Chapter 42

**Zora's POV**

“I thought you'd never come to me, Zora. I missed you so much,” Dan said and I scoffed.

“I have no business with whether you miss me or not, Dan. Hand over what I asked you to get for me.” I requested, stretching my hand to him.

He looked at me with a bemused expression on his face. “Are you trying to tell me that you didn't miss me or what?” He demanded and I glared at him. “Come on, girl, I already said I was sorry for what I did. You don't know how Irresistible you are, Zora. Why do you think Lucien still holds on to you even after telling him all that happened?” He asked.

I didn't want to think too far because I knew he was trying to get into my head. I was not going to let him do that. “Dan, do not waste my time. Give me what I asked for.” I demanded, my voice firm and authoritative this time around.

He sighed and reached into his pocket then brought out a mini bottle containing a liquid. I was about to collect it, but he yanked my hands away.

“What do you want to use it for?” He asked.

“I owe you zero explanation, so give it.” I urged him.

“Zora, you don't have to keep behaving like this. What do you need j aphrodisiac for? If Lucien isn't giving you the satisfaction you want, I'm here for you baby girl. I'll take you the moon and back.” He said and scoffed again.

“Do you think you're better than Lucien? Lucien is a good fucker and I'm satisfied with him. I don't need an aphrodisiac to have raw sex with my man, this is for someone else — someone I desperately want to see the end of.” I collected the drug from him.

“By that “someone”, are you referring to Elora? The Luna of this pack? Your best friend?“ He asked with folded hands.

“She stopped being my best friend the day she chose her own path, and left me behind,” I retorted. “I knew she was next in line to become the Luna after the death of her parents. I even talked to her about it — asked her if she wanted the Luna position but she bluntly told me no. My plan was to pair her with Lucien, since the two of us were together and that way, we would at least have some advantage in this kingdom. I had no idea she had her own plans. Suddenly, her attitude towards everyone changed and she was crowned Luna right before my eyes. I want to pay her back for that.” I explained.

Dan smiled. “Why are you angry then? What you're doing now was your plan before she became Luna.”

“What do you mean?” I frowned.

“According to what you said, you wanted to paid her with Lucien. That way, you two would have some advantage in the kingdom when she becomes Luna. That was your plan then and it still is now, except that the first one wasn't this violent,” He said. “Are you sure you're going the right way?” He asked.

I threw a glare his way and he pressed his lips into a thin line.

“You have no right to tell me which way is wrong and which is right. Mind your business and let me do my things my way, okay?” I snapped at him. “What do you know that you're advising me? Look, if you want this friendship of ours to last, don't dare advising me next time. I know what I want!” I yelled and walked out, not bothering to spare him a glance.

When I was outside the club, I stood and exhaled, trying to calm myself down. His words rang in my head one more time and I shook it off. This was my life and I would decide how to live it. I'll get whatever I want, when I want it and how I want. Fuck people's opinions. I want the throne now and I'm going to definitely get it.

With that concluded, I walked away from there and boarded a cab to my apartment. I met Lucien waiting outside there for me. I paid the cab man and walked up to him.

“You're here. You didn't call to tell me you were coming, I would have come sooner.” I said and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“I was anxious to know the outcome of your visit and didn't really think of that,” He smiled.

We held hands as I unlocked the door by dialing a code.

“Why didn't you use your car today?” He asked and I sighed.

“I didn't feel like it, and I also have the feeling that Elora might have her eyes on us, and I wouldn't want her to see my car going to different strange places.” I answered as we sat down.

“I understand. So, how did the visit go? Were you able to get it?” He asked.

I nodded and brought it out.

“Nice,” He smiled and took it. “I'm going to make sure she doesn't see any escape route, Zora. I have a good feeling about this plan. If it falls through, we would use it against her.” He smirked.

“Yes, you're right. Even though I'm excited that we can finally do something to her, I'm still not comfortable with the fact that you're going to be the one she'll do it with.” I pouted and he chuckled.

“I understand you, but you know we have to do this.” He whispered and I sighed.

“I know, but still…” I trailed off.

He stood up and came to sit beside me. He held my chin and kissed me. “Stop worrying. How about you take me tonight then tomorrow, we can wash her scent off?” He asked, pulling me up.

“Sure,” I dropped the drug on the table and wrapped my hands around his neck. We kissed and I wrapped my legs around his waist while he led me to the bedroom.

***

The next day, I was set to go to the palace. I wanted it to be done at a time when Damon would not be around and when majority of the people in the palace must have prepared to retire to bed. That way, we would have easy access to her.

I got to the palace but was told Elora was still at the office.

“Perfect!” I smiled and made my way to the kitchen. I was about entering when I heard the maids talking about Elora. I stood at the entrance and listened in on their conversation.

“Come on, Rita, you don't have to put it that way. The Luna is a very sweet girl. We just don't how she changed so much.” One of the maids said.

“You don't understand. Right from the beginning, Luna Elora has been someone with a high level of pride. She doesn't talk to people and always have her glasses on. She frowns a lot too.” The girl called Rita said and I smiled.

An opportunity just presented itself. This girl called Rita might be the ticket to accomplishing my plans. I don't need to stress myself any longer.

“Luna Elora isn't like that. To be honest, I used to dislike her, thinking she was proud and all that, but I got to discover that she wasn't proud but reserved and shy as well. I've seen her gisting with Zora, her best friend before. When they're together, you'll discover that she can be a very lovely and lively person.” The other maid defended and I scoffed.

“That was then. I'm talking about now.” Rita said.

“Rita, I don't want to get into trouble, please. I'd advise you keep your hatred for the Luna aside because she's the one paying your salaries. You are of no help to her at all, because even if you leave today, she would get people that would replace you tomorrow. And if eventually she fires you, it would have no effect on her. You will be the one to suffer the brunt of your actions.” The other maid warned and walked out, leaving Rita all alone.

“I'd give anything to teach her a lesson.” Rita scoffed.

“How about I make that wish of yours come true?” I spoke up.

She turned to look at me with widened eyes. “Ma'am Zora,” She called.

“You have the guts to speak about my friend in such manner, Rita. How about I tell her and you get severely punished for it?” I asked.

She went on her knees immediately.

“I'm sorry. I didn't mean anything I said. Please, don't let me get punished,” She begged and I shook my head. “Please, I'd do anything.” She exclaimed.

“You will do what?” I asked.

“I'll do anything you ask me to do.” He repeated.

I smirked. “Good. Now stand up,” I ordered and she did. “Here is what you're going to do for me.”