What Comfort Zone? Part 1

Lachlan's POV

Jay: "Come on Lachy it will be fun."

Lachlan: "Maybe it will be but I don't really want to go out anywhere."

Jay: "You might enjoy yourself though. I'm going, Taylor is going, Mitch will probably be there as well."

This party had been coming up for a few weeks now, Something the boys were looking forward too. Even though we weren't doing much, Just playing games and enjoying some pizza for dinner. Honestly, it sounded like a really nice relaxing day for us who work most of the time. Well for me maybe, The guys all work sure but we all work in the same industry. Jay's been keeping up with his channel while Mitch has grown exponentially.

Lachlan: "When is it?"

Jay: "It's next week, I would really like it if you could make it."

Jay and I had been friends for so long, I don't think I could ever imagine being this close with someone else.

Jay: "If you don't enjoy yourself, Then we can leave early and just say it's due to a video not going right ok?"

Lachlan: "Fine."

Jay: "Really?"

Lachlan: "I don't really want to, but I probably should get out of the house right?"

Mitch: "You are coming?"

Lachlan: "Yeah, I should. I don't want to, but I should."

Those words last week landed me in a rather uncomfortable position now, It was only an hour away until Jay was driving us to Jasmine's place for the party and now I was shitting myself. I was trying to come up with any excuse I could to get out of going, My depression hit an all-time low in the last couple of days. I would wake up at 10 Am but barely move out of bed until 2. Just laying there and not wanting to move, I was warm in my bed and I never had anything to do. I didn't need to get out of bed for anyone else so I could stay there. And even when i did finally get out, I was just compelled to stay in my room and do nothing but watch Youtube videos. I didn't want to play any games or do anything productive. I ignored messages from Elliott and Preston like the Plague. I even ignored Jay until Mitch let him in the house and he came straight to my room, Noticing the blanket wrapped around my body with some random video on my screen, My headphones were strewn haphazardly over my skull before I felt him tap me on the shoulder.

Lachlan: "Oh hi, When did you get in?"

Jay: "Mitch let me in, Are you feeling ok today Lachy?"

Lachlan: "I'm fine."

Jay: "We both know you are lying."

Lachlan: "I'm fine Jay."

Jay: "No you aren't. You haven't uploaded a new video in a few days, Just been unlocking your Fuck it playlist."

Lachlan: "I'm smart."

Jay: "Yes, I can't deny that it isn't a smart idea to pre-record a bunch of videos for a series to use for this specific time. Something you can use to help yourself to relax and breathe. But aren't you running out?"

Lachlan: "Not really, I just start a new game each time. I don't edit it exactly for that reason."

Jay: "I still want you to come out with us to the party, It's chill. Pizza and video games man."

Lachlan: "I'm not exactly looking forward to it you know that right?"

Jay: "I know, but maybe getting out of the house is something you need? Think about it, You've been locked in your room and only coming out when your parents make food. That's not healthy to anyone mate."