Chapter 60

**Elora's POV**

Her eyes were wide in shock and she should know that I'm not joking this time. I'll make sure to get her killed if she dares me.

“10… 9… 8…” As I counted, she rushed to her father for help but he couldn't help her. “5… 4… 3…” I was already pulling out a sword from one of the guards when she picked the food.

She took a spoonful and I urged her to eat it. In tears, she ate the food and I ordered her to take more bites. When she was done taking them, I asked her to sit down.

Then I gestured for Lucien to have a seat too.

“Now, tell me why you choose to do what you did a few minutes ago?” I asked, pointing to Rita.

Really there was nothing like trust these days. I made a mistake by trusting Rita and making her my personal maid. I can't believe she would stoop so low to work with someone that wanted me dead.

Zora looked at me, confusion etched into her features. “I don't know what you're talking about.” She denied.

“I don't have the time to argue words with you, so I'm going to ask you this without mincing words. You ordered Rita to poison me, yes or no?” I asked and she looked in Rita's direction.

“Me? I never ordered her to do something like that. I don't even know who she is.” Zora denied and I scoffed.

“Damon overheard your conversations and in case you don't know, he had it recorded and played to me. ” I said.

Damon brought his phone out and played the recording. Her eyes widened in shock as she stared at me.

“Rita was also the same person you sent to put Aphrodisiac in my food. I knew you were heartless, Zora but this time around you've gone too far and you have to pay for it.” I said to her and turned to face Lucien. “And you? You were always by her side all the time. It's funny how I loved and cared about you in the past. That was the worst mistake I made, and at least the mistake taught me some lessons and also taught me not to trust or have mercy on people like you two.” I snapped at them.

I was going to make sure they paid for what they tried to do to me today. “Rita,” I called and she was brought to me. “Thank you for showing me that even palace maids can be my enemies. You betrayed me!” I snapped at her.

“I was threatened by her, Luna. I had no choice but to follow her instructions.” she said.

“But according to what I heard, you were badmouthing me and that was how she was able to meet you and use you as a tool of revenge against me.” I smirked and she went mute. “Take her away!” I ordered and the guards immediately took her away.

I glanced at Zora and saw that her facial expression had changed. Her face was scrunched up in pain and though she tried to hide it, it was obvious.

“How do you feel?” I asked and she glared at me.

“Elora, why are you this wicked?” She snapped.

“That question should be directed to you, Zora. You're the wicked one here. You plotted with Lucien to take over my throne and also plotted to kill me. Do you think I would sit and watch you take over everything? Do you think I would keep mute over what you've done before I got here? You're the reason why I am like this, Zora. You're the reason why I changed towards everybody around me. You are! And you know what, thank you for that because I now have the courage to bring down those selfish people that tried to take over my father's business and company, including your father.” I snapped and he gasped.

“What are you talking about?” He snapped and walked to where I sat.

“Mr. Watson, when you came to my office the other day, what did I tell you?” I asked and he raised his brows in confusion.