an equal. Who didn't treat me like a child because you know something? No matter how many times I tried to make you understand me, it always came back to she is still a young lady.'

“Regardless of what I tried to say, you just dismissed it, you didn't listen to anything I had to say, but you put on the charade of treating me like your daughter. I knew all these, but I chose to let you eat your cake, but I won't let you have it.” She gave Elder Adam a hard look, a clear warning. There was no way he could speak up in defense, so he stayed quiet.

“Child, listen—” Elder Matt attempted to talk, but she raised her hand, and he went mute.

“You all… You've been so eager to get rid of me, so you could continue your atrocities, but here I am, still standing and now the Luna of White Tide Pack. But it only served to give you more reasons to despise me, but here is good news for you. You aren't going to see me anymore. We are saying our goodbyes today,” Elora turned away from them. “Guards!” She called and they rushed in.

“Elora, please! You're making a mistake,” Elder Moon pleaded.

Elora ignored him. “Take them out of here and do not let them step their feet here again!” She ordered.

They nodded and grabbed the elders, who kept pleading. When the elders were taken out of the throne room, Elora looked at the guards holding Hunter. She wasn't going to let him go scot-free.

She was going to punish him according to the law of her father for trying to steal from the royal treasury.

“Lock him up! I'll decide his fate tonight.” She ordered.

They bowed and dragged Hunter out.

Her eyes darted to Elder Brent, the fourth Elder. She knew him and his deeds too well, but she wanted to catch him in the act first before passing her judgment. He looked away from her and sighed.

She sighed and looked at Elder Blake.

“I'm proud of you.” He mouthed and she smiled.

“I'll pass my judgment on the thief too tonight. You can go now,” She said.

Elder Brent quickly bowed and left. Elder Blake smiled and patted her shoulder before leaving, leaving her and Damon.

Damon cleared his throat.

“You can live too,” She started walking out and he followed her.

His love for her grew when he saw how she took care of the whole thing today. Indeed, she had changed. He didn't know how and why she changed so much, but he loved every bit of it. She was no longer that shy girl that everyone bullied, that weak girl, who was only strong and courageous when she wanted to reject his advances. He could remember how many times he had to rescue her from the bullies in school, but would get insulted by her as a thank you.

He smiled at the memory.

“Damon, I said you can go now. Stop following me,” She quickened her step, and he followed her without saying a word.

Elora sighed. She had no idea why he always chose to annoy her. When they got to her room, she opened the door and quickly entered. He tried to enter, and she attempted to close the door, but he blocked it and entered.

“Damon!” She snapped.

He said nothing and just looked at her, taking in her features. She was indeed beautiful, with long red hair and blue eyes. The most striking feature though was the fact that there wasn't a single freckle on her face. She was flawless. She wore makeup every day and was even more beautiful without it. Damon felt himself blush.

But then, she was so enchanting that he couldn't look away.

Elora was getting uncomfortable.

“Damon, I said you can go, but you are still here. What do you want?” She snapped.

“I want you,” He said, and she gasped.

Before she knew it, he pinned her to the wall. “I want you so badly, Elora.”