Chapter 85

**Zora's POV**

When I returned to the room, I locked the door and jumped up happily.

“I wonder what happened to her that made her faint, Lucien. Do you think it's the poison?” I asked Lucien, who sat on the bed, his lips forming into a smile.

“I don't think it's the poison, it must be something else. The poison is supposed to kill her slowly before getting worse, and that should be after the final dose. You're so smart, Zora!” He praised me, and I smiled, pretending not to know what he was talking about.

“Smart?” I asked.

“Yes. I liked how you acted all worried about her and made Damon rush to get her water. You even argued with him and I bet he's confused right now whether we have ulterior motives or not.” He whispered and I chuckled.

He was right, though. Everything I did out there was an act to make Damon lower his guard and to also confuse him. Luckily for us, I was able to inject Elora the last dose before he returned from the bathroom with water. The feeling was superb, and I can't wait to see the effects of the poison on her. It's going to be amazing!

“You know, Lucien, we have to start planning our poses for the camera for when we'll become king and queen, Alpha and Luna,” I shrieked excitedly. “Then, we'd have numerous interviews to go to and meetings to attend. Elora is such a boring queen. If I were on that throne, damn, I'd let the whole world know I had arrived.” I chuckled proudly, causing Lucien to laugh.

“You're one dramatic queen, Zora, and that's why I love you so much. My only excitement is that very soon, we're going to have what's ours, and then we can bring Melissa.” He said and I smiled.

“Yes, you're right.” I smirked. It's only a matter of one week. Very soon, she'll start feeling the pains in her tummy. Melissa made the poison in a way that it can't be detected until it has done what it was sent to do, and that is to end its victim.

When it was time for dinner, a maid came to inform us that Elora was waiting for us downstairs. We got there, and I looked at her face, it was already looking pale. I ignored it and sat down, facing her.

“Hope you guys enjoyed your day?” She asked us.

“Yes, we did,” I answered with a smile. “How do you feel now? Are you hurt anywhere?” I asked and she shook her head.

“No, I'm perfectly fine now. This afternoon wasn't a pretty sight for me, but I've been able to clear my head.” She smiled at us and we smiled back.

“I was thinking we'd take you out to get some herbal drugs tomorrow afternoon. What do you think?” I asked her and she furrowed her brows. I needed to make her believe that we dealt with drugs that heal different kinds of diseases, so as to have an advantage when the poison starts working on her.

Luckily, Melissa already taught us how to make healing tonics, so we'd have what to use against them if they wanted evidence of our work.

“Herbal leaves?” She asked, that curious expression still on her face.

“Yes. We used to make healing tonics. If we do that, and you take it for a day, I'm sure you'll be very fine.” I explained to her with a smile.

“I don't think there's any need for herbal drugs when we have doctors who are good at their job here. They can treat her if something is wrong with her. Besides, she said she was fine.” Damon said to me.

I frowned internally and rolled my eyes. What a fool! He thinks he's protecting her, right? She'll die on his shoulders and when that happens, he'll realize that he didn't try to protect her enough, or he was deceived. After that realization, I'll gladly be the first to deal with his already miserable self.

I cleared my throat and flashed him a smile. “I'm not trying to play doctor here, Beta. I'm just worried and want the best for her. Herbs work faster than the drugs you're referring to.” I attempted to make him under, but he seemed not to be interested in what I'm saying. He just ignored me.

I balled my fists under the table and felt like throwing my fork at his face and plucking his eyes out. Roland placed his hand on my lap and gave me a pat. I looked at him, and he signaled that I shouldn't argue with Damon.

“I'm sorry, Zena.  Damon is right. We already have professional doctors here, so there's no need for me to take herbs. Besides, I'm not feeling that bad. I'm fine, so stop worrying.” Elora said with a smile, and I nodded, making an understanding expression.

When we were done eating and were leaving the table, Elora came to meet me as I was about to enter my room. I looked at her questionably, and she cleared her throat.

“I couldn't say this earlier because Damon was there,” She sighed and smiled at me sweetly — a smile that could melt anybody hear easily, but not mine. “I wanted to apologize for how Damon talked to you in the dining hall. I wanted to ask you not to take it to heart. He can be like that sometimes.”

“There's no need to apologize on his behalf. I understand what he means, but I was only offering a suggestion because I was worried about you. I'm sorry if I was going too far.” I lowered my head.

“No,” She raised my head up and placed both of her hands on my shoulders. “I have no problem with that at all. You know this feeling of overprotectiveness and stuff, that's why he's acting that way. He's warming up to you already, so don't feel bad if he says things like that.”

I smiled and nodded my head. “Whoever has you as a friend sure is lucky. You're a very understanding and commendable person.” I praised her and, just as expected, she smiled.

“I can't deny that. Too bad, the only person I could show this side of myself to betrayed me.” She sighed and was about to leave, but I stopped her.

“I have a question,” I said, and she gestured for me to go ahead. “The name of that friend of yours is Zora, right?” I asked and she nodded. “How did you even know she betrayed you? I'm curious to know what happened between the two of you.” I said to her, hoping she would at least give me one or two hints. That way, I'd know what really happened because she didn't actually explain anything to me and Lucien. She only kept ranting on and on about how she was going to make us pay for what we did to her.

“That's a story for another day. When I feel much better, I'll tell you everything, okay?” She said and walked away.

I watched her retreating figure and sighed heavily.

It's only a matter of time, then she'd be all mine to deal with as I deem fit.