My Side Of The Coin

Lachlan's POV

I just don't want it to be awkward, that's the last thing I want.

Jeannie: "Well we are a bit late for that."

Lachlan: "Next time it sounds like I'm saying something that should be internal, Stop me."

Jeannie: "How am I going to do that?"

Lachlan: "I don't know? Throw a pillow at me or something."

Sitting on my bed and making herself comfortable, I found it odd how we managed to get into this situation.

Jeannie: "OK so do you have steps in place to get prepared for this somehow?"

Lachlan: "I'm kind of just going along for the ride hey, I don't know what's going on and I'm kind of scared, What if they get the wrong idea and I can't defend myself, Or what if they srart thinking bad scenarios in my head and I can't sort it out. One of the worst things in the world, Is not being given the chance to explain things from your side of a coin, When you yourself are the one being pushed aside. As soon as one person says something that someone doesn't like or doesn't agree with, you may as well not even bother with how quickly people don't listen."

Jeannie: "Wow you really thought this through didn't you?"

Lachlan: "No I didn't I'm just paranoid as fuck, How am I supposed to do this? I mean I'm pretty sure he already has the wrong idea of what I would have wanted."

OK so maybe that was a slight exaggeration of the situation but it's still true.

Jeannie: "Why not just talk to Simon or Josh tomorrow at school?"

Lachlan: "I'm pretty sure if Harry won't talk to me, none of his friends will either."

Jeannie: "Lachlan for fuck sake you are crushing hard aren't you my boy?"

Lachlan: "Oh shut up. I'm tired, I'm going to hit the hay."

Jeannie: "Alright but you are going to have to talk to someone, I mean on the bright side, you're an attractive man. Why wouldn't they at least give you the chance. It's how social hierarchy works in school."

Lachlan: "Well thanks for the confidence but J doubt that's how it works. Once a rumor is spread that's it. Welcome to real life, Someone only has to say one word and your entire effort and success is practically and instantly diminished."

Jeannie: "Oh please it's not going to be so bad."

Lachlan: "We will see, Goodnight Jeannie. I don't really want to think about it."

The night ended too quickly for my body to recover from, Waking the next morning felt like a struggle. Maybe it was just because I wasn't expecting to have a happy day today.

Jeannie: "I hate that fucking alarm."

Lachlan: "Come on, Up we get."

Jeannie: "Five more minutes?"

Lachlan: "Bitch you sleep like a brick. Five minutes turns into an 8 hour nap."

After getting ready for the day, My uniform in order with the navy blue jacket over the plain Grey pants... At least we look good in these colours. The blonde hair I have makes it seem to work really well.

Jeannie: "Is this a solo day today?"

Lachlan: "Yeah I think so."

After getting ready and walking to school. I felt like crap, something in the pit of my stomach causing me to want to chuck. Luckily my breakfast was staying in me this time.

Jeannie: "I'll see you later OK? If you need anything, just let me know."

Lachlan: "If you hear anything, it wasn't me."

Jeannie: "I don't believe you for a second."

We split when we entered the grounds, Jeannie heading off to find her friends while I just took a deep breath and headed to my little hiding hole. It's a nice little spot behind a few trees and bushes that is still on school grounds.

Lachlan: "Alright at least Jeannie doesn't know how bad it is. Damage control, I need to stick to damage control."

I opened my phone up and started checking social media before giving up. I hadn't received any messages directly but all the passive aggressive posts by classmates was obvious enough that they knew it was me. I didn't even do anything as far as I know.

Vik: "Lachlan?"

Looking up through my hands, I noticed the smaller Indian boy in front of me. Staring at me rather pathetically.

Vik: "If you didn't do anything... Hiding like a little bitch won't help."

Lachlan: "Yeah, I know."

Vik: "Then why hide? It will just make it worse."

Lachlan: "Everyone already believes it Vik, No one, even for a second, doubted it's validity online and yet everyone instantly jumped at me yesterday in school. I guess I'm just lucky that's where it stayed."

Vik: "What do you mean?"

I sat up on my knees, Lifted my shirt and heard him gasp at the small dark bruise forming on the side of my stomach, It wasn't purple or anything yet just a dark brown colour, But it was tender.

Lachlan: "That's only one place, I felt a hit to my back as well but that's all I can see obviously."

As I pressed my shirt back down, Glad Jeannie didn't notice anything this morning as I changed.

Lachlan: "It isn't even necessarily the fact that no one doubted the information given to them, That not for a second did they think to ask me about that stupid thing. They just accepted it."

Vik: "Well I mean, Harry's a bit of a handful on his own, and we are only young, If someone tried to spin a story about you only wanting to get in his pants then throw him away people will likely believe it. But that doesn't mean you can just hide away and let them think what they want."

Lachlan: "Vik if I went out there and started trying to defend myself, I can guarantee you that it won't end well for anyone involved. I can't exactly keep that frustration in if no one will listen in the first place, It's so much easier to just say negative shit than to be a good person and be helpful. Like I can guarantee you if I told people Haley was pregnant people would believe it without question. If I told you Jarrod fucked his dad people would believe it. It's high school Vik, Stupid shit and silly lies get blown way out of context for no reason. It doesn't matter how much I like him if no one is going to let you have the chance to explain yourself anyway. It gets to a point where, I don't even know if it's the truth or not. Do I just want to fuck him or do I still actually really like him?"

Vik: "Well, I hope you figure it out soon."

Lachlan: "Yeah, thanks."

Vik: "Have you tried talking to him?"

Lachlan: "I should slap you."