You Can't Get Out Of This

Vik's POV

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. I've been watching this girl and her friends play Overwatch for about an hour now, almost completely neglecting my own responsibilities. At this present moment I'm using my fake account to watch and chat, What's funny is listening to them continually talk about literally anything that comes to their mind.

Bethany: "Oh my God Aaron you suck what was that?"

Aaron: "I do suck, I'm quite fucking good at it too thank you very much."

Leah: "Oh please you wish."

Bethany: "Leah are you questioning his hoover like ability to suck everything?"

Leah: "Yeah, he's a hoover with a bowling ball stuck in his throat."

Aaron: "If the ball is stuck in my throat where the fuck is the penis?"

It was just stupid, non funny comedy and I think that's why I liked it so much, listening to their conversation flow so naturally as if they were the closest of friends.

Aaron: "Oh hey video dropped."

Bethany: "Video? Which one?"

Aaron: "Vik, Looks like he has an opinion on something."

Leah: "Really?"

Aaron: "Yeah, I'll mute myself and have a listen while we play."

As I heard the familiar Discord sound play as Aaron left the channel, I thought back on the video, basically calling out people of note already backing other high celebratory people in a certain field. For example when two media's clash and come together. I think it's great don't get me wrong and I've been more than generously treated in my time on YouTube but I feel like when you reach a certain point, would it not be more beneficial to try and help others attain a level independence?

Aaron: "And I'm back."

About ten minutes later, Aaron had arrived back in the channel and started to recount what it was I was talking about. Repeating to his two friends about my ideas.

Bethany: "He's a bit of a massive hypocrite though isn't he? I mean he's allowed to say that at his level don't get me wrong, but has he actually tried to help others reach their goals? Or has any of the sidemen done it? No because no one wants to get their hands dirty or associate themselves with someone if the person they help turns out to be a massive cunt."

Leah: "I kind of high key agree with Beth, I mean think about it, they have already made it. Regardless of the fact that more people getting up there means less money spread around, which would suck for anyone, they already put in their hard work. Their blood sweat and tears. Why should they help someone when they have already gone through it all, And likely alone or with their friends. You two have each other but it doesn't matter how much funnier or smarter or better you two are compared to anyone, there are still people like Logan Paul and xqc around who make it a lot harder for people to want to do anything in this industry, and then Witt the people like Vik and the sidemen, or your boyfriend Lachlan, Why should they ever help anyone? They've done it already why give someone else a free ride?"

Aaron: "The difference is, I told Lachlan not to help us, otherwise he would have. And I have a feeling he would probably hate himself if he sees Vik's video because he knows he can help you at the least Beth. It just sucks that you need that base viewers in your chat, in order to try and get more regularly. Obviously someone with 40 viewers is going to grow more and have more people join their stream than someone with 6 viewers. Even if those 6 people campaigned hard to get more people to join. Why should they listen to 6 people when this guy already has 40 people, clearly he is better if more people like them."

Listening to what they were saying, honestly, he was right. If you don't even have that base to jump from then what will people look at? Why would they stay around and hang out? If you don't have many people, you probably aren't worth their time. But if you had say 25 people active or at least watching, then that is seen as a higher grade than someone with 1 viewer. It's honestly how to break the system, share your work, don't just do it, ask people tk share your stuff, there is always a community out there for it.

Aaron: "What would you do if you saw Vik?"

Bethany: "I'd probably punch him once. Maybe that's why Lachlan won't let me go with him to England when he meets up with the boys, although he is in the charity match this year, so I might have to go to that one."

Why would Beth hit me? What did I do?

Leah: "I mean, He has the balls to talk about all that when he himself hasn't exactly done anything, he sure as hell wouldn't reach out and want to play the piano for you Aaron while you sing, he certainly wouldn't want to watch people with less than 100 followers or subscribers or even regular viewers. Look at YouTubers who only ask to work with people either at their own level, only work with people they themselves follow or have a requirement of say 3 million subs or they won't play with them?"

Aaron: "Didn't you do something similar with your book for the amazing race?"

Leah: "Yeah but this was different, I needed to do it based on who I thought I'd be able to email and get into contact with, this was also done with help from my readers with these guys choosing creators they wanted to see not just who I wanted to talk to. And besides, my book is going to be amazing, where as you are still stuck doing karaoke because no one believes in anything, and if you recorded yourself you wouldn't get anywhere because people would think your voice is fake, or you just wanted 15 minutes. And Beth you have no hope actually making anything of yourself right now until you get to at least 10 thousand follower. Or have a regular 50 viewers to share you around."

Im kind of scared of Beth and her friends. Not for the sense of what they were saying, but because it was all true. You need that base you need to share your work or share other people's works with others. Bring in more people. And I know stuff like Twitch and YouTube isn't going to be popular with everyone but still? If you don't have any friends that would even just leave a tab open or listen to a song or something, at least make that incremental total increase steadily, nothing is going to happen...

I logged out of Twitch and lay back on my chair, if that's what those three thought, I'm scared to look at my Twitter feed and mentions. I have a feeling they aren't the only ones thinking like that.

Vik: "Lachlan..."

Lachlan: "Yeah?"

Vik: "I have two questions to ask you."

Lachlan: "Shoot I'm just doing some shopping right now what's up?"

Vik: "What's Bethany's username and who is her friend Aaron, he sounds cute."

Lachlan: "Vik you dick head, if you are asking me who Aaron is, then you already know Bethany's twitch account. And besides, Aaron is kind of cute I guess in a dorky as fuck, weird way."

Vik: "Uh right, anyway I'm going to follow her, shout her out and hopefully bring in some viewers for her."

Lachlan: "Because of your video. Wait let me guess, You were watching her stream and Aaron saw it, started talking about it and because they aren't stupid, hit the nail on the head and got you thinking about how Contradictory you are or how hypocritical you sound? Yeah Aaron messaged me and let me know that Beth wants to hit you. Good luck mate because now. She will likely think I told you to do it so feel free to try and explain your way out of this one.

(Yay personal feelings about a certain topic, it's kind of sad how easy it is to manipulate the analytics of something and still get nowhere but hey. I dragged myself under the bus briefly that counts right?)