The Uprising

Tony's POV

I've been on the run for a while now, But I guess fate is a cruel mistress. After running for maybe a couple of years, stealing what I could to get by, Living among the trees with the creatures of the Elorian woods and evading any other humans I see. I couldn't trust anyone, and I made sure to live my life by that rule. But now, I'm 19 years old, I'm at that point where I should be looking for a partner at least. Maybe I should go back to the city one last time. I mean I've faked it for three years, It can't be that hard. Stupid magistrate, why did they make it so fucking hard for me to get a job just because I can't do magic. I mean yeah I can fake it but it's all just tricks, and because the other Magi don't know the difference I can get by with stealing. I guess learning how to use the darkness is a good thing, Also these guys are Magi, who the fuck thinks of pre uprising technology? Looking around the woods in my vicinity, all I see are trees, older than the world itself... OK that's not possible but ever since the uprising, changing our dates, our years our moths. We started a whole new world and now I'm stuck in this world while my friends were all killed and cast out by their former mates. For what? Not having magic inside them? Yes I understand the process but not everyone is born with it. And not every human helped to kill during the events that took place. Millions of people died, both Human and Magi and now, with the humans being defeated, the Magi have been hunting us to extinction, they want to start a new world with "the right people." in other words. Wipe out humans.

????: "Hey... "

I flinched at the sound, looking around me but noticing no one among the tree tops. I sighed and leant back against the tree I was currently sitting on before hearing the voice again.

????: "I know you are there. Just come down so I can see you. Are you hungry?"

I looked down to see the figure where the voice came from, He sounded concerned which worried me. Only Magi come into this part of the woods! And hiding up top was the best chance I had as long as I didn't make a sound. And when I'm asleep that's hard to do because I'm pretty sure I snore. I sighed before standing on my feet. I looked down to see him smiling at me and I took in his features. The green eyes, the dark hair. Hm, I wonder what he can do? In any Case I looked up and planned my route before Jumping, launching myself from the branches and the large trunks, Making sure I didn't make a sound. But I knew he was following me, I also knew this made me look guilty, but guilty of what exactly? Being human? Being myself. I might not be able to cast a simple spell but at least I don't have to worry about my life.

????: "Can you please stop running."

He said, Worry lacing his tongue.

????: "I'm not going to hurt you."

I didn't take any chances in looking back as I Hopped from one tree to another, Why hadn't this guy used Magic yet?

????: "Come on dude we aren't getting anywhere."

He called out in the hopes of getting me to stop, but that wasn't why I stopped my movements. What stopped me was the genuine fact that he didn't use Magic to stop me.

Tony: "What are you doing?"

I called out below. Letting him catch up while he caught his breath, He was pretty cute.

????: "I'm trying to make you stop running. Can you come down here and at least try to talk to me please?"

I debated whether to leave my perch, He hadn't used magic yet, and I was getting hungry.

Tony: "You got food?"

????: "Tonnes."

I heard my stomach grumble again, I checked my pockets to find my knife sitting gently just underneath it, Bobby pins sewn into my clothes to pick the locks. I don't know why the magi, magicians of the new world order, decided to keep old buildings around. They can create An inferno in a second. But God forbid someone makes a key.