Please... Leave (Behzerkaa)

Josh's POV

I hate this place more so than anyone else before me. Whether that was because of the people here or the shifts I had to work, But in all actuality, I hate it here because of "Him"

Zach: "Mr Bradley are you ready?"

Josh: "Yeah, I'm ready."

Another session just like always. Talk to him, get to know him. Find out more about him and then get the fuck out.

Zach: "He's been a bit on the volatile side today."

Josh: "Gee thanks Zach."

Zach: "On the plus side I guess, he only really asks for you now, He won't ask for anyone else."

Yeah yeah I get it.

Josh: "Any recent incidents?"

Zach: "Nothing outside of the usual. Just don't make him angry."

Josh: "Yeah, I know. Alright... I, I'm ready."

Zach: "Are you sure?"

Josh: "Yep."

I was hesitant, this was either going to make or break me, literally. I was either going to walk away and have fixed him, or I will die in this room and it's now or never. As I watched Zach open the door, I put on my best worried face before I stepped inside the room. Seeing him standing on the other side of the room looking out the window. I heard the door close behind me and I couldn't help but sense that this would be the last time I would be here. I looked over at him and I could barely keep my emotions in check. Why the fuck, out of everyone in the world, did I have to fall in love with, and be loved in return, by a serial killer?

Josh: "Hey."

My voice soft and careful. I watched his head turn before his eyes widened, his smile appeared and you could see the happiness in his eyes. He walked over to me quickly and engulfed me in a hug, holding me close whole I wrapped my arms around him too.

????: "Joshy, I didn't think you were going to come?"

Josh: "I wouldn't miss this for the world Ethan."

I watched his smile as he giggled softly, his body was so warm and even though he was here in maximum security all the time, having murdered past inmates, yet surprisingly only the really evil ones. He was paired up with a pedophile at first. Got caught raping kids and the police found bodies of missing children in his basement. The Bajancanadian he was called, some fucking horrible person and while he slept, Ethan sliced his throat without remorse. His second room mate was scared. He was put on trial and found guilty for a murder he didn't commit, Everyone knew it but he didn't show up to caught due to getting in a car crash. Instead of post phoning. The judge ordered him 6 months in prison... Ethan got along with him like a house on fire. Making sure he was happy and felt safe. I guess when your bottom bunk partner is England's most notorious serial killer. You learn pretty quickly if you are going to be friends or not. Until the sentence was up, Ethan kept an eye on him and always kept everyone else off his back. Lachlan was a very lucky man.

Ethan: "Joshy I thought you were going to not come back. I was so worried about you, I uh... I thought something had happened to you."

Josh: "Oh baby no, No of course nothing happened. I wouldn't miss this for... The world."

The smile on his face wavered a little and it got me scared. He didn't seem so happy all of a sudden and it reminded me of his third cell mate. He was a horrible man and a Pyromaniac.it was also around the same time I got assigned here to the prison two years ago. I was the key witness in that man's trial and making sure he went to jail. He set fire to buildings whenever he got the chance, relishing in the flames until he got out but his last attack was personal. He set fire to my aunties flower store, killing her and the three staff inside as he blocked their only exits. When I came in the first day to interview Ethan, I felt something inside me change when I saw him. His eyes, his body, his whole personality didn't scream danger, it screamed safe, it screamed help. And I was drawn to him. Quickly making sure my superiors made me his only doctor after proving I was literally in no fear or danger of him. A few sessions after, as we would find time every day Even if I wasn't working. We started talking about family and I told him about the firebug attack. That it had killed my auntie and the staff there. One being a 15 year old kid who just got his first job. The next day I was refused the chance to see Ethan as I was told he was being moved to maximum security after the firebug, Preston his name was, was found dead in his bed that night. Turns out Ethan had taken his pillow out of its case. Soaked it in toilet water then Jammed it down his throat, drowning him.