Chapter 74

**Elora's POV**

“You can do better, come on, hit me.” Damon said as I tried to punch him. I was struggling to land a blow on him, but he kept dodging my strikes like they were nothing.

He seemed to be able to predict my every move, and he kept countering my attacks without even breaking a sweat. I was annoyed because I knew I was putting in a lot of effort but he literally countered every move I made.

It was both frustrating and tiring at the same time. I was determined to land a hit on him, but it seemed impossible.

“You're not giving it your all. Come on, I know you can do better than this.” He urged me, but I could sense teasing in his tone.

I gritted my teeth and stilled myself, determined to show him what I was capable of. I gathered all my strength and went in for another attack, this time putting all my energy into it.

My fist flew through the air with lightning speed, and for a moment I thought I had caught him off guard, but to my surprise, he caught my fist in his hand and held it there, his hold on my hand firm. I struggled to break free, but he held me in place.

“You're getting better, but you're still not thinking like a fighter, my love. A fighter isn't just someone who knows how to throw a punch; A fighter is someone who thinks several steps ahead, who can detect their opponent's moves and adapt accordingly. You're trying too hard to hit me, instead of trying to outsmart me. You need to use your brain as well as your hands. Let's try that again.” He smiled.

I took a deep breath and tried to clear my mind. He was right, I was so focused on hitting him that I wasn't thinking about what I was doing or why I was doing it.

"Alright, I'm ready." I sighed and he smiled.

"Good, now we're getting somewhere. Let's try again, and this time focus on the bigger picture. Think about what you're trying to achieve, and how to get there.” He said and I nodded.

I nodded and pulled my fist out of his grasp. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, trying to quiet the thoughts that were whirling through my head. I needed to get stronger and I also needed to remind myself that I am no weakling, and I depend on one for help. I've got to do this.

I imagined myself as a chess piece, moving across the board towards my opponent's king. I opened my eyes and made a fighting stance, ready to strike.

Damon's eyes narrowed as he observed my change in demeanor. He took a fighting stance of his own, smiling at me.

“Good, now try to be unpredictable. Don't make it obvious what your next move will be. Keep me guessing.” His voice was serious and focused.

I let the tension build in my muscles, waiting for the right moment to strike. My mind was racing with possibilities, each one sending an electric charge through my body.

Then, I saw my opening and I took it. My fist flew towards him with lightning speed, and he barely managed to block it this time. Damn! That's more like it.

I smiled to myself as I saw the shock in his face. He hadn't expected me to strike so quickly, and I could tell he was impressed. I used that to my advantage, continuing to strike with speed and power. He managed to block most of my blows, but a few managed to land, and I could see his defenses starting to crumble.

Just as I was about to launch my final attack, he surprised me by moving in close and grabbing my arms. I didn't get the chance to react as he had me in a tight hold, his arms wrapped around me like steel bands.

Panic coursed through my veins as I tried to break free, but his grip was too strong for me. I tried to twist and turn, but he held me fast. I could feel my heart racing and my breath coming in quick gasps. I felt like a trapped animal, my instincts telling me to fight, but my rational mind telling me to be calm. I took a deep breath and tried to focus.