older Kohaku x criminal reader pt1

The young male doged a throwing knife that sliced his cheek. He rushed through the dense forest. "Stop!" He called out. You ignored his demand, you were finally free from that fat lords stupid cellar.

This demon slayer chasing you was the guard for his castle. You weren't going to be caught. You had earned Kohaku's trust enough to make him believe your killing tendencies were gone.

But the moment the chains were removed from your wrists you slit the fat lords throat. The satisfaction from that was thrilling.

You'd escaped by a hair after every guard surrounded you. Thankfully the skills you'd been taught at Rhiannan cove paid off well. A low growing branch emerging from the moss caught your ankle. Your heel twisted at an odd angle.

The sound of bone crunching reached your ears as unholy words left your lips. You tumbled down a steep slope as tears formed in your eyes from the excruciating pain of your ankle rolling.

Eventually your body stilled and you felt the full force of the broken bone. You heard Kohaku nearing where you were so you dragged yourself in thick bushes. Shielding yourself from his eyes as he arrived minutes later.

"Where are you?! I heard you yell." He spun around scanning his surroundings. But his expression showed a look of defeat. You smirked thinking you evaded him. But your ankle poked through the bushes and his feet slammed on your foot.

You screamed as tears streamed down to the hot burning rushing up your leg. He drew his sword and pointed the tip at your chest.

"Found you."

You didn't reply as the burning refused to cease. He saw your foot twisted to an unnatural angle.

"Are you ok?"

You scoffed, "your asking the person you were chasing if they are ok? You must be stupid."

He glared at you, inspecting the injury. "Your basically stranded with that leg."

"Yeah and caught too."

He sheathed his sword, "I don't have to worry about you attacking then." He kneeled down, his arms going under your thighs and waist.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking you back to be judged."

"There's no way I'm being caged like a bird again or being executed." You struggled against him but the pain increased tenfold when you moved.

"I wouldn't rebel til you get medical attention for that."

"Owww! Shut up!" You said with a cry.

His brown orbs met yours with concern in them. "Don't move or it'll hurt more."

"No shit!"

He now carried you bridal style, silence filled the air between you two. "So why did you kill the Lord?"

You crossed your arms and said nothing. Kohaku sighed, "I'm trying to clear the awkward tension."

"He's an asshole."

"Really? That's all you have?"

Anger riddled your features, "no it's not!"

He waited.

"Did you never wonder what he did in his resting chambers for 2hrs?" This shocked him when you asked. "Well I guess a tad."

"I'll tell you, rape."

Kohaku stopped in his tracks.

"Why would I believe the word of a criminal?"

You smiled mischievously, "because I'm the criminal you fell in love with."

You saw a tinge of red dust his nose, he wouldn't meet your gaze. You saw this as an opening. "Kohaku look at me."

He was hesitant but did as instructed and stared into your (e/c) pupils. "You know I never killed without a valid reason."

He let loose a shaky breath, "yes I do but that doesn't make it ok."

You snaked your arms around his neck and forced his face closer to yours. "But he hurt me Kohaku...he took the part of me I was saving for you."

His eyes widened, his mouth opened to speak but you crashed your lips onto his.

The kiss was brief and perfunctory, a duty done, a ritual performed. You deepened the kiss, feeding his growing lust. Had he looked more closely he may have noticed your eyes open and the danger in them.

You felt his hands grip tighter onto the parts of your body he held. You broke the kiss, a string of saliva left behind.

His face was now flushed red, breathing as you could tell he wanted much more. "Sorry lover boy."

You unsheathed his sword, pushing him roughly enough he let go of you. You landed on the ground and hissed at the sting of the impact to your injury. You used his sword as support.

Kohaku was still not yet defeated, "you fox!" A wink was all you gave him when on cue a demon blocked his path to you.

"(Y/n)!"

"Bye Kohaku!"