Chapter 110

Martha arrived at the palace and went straight to the kitchen as if she was one of the chefs.

As she alighted inside the kitchen, she was welcomed by a dozen chefs all cooking something different and minding their business.

Martha scratched her hair nervously and bit her lips, thinking of how to start a conversation when a voice brought her in.

"Um...sorry, do you need something?" One of the chefs questioned, staring closely at Martha.

"Um, hahaha, nothing, I just loved watching how you guys perform miracles, I mean, from just mixing a lot of ingredients to having the results of the best tasty foods." Martha chuckled, which appeared fake.

"Thanks but if you don't need anything, you are not allowed to be in here because you are not one of us." The chef said again.

"Oh, yeah, yeah." Martha giggled.

"By the way, what are you guys doing after this?" Martha inquired whining her teeth.

"We are to deliver the food to the dungeon."

She answered.

"Aww, you guys are doing a nice job, I would love to join you, after all, I'm not doing anything and I don't want to become idle, you know an idle man was said to be a devil workshop." Martha requested.

"No, thanks, you can't join us, you are Luna's personal maid and you know how much trouble you can get in and as well get us in if we allow you, so please kindly leave, let's get these things done." The chef pleaded.

"Since when the Luna fell Ill, Damon had stopped anyone from coming closer to her or feeding her and it's really affecting me, you see, with no friends, no one to interact with, and no work to do, I feel bad and alone, please let me take the food to the dungeon, besides what do you have to lose? I'm sure I will be back in no time and no one will even notice, please, please, please don't say no, please." Martha kept on pleading with saint puppy eyes while folding her hands.

The chef sighed.

"This is really dangerous, but it's fine, just be very careful, if you mess this up, I don't want to be caught in it, please, take it to Elder Blake." She said and that made Martha happy. Her was was becoming easier than she thought.

Martha jumped happily and hugged her.

"Aren't you so sweet, thank you so much, I promise to be careful." Martha exclaimed.

"Good, wait while I arrange the food." The chef said.

Martha folded her hands under her chin and gasped with a smile, her heart raced with joy.

"It was so easy." She muttered gently and thought of Dexter's threat which didn't sound empty at all, she knew how dangerous and cunning he could be and it was better not to be on his bad side.

As the chef handed her the tray, she quickly stopped grinning and made that innocent quiet face.

"Thank you so much, I will be careful." Martha muttered and marched out of the kitchen, she went behind the door and dropped the tray on the floor, then quickly looked left and right ensuring that no one was seeing her, then she lifted her head head and slid her hands inside her pants and removed a powdered poison that Alpha Dexter had given her.

She recalled what he told her.

*Flashback*

"This poison was specially made, and it's very effective, just one spoon and that evil betrayer will join his ancestors and route in hell, coz that's what he deserves." Alpha Dexter exclaimed clasping his hands behind his back while Martha bowed her head down because she dared not look him in the eyes.

"But what if...."

"There is no what if Martha! If I were you, I would start thinking of a way to get this done already, leave." Alpha Dexter ordered her and she started walking.

"And keep one thing in mind, is either that betrayer joins his ancestors or you join yours and have to chill with the Moon goddess if you fail this mission." His voice made her pause, speaking in a low authoritative voice.

"Yes." Martha answered and marched out of the room.

*

*End of flashback*

As she sprinkled the powered poison in it, her body was literally shaking out of fear that she would be caught, she quickly returned the rest of the poison to her pants Pocket and used her thump to stir the soup, then looked left and right and hurriedly picked the tray from the ground, exhaled deeply and headed to the gate of the palace where she joined the rest of the maids who are to deliver to same dungeon.

Each maid took a lane and she quickly took hers too and they marched to the Dungeon.

Other foods were given to her to deliver and she did, but she already marked the one she had poisoned especially for Elder Blake.

With an ike, she walked to Elder Blake's cell and grinned.

"Time to say goodbye, old man." Martha said in her mind.

"Elder Blake, it's time for food," Martha called out but heard no response.

"Elder Blake!" She yelled out loud but received the same result, she felt impatient, her throat felt numb, and he had to eat this food no matter what.

"Elder Blake, where are you? Your food is getting cold." She called out again, this time using all her strength to shout.

She panicked.

"Guards! Guards!" Martha yelled and two guards rushed to the scene.

"Is everything okay, Young lady?" The Eldest guard asked.

"I...I can't hear from Elder Blake, I had been calling out his name to collect his food but he wasn't answering." Martha explained.

"I'm scared, what if he is dead? Oh my God, that will be so sad, he is already an old man, I mean, looking at the condition of this place, it won't take an hour for the young to also die, and in his case, he is already old too, maybe you should check please."

She added, looking sympathetic but praying in her mind that he died because that would make her work easier.

The guards looked at each other and chuckled which made Martha wonder what was funny.

They then returned their gaze to her.

"Such a poor girl, you don't have to worry, Elder Blake is safe, he is not in the cell anymore." The second one announced

Martha felt sweat gathering on her forehead.

"But...but, where was he transferred to?" She asked, her body already shaking.

"He wasn't transferred, he was released by the Luna before she fell sick." The first guard answered and she felt her mouth open wide, her throat dry, and saw everything crumbling and her plans shattered.

"Oh no!" She muttered feeling defeated.