Cleaning Up Part 2

Rob's POV

Entering each room one last time before starting to clean to get familiar with the layout of the home got me thinking, This place is fucking huge.

Rob: "What does he do for a job if it's so secretive? And look at this place, it's almost spotless enough as it is aside from the dust in a few of these rooms."

I decided to put the water bucket and mop back in the laundry and just grab the duster and get to work. Starting in the main lounge and then I'll make my way up to his bedroom. Though I feel like it could take me a little while to do each room, I mean the main loungeroom alone had a small chandeleir, large windows as well as a nicely placed cut off wall just in front of the hall so you couldn't see directly into the room from the front Door, I think that's my favourite part.

The main issue already is the chandelier. I might just leave that for now until he gets home, I'll get it done immediately if he says yes but right now, I can't even get to it, Maybe he has a ladder somewhere?

After cleaning for a couple of hours, I felt my phone vibrating in my pocket, Sweat dropping from my forehead, I grabbed it out and noticed a private number, Fuck it.

Rob: "Hello this is Rob?"

????: "You know it's dangerous to answer a private number?"

Rob: "Considering all I've done is lose a job, find a new one and I don't have any friends Jerome, I'd say I can make a safe assumption to who is calling. Do you have a ladder somewhere so I can clean the chandelier?"

Jerome: "You can leave that, I wouldn't want you falling and hurting yourself. Just letting you know I'll be home later than I thought so feel free to leave a note on the kitchen island when you finish with anything you think I should get for you, Cleaning equipment, food etc."

Rob: "Food?"

Jerome: "Clothing as well etc."

Rob: "Why would I need clothing?"

Jerome: "Well if you are going to be cleaning regularly you will need to be comfortable, and besides I have too much money I don't need."

Rob: "Why does that worry me more than anything else?"

Jerome: "Because you aren't use to having money."

Rob: "Right, anyway I've finished most of the rooms on the ground floor."

Jerome: "Well don't get too ahead of yourself. You will be doing it semi regularly so I'd say take your time. A room a day should be fine. Just detail clean as much as you need or want to, I won't blame you."

Rob: "Thanks for the vote of confidence but I don't think I'd be able to be alone in someone else's home let alone one room so often I'd know it better than the owner."

Jerome: "What makes you think I wouldn't already want that?"

Rob: "Creepy as fuck Jerome, I'm going to clean the next room then, detail it and then head back home if you want it that way."

Jerome: "Good bye."

What a fucking strange man, Ah well his room next. Stepping inside felt wrong, I felt like I wasn't allowed to be in here, I mean it's in his room. If he talks about how much time he doesn't spend in his own home, then he surely spends most of his time here even just sleeping. I was jealous of the large flat screen TV on the table just at the end of his large four post bed, It was really nice and old style, He even had curtains to draw on each side of his bed as well as the far end. It seemed pretty antique like.

Rob: "Who would have thought the mysterious sexy man would have such an exquisite bed?"

As I walked around the end of his bed and dusted the posts before I went to changing his sheets and blankets, I moved over to the bookshelf he had running along the wall furthest from the door, It was pretty cool looking at all the books he had, I recognized and remembered fondly, each and every one of these except one.

Rob: "This seems fake as fuck."

As I pulled it out and looked at the cover, there was no blurb at the back nor was there any other form of imagery or colors aside from the green leather. I opened the book to see it completely hollowed out except for two words.

"Wrong Book"

Wrong book? Maybe he's a spy? Or he likes puzzles? YO WHAT IF HE IS A SPY!

Rob: "Makes sense, Needs someone constantly here as a scape goat if anyone came searching, if someone knocked on the door pretend I'm not English, Take your time in each room. It's like maybe he expects me to find something and figure it out, Maybe he's testing me to see if I could help him out more. Maybe that's why he needed a cleaner?

Rob: "Alright Jerome your on."

I looked at the rest of the books but nothing stood out. Wrong book, those were the only two... Hang on.

"World Relations on nutritional gain."

Rob: "W.R.O.N.G clever."

I pulled the book out but was stopped, something had a hold on it, as I tried to force it open just a little more, A book on the other side of the shelf stuck out. It must have popped out when I was cleaning. I pushed it back in as I heard the sound of a large key being turned in a lock. It was pretty cool until I had to take a step back and see the bookshelf move over slightly, Leading to another bright room. This time the walls were painted Grey and a weird smell was wafted through, I took a few deep breaths back in his bedroom before walking in and having a look. Opening my phone up to turn on the flashlight.

Rob: "God please don't make me clean this room it's disgusting in here."

It smelled like metal that had rusted, I know an odd smell to know but I use to work in a foundry, we had to get rid of it before the rust rubbed off onto workable material. As I got further along it opened to another room with stairs down, I know i was up on the top floor just a moment ago. I knew this place was bigger than I thought it was from the outside. The only thing that scared me was when I got down there to see a person with thier rib cage open on a desk, It looked like an autopsy... That would also explain the smell.

Rob: "Well... I'm effectively crossing out a spy in my head."

I looked over at the person to see if I recognized them but I had no idea who they are. Even when I pulled back the rag and looked at her face.

Rob: "That sucks, I'm so sorry."

I looked around and noticed a few jars holding some vital organs, oh yeah she's dead.

Rob: "That's a heart, This is disturbing, Why am I still fucking here."

Guess I'm curious, The shock doesn't really exist right now.

Rob: "Wow OK when he gets home I should probably not be here."

As I got up out of the room, Heading back into the main bedroom, Pushing the bookshelf, or trying too until I tried to move the book again, Causing it to close over and then air lock the room off. I walked back down to the main room and grabbed a pen and note book. Writing it all down about what I found, how I found it, The bookshelf which I enjoyed and what was in the room.

Rob: "So aside from all that. Please don't make me clean that room, I could barely handle the smell, I mean if you could move the jars out into another room I could clean them but the smell is horrible. I don't like death and dying so I can stay and clean no problem but like, don't make me do that room. Thing is though I know it's there now, I want the job and if I can't have it then If someone answers the door I can speak English and tell them anything. So I'm not dumb Jerome."

Leaving the note on the table, I left the house as I last left it, meaning the duster was now on his bed, the note on the desk and the lounge room looking a bit slightly cleaner, I don't know I just didn't want to be here. But hey looks like I can definitely keep my job. Lets just hope I don't end up dead.