An Oddball Part 2

(Honestly, I just want to keep making extra parts to some one-shots I loved because we all need some self-love in our lives, And I'm trying to get into the swing of making myself better and healthier of the mind, What better way than to revisit some of my own favourite one-shots cos I don't have many empty spots left before I start deleting update chapters... And then make more. But honestly like, Read some of my One-shots, Read some others by other people. I'm fucking good at this and I want to make more because I feel like some of the little worlds I've created are brilliant.)

Alex's POV

(6 months Later)

Walking into his old office suite was something I wasn't expecting to have to do at all, I mean at a time, He and I were close friends. I just sort of needed that time to get over myself and my own selfish ways. I might have been cool calm and collected about the situation but honestly. I was still a little cut up about it.

Ryan: "Why is this light on? Wait, Alex?"

Alex: "Hey Ryan."

Looking at the ginormous man in front of me kind of made this slightly harder than it needed to be. Letting out a deep breath I didn't even realise I was holding onto.

Ryan: "You've been gone for months. Wait don't get the wrong idea, I'm happy to see you... But you just kind of vanished."

Alex: "Yeah, I won't lie, That wasn't a good decision for me to make."

Ryan: "Why did you just leave?"

I was about to answer before I heard the Elevator open up to the reception, Hearing her voice cut through was a bit of a shit moment, But I was offered the job back here so I can't really just give up on a sure-fire job you know. I needed the money, I was still talking to Jay and he said he needed help with some things.

Ryan: "Something happened didn't it, Hang on."

As he walked into the room, Cut the blinds and turned the light off, The natural light coming in from the window illuminating the dead room.

Alex: "I..."

He put his finger to his lips quickly, Shutting me up before I sat there for a minute or so before he took his finger away and looked back towards the door.

Ryan: "It was Beth wasn't it?"

Alex: "It wasn't. Not entirely. I just didn't really handle things too well."

Ryan: "Explain what you mean by didn't handle things well?"

Without saying any words, I opened up my bag and just pulled out some paperwork I held onto and needed to show Jay. It wasn't a big thing... Ok to me it wasn't all that bad, But I had no choice but to get him to see it and read it out legally.

Ryan: "And when did this get done?"

Alex: "After what happened at Pax, I ran into Kath and we went and had some lunch as I hadn't eaten. I was glad she didn't mind walking with me, Even if she was in the mood for food or not I enjoyed the company. As we sat down and spoke and introduced ourselves properly. She found out from some people near us about what happened with Lachlan at Hyper."

Ryan: "This is all still fresh in your mind as if it was yesterday hey?"

Alex: "She and I talked about it, And how she tried to tell me the same thing you guys did, That he wasn't in a relationship, But I mean, I was confused and annoyed, to say the least, which is a completely fair thing to think about right? At that moment I felt like I was on the right train of thought. But when I was talking to her I told her how Lachlan and I had met, And she said she remembered that I would come along for dinner or to see Lachlan when he was at the Click house you know."