Chapter 116

116.

Author's POV

Panicked, Damon carried Elora and quickly kept her on the bed while shaking her and calling her name.

"Help! Somebody call the doctor!" He yelled.

*

On the other hand, while Lucian and Zora were talking with Martha, they heard Damon's voice.

"Wait... you heard that?" Martha asked.

"Yeah, I do, felt like Damon's voice screaming for help." Zora answered, widening her ears to hear more.

"Wait, Martha, you need to go, Zora, let's go check." Lucian suggested and Zora agreed.

They bade Martha bye, while she emphasized that they bringing an end to Elora very soon.

*

They arrived at Elora's chamber and already saw that the guards had called a doctor, the doctor was checking on her while Damon was pacing up and won curiously and worriedly.

Watching Elora in pain almost made Zora giggle but Lucian pinched her and she made a straight pitiful face.

"Um, Beta Damon, what...what is wrong with our queen?" She asked worriedly.

"I don't know Zena, she passed out, I'm waiting for the doctor to be done examining her so I will know what happened to her." Damon answered and she nodded, scratching the back of her head.

The doctor examined Elora and checked her purse, her heartbeat, and even her eyes.

Her face looked pale and her lips grey and dry.

He gave her some injections before checking her heartbeat again.

He sighed and looked at Damon with a concerned face.

Damon's heart skipped.

"What happened to her doc? Is she alright? Will she be fine?" Damon questioned nervously.

Zora and Lucian immediately thought of it as the poison, but they wanted to be sure, they eagerly waited for the doctor's response.

"The Luna is not fine, she was poisoned." The doctor announced.

Damon opened his mouth, searching for words to reply.

"Yeah but, she was fine, she was poisoned the first time and you were the one that healed her, am I right?" Damon asked.

"I knew it!" Zora exclaimed a loud, Damon gave her a suspicious look.

Lucian immediately pushed her.

"Um, I mean, I was suspecting um..." She paused.

Damon glared at her before looking at the doctor.

"The poison was a slow poison, I thought we had cured it not knowing that it was Killing her slowly." The doctor explained.

Damon's eyes looked red, raging in anger, he grabbed the doctor and pinned him to the wall.

"How could you be so careless! Didn't you know your job!" Damon thundered.

"Um, your highness, please take it easy, it might not be his fault." Luca said, holding Damon's band back.

Damon let him go, and the doctor looked scared.

"Forgive me, Beta Damon, I really thought..."

"I don't care about what you thought, what is her condition now is all I care about!" Damon spat.

The doctor stared at the ground.

"I'm talking to you! What is her condition? She will be fine right!" Damon shouted.

"I...I really can't say anything for now, the poison had destroyed the most important cells in her body, and most importantly, her immune system has become so weak that it's not responding to the injections and antibiotics I'm giving her." The doctor explained.

Damon looked frozen, tears streaming down his eyes.

"No, please, you have to think of something, I can't lose Elora, she has been through a lot, please save her." Damon pleaded folding his hands.

"We just have to continue trying, but with what I'm seeing now, I don't think she will live." The doctor said and took his kit and left.

Zena was trying her best not to laugh.

"Um, Beta Damon, we can't let her Highness die, she has been nothing but nice to us, that is why we want to help her, we can save her life." Zena exclaimed.

Damon wiped his tears and looked at her.

"The doctor said it's almost impossible to save her life, what miracle can you perform?" Damon asked.

"He said almost, not totally impossible, there is still an atom of hope, look, I know you cared about Luna Elora so much and so do we, I know we haven't informed you but we grew up in a place that is full of traditional herbs and medicines, we are aquatinted with a lot of poison, please let us try." Zena retorted.

Luca didn't understand the plan at first but Zena signalled him to go along.

Damon looked skeptical, and Luca noticed that.

"We came to this pack with nothing, but Her Highness gave us everything, the only reward we can give her is to heal and cure her, if she doesn't get better in a week, give us any punishment you want, just allow us to try." Luca stated.

Damon stared at Elora, and even know he didn't welcome the idea but for her, he have to try. He cannot afford to risk her life when there might be a solution.

He exhaled deeply.

"If anything happens to her, you two will be held responsible for it." He warned.

"The only thing we will get from you is a juicy reward, we will finally achieve our long-time dream." Luca replied.

"Dream?" Damon asked.

"No, um, he meant that it has been our dream to do something good for Luna Elora, to repay her kindness and for taking us as her family, we have finally gotten the opportunity to do that, I promise you, what we are going to do to her, you and everyone will never forget about it." Zena answered and grinned at Luca, who understood she was just talking in codes.

Damon nodded.

"Then start the medication immediately." Damon ordered.

"Sure, we will." Luca replied.

Damon stared at Elora one more time.

"Please do anything to save her, I don't want to lose her, please." Damon pleaded.

"Don't worry, trust us, we also don't want to lose her." Zena said and chuckled at her

Damon planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I know you are strong enough to fight through this baby, you will be fine, I promise you." Damon said and walked out of the chambers, even though he felt suspicious of Luca and Zena, Elora had trusted them and so far had not given him any reason to doubt them, but something in his heart didn't feel right, so he decided to keep an eye on them.