Chapter 67

**Damon's POV**

I sat in the dungeon, my back resting on the wall as I reminisced over what happened a few moments ago. Only I and the maid knew what really happened but she pinned everything on me and is not helping matters.

Now that things are finally working out between me and Elora, this happened.

“I love you, Elora, and I would never hurt you.  Please know that.” I sighed and buried my face in my legs as I tried to think of ways out of this situation.

I heard something creak open like the door and heard footsteps. I couldn't guess who the person was but the familiar scent brought one person to mind.

“Elora,” I muttered and looked up to see her standing in front of the cell. I quickly stood to my feet and rushed to her. “Elora, why don't you want to believe me? I know it's something you saw with your two eyes, but you have to know that I would never do anything that would hurt you.” I tried to explain things to her.

She sighed. “Damon, it's pretty hard to believe, you know,” She said, her voice calm and collected. I missed her so much. “I tried my best but my eyes saw you. My eyes can't deceive me.”

“I know but I really didn't do it. I love you so much, Elora. I'd never hurt you.” I hoped she would believe me.

She sighed and turned to leave.

“Elora,” I called and she halted, turning back to look at me. “Make sure you eat and take care of yourself, okay? I will be out of here soon because I'm innocent. When I'm out, I'll take care of you better.” I smiled at her.

She said nothing and walked out.

I went back to where I was seated and sighed. It wasn't up to 5 minutes Elora left, I heard another footstep but could recognize the scent.

“The Luna asked me to give him food.” I heard the all too familiar voice and before I could process what was happening, the door opened and she walked in.

Her face was covered in a veil, making me wonder whether this is how the maids dressed now.

She dropped the tray of food and looked at me, pulling down the veil.

I thought as much. It was the she devil. The person that put me into this mess.

“You!” I snapped.

“Yes, me. How are you doing here? Are you having a good time?” She questioned, sarcasm dripping from her tone.

“Why did you lie? Why did you lie against me and put me in this mess?” I asked. At this point, I was literally controlling myself from grabbing her by the neck and smashing her against the wall.

She chuckled. “Me? Lie? Oh please,” She laughed. “I didn't lie. I just did something to take you out of the way because you began misbehaving too much.”

“Misbehaving?” I asked.

“Yes. You're foiling our plans, that's why we need to take you out,” She started whispering. “You were always all over Elora like a guardian angel. You even foolishly vowed to die for her,” She laughed. “You didn't want to leave her side and whatever plans we made, you always found a way to ruin it. That's why we took you out. We wanted you away from her because you were becoming a pest. We couldn't think of other ways than this because obviously you're smart, Elora is smart too and it's only a matter of time before you two find out, so we thought of this plan. If Elora is hurt, she won't have the time to strategize and think of a solution and won't believe anything you say either. So…” She trailed off and my eyes widened.

“Who sent you to do this?” I yelled at her.

“Hey, keep your voice down, sir. Do not make me shout at the top of my lungs, saying you want to rape me again,” She laughed
I was literally burning in anger and if care isn't taken, I might actually tear her to shreds. She stood up and smirked at me. “The drug worked pretty fine, pretty boy. It made you so hot that you could lunge at anyone you see. Well, it turns out, I was the lucky girl you saw and believe me when I say, I love your dick,” She smiled and I growled at her. She chuckled and turned to leave. “I just wanted to inform you, that's all. Even if you blab this out to the whole world, nobody will believe you. You'll only be taken as a joke and Elora will never trust you again.”

“That's where you're wrong, girl.”

Both of us gasped and looked. Elora was standing right in front of us. The maid turned to look at me, her eyes wide in terror. At this moment, my earnest prayer to the moon goddess was that Elora should know what's going on.

“Luna.” The girl called and bowed.

Elora didn't answer but walked into the cell. Before I could process what was happening, Elora landed a slap on the maid's cheek. The girl didn't recover from that before Elora gave her another one.

“How dare you!” Elora snapped and slapped the girl again. “How dare you frame my mate?”

That moment, I knew Elora had heard everything the girl said. My joy knew no bounds.

“I didn't mean anything I said, Luna. Have mercy!” The girl pleaded but Elora slapped her twice again.

“If you open your mouth to spit out gibberish at me again, I'll tear it to shreds. How shameless and ruthless of you? You just confessed everything with your own mouth and you were the same person crying and shouting that he raped you,” She snapped at the girl. “You made me doubt my mate, you imbecile!” Another slap was thrown at the girl. “I thought as much and that's why I made this plan and thank goodness, you fell right into my trap.” Elora smirked and my eyes widened.

“A trap? What trap?”