Chapter 100

Author's POV.

Damon rushed out of the bathroom with Elora who fainted in his arms, he placed her gently on the bed, he checked her pulse, his heart pounding in fear.

"Elora, can you hear me, please say something." He urged, he stood up mindlessly walking around the house as he mind linked the pack's doctor immediately.

"Come to the Luna's room immediately." He blocked the mind link after.

The door opened and the doctor rushed in, "What happened to the Luna?"

"She fainted." Damon replied.

The doctor checked Elora, checking her temperature. "How long has she fainted?" he asked.

Damon checked the wall clock, "a few minutes."

"She just fainted due to shock, she'll wake up in the morning." He said, Damon sighed in relief as he watched the doctor walk out.

Damon sat on the bed, shifting Elora close to him, he began brushing her hair,
stroking her cheek. Her skin was warm, it wasn't a fever, but that didn’t mean anything.

It scared him to see her that way, it made him worry even more that she had collapsed on the spot.

He thought of what she might have seen, he didn't see anything she saw and this made him scared . He was supposed to protect her from any danger.

He stood up, rushing to the bathroom, he stared at the wall, trying to see if he could find anything.

He couldn't see the blood on the wall, he looked under the sink, there was no sign of blood, but he felt uneasy.

He sighed, returning back to the room, sitting at the end of the bed, Elora curled into his chest. She was small compared to his muscular body, his arms engulfed most of her small form. His chest moved up and down slightly, the steady beating calming Elora.

He linked his hands with hers, rubbing soothing circles with his thumbs.
He wanted to believe that everything would be okay. But something told him otherwise. Something was wrong, so very wrong.

"I'll protect you, no matter what." He linked his hands, holding her close. He closed his eyes, willing himself to sleep, but he shook his head refusing to sleep.
******
A yawn made Damon wake up immediately, blinking rapidly, he rubbed his face trying to clear the fog from his mind.

Elora was still sleeping soundly, her chest rising up and down peacefully. He smiled slightly, watching her breathe, a soft smile tugged his lips upwards.

Elora stood up, her eyes red rimmed. She wiped away the tear tracks on her cheeks.
He sat up straighter watching her, "you're awake!" He said smiling, and she returned his grin.

"I'm not feeling that great, my head is hurting, my whole body feels weird." Her shoulders began shaking slightly, Damon quickly jumped off the bed, pulling Elora close, she let out a whimper, he held her, stroking her back, shushing her.

"It's okay, you'll be fine." Damon wrapped his arm around her, she nuzzled closer.

She shook her head, screaming in pain as she clutched her abdomen, " I feel sick!" He held her tighter, stroking her back reassuringly, mind linking the pack's doctor immediately.

Elora let out another scream before collapsing to the bed, she groaned softly as she laid down panting.

The doctor walked in, checking Elora 's vitals, "she's fine, only exhausted." He reassured Damon. Damon frowned as the doctor said Elora is fine.

"How am I fine?"Elora glared at the doctor as she held her tummy, my abdomen felt like it was erupting." Elora yelled.

"Calm down Luna, I'll check again." The Doctor said nervously, he stared at Damon who gave him a go ahead.

Elora suddenly screamed when the doctor walked closer, she began vomiting blood,
Damon rushed forward catching Elora just as she vomited the blood, Elora was struggling weakly, her body shaking violently.

"Don't move." Damon ordered the doctor as he kept Elora from falling.

"You said nothing was wrong with her." Damon barked, his hands filled with Elora blood.

"I've checked and there's nothing wrong, I don't know why she's vomiting." The doctor said, his heart beating with fear as she stared at the Luna.

"Then stop her bleeding, what type of doctor are you?" Damon backed, his heart pounding frantically, he couldn't imagine a world without Elora in it.

She kept shaking and vomiting blood, as the doctor tried to stop it, Damon watched helplessly as the doctor staunch the bleeding using whatever he could reach.

Elora continued to vomit, making Damon more scared, the door opened and Zora and Lucien walked in, a knowing smile on their faces, knowing the poison is working.

They began panicking with the doctor and Damon, "Luna, are you okay?" Zora asked.

"Let me help her." Zora walked closer to Elora.

Damon blocked her immediately, "Don't touch her, stay back." He didn't like them or how they just rushed in like this, he didn't even trust them.

"I know things like this, and I hope I'm wrong because it's similar to something I've seen before." Zora said and Damon gave her the chance to touch Elora, she injected Elora with something, making the blood stop immediately.

Elora was breathing heavily now, her body relaxed. Damon helped her sit up leaning against the pillows behind her, "Are you alright?" Damon asked.

"Doctor, what exactly is wrong with her?" Damon asked

"I think it's poison." Zora announced, Damon ignored her refusing to answer her, his eyes on the doctor as he waited for him to say something.

"She's poisoned." The doctor replied shakily, Damon gasped in disbelief, his jaw hanging open. "But how-"

"How is that possible?" Damon interrupted looking between Zora and the doctor.

"It's a very deadly poison." The doctor answered, Damon's expression changed. It felt like his world came crashing down, as he realized what it meant and how badly he failed Elora, he couldn't believe his ears.

It felt like his promise to protect her wasn't fulfilled as he heard of this, he turned to Elora who stared at the doctor in shock wondering how she was poisoned.