Kikyo x fem reader- Can I avenge you? pt2

The ten days flew by faster than expected and unfortunately you hadn't earned her love. Kikyo looked at you sadly.

Her pale fingers brushed against your cheek, no tears fell from your eyes. The priestess graced you with her perfect smile.

"You may have not won me over but that doesn't mean I do not hold any affection for you. In fact I feel closer to you compared to when you first proposed your crazy idea."

You smiled at the little laugh she rarely used. "I won't say goodbye my dear (Y/n)...I intend to keep you by side as a friend, if you are ok with that?"

You enveloped Kikyo in a tight hug, one filled with a breaking heart and happiness. "Anything to have you in my life Kikyo."

She again smiled and wrapped her arms around you tenderly. "I am still very sorry."

You broke the embrace and shook your head, "no I'm glad for the chance and your amazing kindness."

Kikyo's head whipped to the sound of battle. You both said, "the Shikon jewel."

(The event between Kikyo and Inuyasha played out)

You saw the pink ball fall from his claws and at the same time Kaede scream. You turned to see Kikyo crouched down and clutching her shoulder. Bleeding profoundly.

"Kikyo!" You came to her aid.

"You didn't tell me you were hurt!"

She was becoming paler and losing breath. "I...did not wish..to worry you so I covered it up."

Your eyes scanned hers and she grunted. The blood spreading and staining her kimono. "No I beg you don't leave me!" You said.

She smiled one last time, "I never wanted this..."

"Never wanted what?"

She became motionless and your question went unanswered. Kaede cried beside you.

"Who killed her?"

Her sister merely pointed to the tree the dog demon was forever bound to.

A rage like none other boiled within you. A hate for Inuyasha that would carry on through the years.

You kissed her cold forehead, "if I can I'll avenge you, you made him get what he deserved."

>>>>>>>>
The events of the 10 days.

The first morning rose and you had woken Kikyo early to watch the sunrise together.

She spoke, "So this is your attempt to woo me?"

You rubbed your neck nervously,  "well I guess I don't exactly have it planned out."

Kikyo poked your cheek, "all I suggest is don't change for me, be who you are."

You put her hand down in the grass and held it. She squeezed to give reassurance.

Villagers began to shout out to the woman she sighed. "I have my duty of a priestess to maintain so some days you may not get to spend with me."

"Thats ok."

When her gaze left yours you could tell sadness was held within. Why?

In reality you only had 4 days to win her affection as her duty came before anything else.

But in the days she was busy you always prepared food for her. Washed her clothes and even spent the nights with her.

Those nights on which you accompanied her she cherished.

Day 1:
A blanket was laid out on the field and you had bowls filled with nice varieties of food. Some oddly shaped riceballs and a little bit of sake.

Kikyo sat down her bow as always at her side. "I'm impressed (Y/n)." You grinned.

"Eat up!"

So she did.

Occasional chatter filled the silence inbetween when there wasn't food stuffed in your mouths.

Kikyo drunk some sake she eyed your empty cup. Grabbing the ceramic jug she grabbed your cup and poured some.

You went to thank her and retrieve it from her but she pulled back with a smirk.

"Uh-uh! Let me."

Confused you sat still, she brought the edge of your cup to your lips. Slowly tilting it so you could drink it.

She tilted it more each time she heard you audibly swallow.

Once finished she set the cup down.

You covered your mouth with a blush, "wow." You muttered.

"Thank you for lunch."

She grabbed her bow and bowed, "I must go now." You nodded and began to pack up as she walked away.

You hummed to yourself quite happy.

Day 2:
You took Kikyo through a garden of wonderful colours. Hedges trimmed to be the shapes of various animals and flower beds mounted the hill like a maze.

You received a peck on the cheek.

Day 3:
This date was spent inside as the rain poured harshly over the land. You had guitar in your arms and strummed the strings with such power. Kikyo clapped along to each vibration, smiling all the while.

But nothing could compare to her magical tunes. A song you always wanted to hear. You obtained calluses the next morning.

Day 4:
You decided to take a look into how Kikyo spent her day fighting demons and such. It was amazing her power beyond measure. This only made you grow fonder.

Day 5:
All the while you helped treat patients (so kinda another day wasted) Kikyo had a solemn expression.

And you know the actions later.

>>>>>>>>>

A week after Kikyo's funeral you had not shed a tear since her death. You desired vengeance against Inuyasha. And a demon hoping to take advantage of that desire would make an offer you could not turn a blind eye to.

 And a demon hoping to take advantage of that desire would make an offer you could not turn a blind eye to