Chapter 91

Elder Blake snuck out of the palace and made his way to the location Dexter had given him. Dexter's joy was boundless when Elder Blake told him he had the stamp, but that joy didn't do away with his common sense.

When Elder Blake got there, he placed a knock on the door and it opened.

“Come in,” He heard Dexter's voice from within, and it sent chills down his body.

With shaky hands and feet, he found himself moving to the direction the voice came from. He saw different people on the floor, bound with chains and felt bad for them. He prayed his daughter was fine.

“Dexter.” He called when he got to where Dexter was seated.

“I have nothing to say to you, old man. Our deal ends here,” He stretched out his hand and Elder Blake sighed, bringing out the stamp.

Dexter smiled the moment the stamp entered his hand. He gestured for those with him to release the girl and they did.

“Now, get the fuck out of here!” He snapped at the old man and returned his gaze to the stamp in his hand.

Elder Blake held Elena's hand and rushed out of the place with her. When they got to the middle of the road, he asked her to rush home and that he needed to go to the palace first.

“Father, will you be okay?” She asked because he looked exhausted and like he wasn't going to make it.

“Don't worry about me.” He smiled at her and she ran off.

“I'm sorry, Elora.” He whispered to himself as he forced himself out of the place.

When he finally reached the gate to the palace, Elora was also coming in with Damon after her training.

“Elder Blake!” She called with a smile and rushed to meet him. “Where are you coming from?” She flashed him a smile but he was too weak to reply her. Elora and Damon noticed this and they held him.

“Are you okay?” They asked.

He coughed out blood and collapsed. Elora gasped. She quickly mind linked the pack doctor and Damon carried Elder Blake to her room and laid him down on the bed.

“What could be wrong with him?” Elora asked no one in particular. She was becoming worried about him and it was driving her nuts.

Damon folded his hands as he looked at Elder Blake. Elora wondered why he didn't look as worried as she was, guessed maybe it was because she was closer to Elder Blake than him.

She sighed and held his hand. “Nothing will happen to you, okay? You'll be fine. Just hang in there.” She bent her head as she waited for the doctor's arrival.

They heard a knock on the door and Damon went to get it. He opened the door and the doctor rushed in.

“Please, check on him,” Elora told her and she nodded.

She checked on him and gave him some medications. A few minutes later, his breathing was back to normal and Elora sighed in relief.

“He had a panick attack and it affected his blood pressure. He shouldn't be allowed to do heavy tasks and please, let him avoid anything that'd stress him especially mentally. I've given him some drugs and he should wake up in the evening.”

Elora nodded and the doctor left.

“You must be wondering why I'm so worried about him, right?” She asked Damon.

“Yeah.” He answered.

She sat down and smiled. “This man you see here has done a lot for me. When no one believed in me, he did. He didn't allow the elders to take all my rights away and that's why I was still able to take my father's throne back from Dexter's grip.

He's someone I can trust without batting an eyelid. He's a father.

Damon smiled. “He'll be fine.” He assured her and she nodded with a smile.

The door opened and Zora entered with Lucien.

“What happened?” Zora asked.

“Nothing serious. He'll be fine.” Elora answered them.

“Could you two step out for a while? He needs as much air as he can get.” Damon folded his hands.

Elora wasn't even in the mood to tell them anything. She just wanted Elder Blake to feel better.

“Can't we stay here?” Lucien pouted but a glare from Damon made him shut his mouth.

Zora held him and walked out of the room with him.

“You don't have to be too hard on them, Damon.”bEloea finally spoke up.

“I'm not being hard on them, I just want them to know that people should have boundaries.” Damon replied.

Elora sighed and looked at Elder Blake.

***

Dexter held the stamp box in his hand and smiled. Finally, he had the ultimate weapon he'd use to bring Elora down for good. Who knew using her trusted Elder would work so fast. He wanted Elora to go through pain and that was going to become an accomplishment soon.

He could already picture her in pain and begging for him to spare her. Her cries of pain were going to be like music to his ears and he couldn't wait.

“Bring me the papers. Before I attack, I must have enough army.” He commanded his followers and one of them rushed to bring the letters he had written to different packs to imploy men for him. With this royal stamp, they would have no choice but to obey him and do as he had told them.

He needed men for when he was going to wage war on White Tide Pack. He was too excited.

The papers came and he glanced through them.

He took the stamp box and brought the stamp out, then stamped them on each of the leyhers and handed it over to the men to distribute to the pack's that he had their names listed on it.

“Elora, Elora, Elora, enjoy your peace now because very soon, I'm going to rain fire and brimstone on that pack. I'm going to forcibly take back what you took away from.me and I'll make sure your death will even be worse than that of your parents. I won't show you an iota of mercy. You'll pay dearly!”

****

That evening, Elora had refused to eat. She was busy watching Elder Blake to make sure he had woken up. She was so worried about him and hated how pale he looked. It made her wish she could take the pain away from him but that wasn't possible.

If if was possible, she would give it a try. She loved him so much and can't bear seeing him like this continuously.

As she watched him, his eyes suddenly snapped open and she gasped.

“You're awake!” She didn't know when she hugged him.

He winced in pain and she pulled back.

“Sorry! I'm so happy you made it!” She beamed excitedly.

Elder Blake sighed and sat up. “Elora, I'm happy you care about me this much but I'm afraid I've betrayed you and the pack.” He lowered his head.

Elora was confused. “What are you talking about? Betrayal?” She chuckled. “Stop joking around when you're not feeling too well. I know you too well and if there's something I'm sure of, it's that you won't betray your pack.”

“Elora, I'm being serious here. I don't want to die with this guilt in my heart and that's why I'm telling you this. I've done something very terrible.” He looked serious and Elora couldn't help but become nervous.

What was he talking about? She looked at Damon, shi shrugged.

“What did you do?” She asked.

Elder Blake heaved a deep sigh. “Remember the royal stamp you showed me this morning?” He asked and she nodded.

“Yeah, what about it?” She was starting to feel uneasy.

“I stole it and gave it to Dexter.” He revealed.

Elora felt like a bomb just exploded in her head. “You did what!”