Chapter 62

**Author's POV**

“Are you really leaving?” The old woman, who harboured Dexter asked.

Dexter sighed. “Yes. I have an unfinished business that needs to be taken care of immediately.” He answered and she sighed.

“What about the people you said were coming for you? What are you going to do about them?” She asked.

“I don't think they'd want me for now, ma'am. Thanks for allowing me stay here even though you don't know me. When I become the Alpha of this pack, I'll treat you well.” He smiled and walked away.

“Alpha of the pack?” The woman questioned herself but she shrugged it ohg, deciding not to think too much about it.

Dexter was able to take a secret route where only he was aware of. No one would ever see him around there. He followed that place to the house he had bought. The house was Faraway from the palace and no one would even guess he was there, except people that knew him of course.

He met Elder Brent standing in front of his house and facepalmed. “Why is this fool here?” He questioned himself as he approached the man.

When Elder Brent turned and saw him approaching, he sighed in relief. “Praise be to the moon goddess for sparing you. I was so worried. Where did you go to?” He asked.

“What matters is that I'm back, Brent.” Dexter rolled his eyes and entered the house. Brent went after him immediately.

“We need to save the other elders, Alpha Dexter. They were caught as well.” He relayed.

“How's that my business?” He asked, not sparing Elder Brent a chance. He had no idea why the elders were so foolish. They didn't plan carefully and now they were caught, so what is his business with them now? They should suffer for their stupidity.

Elder Brent was shocked to hear what Dexter was saying. “What? These are elders that planned with you, Beta Dexter. You have to find a way to bring them out of there. Elora is very angry and I'm certain it won't be long before she passes judgment on them.” He expressed his concerns but Dexter couldn't care less.

“I don care about what's going to happen to them. We made a plan and they spoiled it. They got caught because they couldn't do anything right!” He snapped and Elder Brent gasped, not believing his ears.

As far as he knew, they all followed a plan made by Beta Dexter. It wasn't the elders fault that they got caught. They only relaxed thinking their plans had worked only to realize that it was thwarted by Damon, and then it was already too late to bring things back.

Elder Brent sighed. “Damon is the reason why your plan failed.” He revealed and Dexter turned to look at him.

“You mean that fool that claimed to be her mate and stole the beta position?” He asked.

“Yes. He tricked me and Elder Blake and didn't disclose any of his plans to us. He just told the Luna what he had planned and when we got to the palace the next day, thinking he was going to tell us his plans, we discovered the men you sent to contaminate the water were already caught.” Brent explained.

Dexter balled his fist. His face contorted into a frown and he growled angrily.

“Damon! How dare that fool! How dare that imbecile thwart my plan, huh?” He yelled in a fit of rage.

Brent shuddered. “If you want your plans to work, you need to make sure Damon isn't by her side anymore. He is protecting her. With him, things would be difficult. I also heard that Elora sued Mr. Watson, Zora's father and gave Zora poison to eat. The girl is in the pack hospital as we speak.” He narrated everything that happened to Dexter, who was boiling with rage.

“How am I going to get rid of that pest!” He snapped and wondered as he walked to and fro in his spacious living room.

“How about a set up?” Brent suggested.

“Go on…” Dexter urged him, finding the suggestion interesting.

“You know Elora is the Luna, so we can't set her up but we could try setting Damon up instead. That way, Elora would get mad at him and worse, send him away. That way, we would have access to her.” He explained, making Dexter smile widely.

“That's a spectacular idea. And I have just the right thing in mind.” He smirked, already bubbling with excitement that he had seen something to use against their relationship.

***

THE HOSPITAL

Zora's eyes fluttered open as she scanned the place. When she discovered that she had survived the poison and was alive, she couldn't help the feeling of joy that crept into her heart.

If she had died, she would have begged the moon goddess for a second chance to get her Revenge on Elora for almost killing her.

Her stomach grumbled and instantly she knew she was hungry. She couldn't believe how it happened so fast. From her princess-like lifestyle to this mess. Before all this, all she had to do was make a request and whatever she wanted would be given to her, but here, her status had been reduced to that of a maid. That's not even all, her father was sued as well, and she knew that even if she came out of where she was, there was no way she would get her old life back.

“This is all your fault, Elora. This is all your damn fault!” She exclaimed angrily.

She went silent for a while and thought of the possible solution to this. She reflected on so many things and realized that if she wanted Revenge against Elora, she was supposed to be alive doing it. And here? If she remained here, she knew Elora was going to kill her for sure.

After weighing the pros and cons of the situation, she sighed heavily and finally made her decision.

She was going to run away from the pack with Lucien and then find ways of coming back for her Revenge.