The Experiment

(It uh... It's not as bad as you think. Trust me. I'm writing it.)

Harry's POV

I can't believe this is it. The day is here and I'm so excited. The biotechnology class is on our way to the revolutionary new medical Centre working towards Vaccines towards the world's worst diseases in a bid to rid the world of bad health and try to help people live a better and longer life. And today we were going to be treated to something absolutely ground breaking, and I was beside myself with joy.

Lachlan: "Did you really just make a beside yourself joke? We look nothing alike."

Harry: "Just because you were Born 2 minutes before I was doesn't mean you can't deny this."

Lachlan and I were what started our love for medicine and science. I mean if anyone looked at us they might think we were together, now if I can have a few minutes to throw up at the thought of being with my twin brother, I can tell you that is absolute shit.

Lachlan: "Shut up we are almost there."

Mitch: "Come on guys we need to be ready, this is huge."

Tobi: "I get that but come on. Do they actually expect this too work?"

Elliott: "It has to work."

Lachlan: "It will don't worry."

Elliott: "No like you don't understand. She's been sick for way too long, If this works. I'd have fulfilled the promise to help her. That's all that matters to me."

Harry: "Hey it will be fine, I promise."

Elliott: "And how do you know that?"

Harry: "I don't, but these guys have been working on this for years. Surely they will have made some progress right?"

Elliott: "Yeah sure."

When we finally arrived, the small shuttle bus having reached its destination. We all got out as we stared at the Centre ahead of us.

Mr Bradley: "Alright guys we are here to observe, listen and take notes. We have been chosen to watch as the first patient is implanted with the ZF Vaccine. We don't know what this will do unless they decide to tell us before hand, and even then they have no obligation. Remember to keep your eyes and ears open and let's head inside."

Our class of a small yet manageable 14 students, followed our professor as he led us into the building, we all stopped and were checked by security, weird I know, before we were allowed to continue with one of the receptionists. As she led us through the building, I couldn't help but wonder what else could possibly be going on in this building.

Receptionist: "So I've heard Mr Bradley that your class was chosen to witness such a monumental advancement in modern medical history. If this goes off without a hitch, we may have very well secured ourselves the Nobel peace prize."

Elliott: "Ma'am if it does pass the tests at hand, how long do you believe it will be before it will be accessible by the public?"

He's desperate, Granted his girlfriend has been sick a long time, her condition hadn't changed.

Receptionist: "Until it has been absolutely perfected and can help combat a disease with at the very least an 80 percent success rate, then it will be released. As for a time, it could take years."

Harry: "Do you ever feel like wanting to invest so much time into something like this only for technology to have advanced further and made the work before hand effectively useless, could put a dampener on the work being made?"

Receptionist: "While I'm just the person up front, I do sometimes think that we are wasting time if technology will eventually be able to fix it all later anyway. But the sooner we can get this out tk the public and saving lives. Then we can guarantee at that point that we have made the world a healthier and better place to live."