A Normal Life

(this is the first chapter to my new book A normal life, At the bottom you will see my friend Luke who I have asked to be the main character for the book so hopefully you guys like who I chose. Live I've said before, I have no shortage of great friends to suit roles.)

Cameron's POV

Walking up today in a new home freaked me a little bit. This has been my first move and I was still getting use to the idea that they tore down my other home. I mean, I understand needing to move or the real estate people would have literally destroyed the house while we were still in it. But come the fuck on mum another country?

Erica: "Cameron, you up?"

Cameron: "Yeah, I'm up. I just woke up."

Erica: "Right, apparently some things work differently here so I'm going to need you to be quick getting organized. You had a shower last night yeah?"

Cameron: "Yeah, I'll take one later when I get home."

Erica: "On the bright side, at least you don't have to wear a uniform?"

Cameron: "I guess. Anyway I'm up I'll throw something on and breakfast?"

Erica: "Banana till we find a shop closer by."

We've been here three days now, And it was still a bit of a culture shock. Turns out having a thick Australian accent can really throw people off balance when talking to them.

Erica: "Come down and let me know when you are ready, I'll need to head off to meet up with Danielle for this job when I drop you."

Cameron: "Do you need to be early?"

Erica: "No, I got time."

Cameron: "Alright, I'll be quick."

Only ten minutes later I had my heavy bag over my shoulder as I made my way to the kitchen. I loved how big this new place was but when I can stand in the middle of the kitchen with my arms spread, and not touch the counter top or the island in the middle of the room, I'd say that's bad designing.

Erica: "Still getting use to it? It's a big move."

Cameron: "Do you sometimes regret it?"

Erica: "Yeah a little, but I think this is what's best for us. And your dad will be over in about a week or so after he finishes up business back home."

Cameron: "Sydney to Dallas is a big move you know."

Erica: "I know, but we got the essentials so we should be fine. Now are you ready to go?"

With a nod from me, I followed her out as she left the keys in the pot plant, covered by the dirt just enough so only a small amount of the silver ring was visible for the house keys, we only had one set on us at the moment.

With our relatively short trip underway, I was talking about the accent, whether I should just use it or try to fit in.

Erica: "They will find out eventually. You are better off just being yourself. No one is going to be nice to someone if they find out something as big as their accent is fake, they will probably just assume everything else is too."

Cameron: "See when you put it that way."

Erica: "I'd say you can do what you like but my American accent is shit."

Cameron: "Yeah, I'd have to ignore you if you ever picked me up one day."

Erica: "Exactly."

Looking down at myself with my Grey tracky-dacks. Tight ish black shirt, not realizing I should get another one sometime, I felt a little exposed but then again. Might as well do something to stand out... Just don't get hard. Cos getting hard in trackys are the worst thing because you can se everything.