Chapter 70

**Damon's POV**

I swung on the chair in the office as I looked at the business proposal sent by Alpha Norman of Shadow Clan Pack. From my research, he was a very powerful Alpha and was a business associate with Elora's father before his death.

I had gone through his profile and also did some research. He was a good man, and wasn't involved in any fraudulent activities like the miscreants the late Alpha worked with before.

Elora walked in, looking exhausted. I smiled at her. “Why do you look like you just got beaten by a bear?” I asked.

She walked to where I sat and slumped on my body. “I'm so tired.”

“It's only 11am.” I laughed and she pouted.

“So? Can't you see I'm not in the mood for stress today?” She rolled her eyes cutely. “I've been working on some files brought in about Zora's father since morning and haven't had the time to eat or rest.”

I smiled and made her sit on my lap. She wrapped her hands around my neck. “So, what do you want to eat?” I asked.

“You,” She replied and my eyes widened. My heart skipped a bit and I cleared my throat to stop the blush that was coming up my cheeks. She suddenly burst into laughter. “Oh my gosh, you blushed.”

“No, I didn't.” I looked away but she turned my face to look back at her.

“You can't deny it, Damon. I saw you. I can't believe you blushed because of something I said.” She laughed again.

I chuckled. “You shouldn't have said something like that. I was surprised because I was supposed to say that.” I smiled and she kissed me.

“Well, I decided to try it out on you today, and guess what? You blushed! Wait till I tell Elder Blake about this.” She laughed and I shook my head.

“I'm glad you're smiling like this, and I'm going to make sure you keep smiling, Elora.” I said to her.

“You're my hero.” She pecked my forehead.

“And you're my sunshine,” I said and she smiled. “Now, let me take you out to eat because I'm sure you wouldn't want a private lunch in the cafeteria today.”

“Oh, please,” She stood up and chuckled.

I closed the contract I was reading and picked my car keys. We left the company, holding hands till we got to the car.

When we entered, I drove us to a nearby restaurant, known as one of the best in the pack. The late Luna opened it herself and trained most of the palace maids. Their meals were the best, and yup, very expensive too but it's worth it, though the royals don't pay for it since they're the owners.

When we entered, the maids and waitresses bowed down and took us to the royal table. When we were seated, they took our orders.

Annabel looked around. “This place reminds me of my mother. I remember how she would bring me here everyday to watch her cook. She was the best cook in the kingdom and the maids loved her because sometimes, she would join them in making breakfast or dinner if she's free. It's really not the same without her.” She smiled.

I intertwined our fingers and smiled at her. “She was a wonderful woman, and I know she's happy that you're becoming more like her too.”

She looked and smiled at me. Food was served and we started eating.

“So, what did you find out about Zora's father?” I asked and she sighed.

“That man is a sleazeball, a very sly wolf. He has duped my father of a lot of money. The company he is in currently was my father's idea but after father fell sick, he stole the designs and together with the money he laundered, built the company. Do you even know the worst part,” She snickered, a mischievous look on her face. “He foolishly built it on my father's land.”