Hidden Protector

Mitch's POV

Walking out of school today sucked. Lachlan finished last year and this is my first year on my own. I had experienced bullying in the past and people calling me out on shit at all times for whatever reason they could think of. Whether it was because I was gay, or because of who my brother was. Just, anything they could think of. It was likely thrown at me.

Lachlan: "Bad day?"

Mitch: "Don't even get me started on it. I knew as soon as you and your friends left I'd be fucked on my own."

Lachlan: "That bad?"

Mitch: "I honestly don't know why I can't just drop out and find something else to do. I'm not happy here, I never really have been, and kids are assholes."

Lachlan: "Yeah, kids are something else. Well let's head back home and you can relax for a little bit."

Mitch: "Nah, I got homework to do."

That night I was talking to a few of my friends from other schools but it didn't seem like there was anything that could be done in a sense. It was like they could almost do nothing except watch and wait for the inevitable to happen. While playing games, with them, I had another person following me around in game, kind of like a guardian angel. Shooting down other players nearby, dropping healing items when I was getting low. It was like they just knew what was going on which was weird. They just knew when I was getting low and would drop them. They were like my pack mule or something.

Mitch: "This guy keeps following me around in game."

James: "Taking you out all the Time?"

Mitch: "No helping me. It's weird but I suppose a win is a win."

This happened for about five more games before I decided to head off and get ready for bed. I didn't want to go to school, I didn't want to handle it or grow up and out of it or something. I didn't want anything to do with it, but I still had two more years to go. I didn't have a choice.

The next morning after I got to school, I was on edge. I kept looking around me as if someone was following me. I was stressing out in more ways than one, and I'm sure it showed. I didn't understand why I was being targeted by sly comments or people saying shit about me behind my back. In the fundamental sense. I was fucking hot, I had a toned body, I had the abs, I had the blonde hair like my brother. I was good looking but... I don't know if it was because I was gay or whether they were just jealous of Lachlan or something like that. I don't know.

Lily: "Oi Mitch, what are you doing?"

Mitch: "Walking."

Lily: "Too?"

Mitch: "Class? Where else could I go."

I didn't hear a response from my non existent question. Walking around and not really paying attention to anyone else. It was weird as, half an hour later while sitting in science. I saw Lily walking in with her head down, it was odd because she was the one that had made my life pretty shit so far mentally. In the past couple of years it was just little things, but yesterday and today I know it was a personal attack kind of thing. With her head down I got curious but left it alone. It was five minutes later when the rest of the class started I noticed something was off. She wasn't talking to her friends and her mates were trying to comfort her. I let it go as mr Villiers walked in and started our class. I always did like science but I think I could have applied myself more. I brought my homework when he asked for it, I answered the questions I was called on for. But I always kept going back to thinking about her and what happened. As I got up and packed my bag with the sound of the bell. I stepped outside of class on my way to Computer Tech before I was accosted by her boyfriend Alex. Alex was a meaty son of a bitch and I hated him with every fibre in my body. He pushed hard against my shoulder as he started aggressively asking about Lily and why she was so upset.