Personal Ladder End

Lachlan's POV

Two weeks it has been since I helped stand up for Vik, he seemed so much brighter, so much happier. Well, he did while we weren't at school. When we were at school it would start, bullying, slurs and oppression, the hatred in everyone's voice just because I stood up for someone, because I wanted to protect Vik. But no they didn't care.

Jason: "Fuck you Faggot."

Id started coming to the end of my tether, after two weeks of constant abuse, with teachers not doing anything about it, looking away if they see it or pretending to not pay attention. The only safe place was home or the library after school. Even during school, it was a time during our lunch break, I would walk up and sort the books until Vik walked in behind me, take one look at me and I would sit down with my back to the wall while Vik crawled into my lap crying, because someone had the decency to call him horrible things, or treat him like shit. Or physically hurt him. But I know my little star is too precious and honest to tell me who it was. He knows I'd kick their ass and not in a good way but today, oh today was different.

Lachlan: "For fuck sake do people really not know how the fucking alphabet goes?"

Librarian: "Language Lachlan."

Lachlan: "Fuck off."

I continued to fix the shelves until I heard heavy breathing behind me.

Harry: "Lachlan you gotta come with me. Now."

I swear I couldn't have hesitated even if I wanted to, my legs spurred into action while a million thoughts ran through my head. As we neared the science block, I saw Vik standing over three people with Josh in front of him. Funny how Josh is standing in front but I still only see Vik.

Lachlan: "What the fuck just happened?"

Josh: "Three guys tried to corner Vik and attack him, and unfortunately for them, I just so happen to be in the area."

Vik stepped from behind Josh and ran over to me, his arms wrapping themselves around me as he cried.

Lachlan: "Hey baby boy relax you are safe now I promise."

Vik: "I'm so scared."

Mr Watkins: "What the hell happened here? You four, principal now."

Josh: "And these three?"

Mr Watkins: "I'll get some help to take them to the sick bay and help them recover after whatever you guys did to them."

Josh: "All me mate. And besides wouldn't your wife leave you if she knew you were deliberately breaking rules just to suit yourself? Or wait no hang on she already left you after she lost the kid and didn't want to tell you because she knew how violent you get. You want me to go to see Miss Geere. Fucking take me yourself you piece of shit."

Freya: "Josh?"

Josh: "No, I'm fucking sick of my best friend and his boyfriend..."

Both Vik and I groaned but we knew it was futile to deny it.

Josh: "Get tormented every fucking day, abused and hurt simply because Lachlan stood up for him and helped him, because Lachlan took down Hayley and wasn't taking shit from her, it's fucking wrong and as a teacher, your first priority should be the kids in trouble. Not the ones protecting their friends. So fuck you."

I held Vik tight until I started moving us away from what was going on, using a Josh's distraction after I knew what was going on, what he was doing. When we were out of the block, I grabbed his hand and we ran to the office, I barged into Miss Geere's office and noticed her with some other man.